GLOBALFOUNDRIES Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

Great place to make money and learn the industry

Current Employee - Process Technician in Malta, NY
    Current Employee - Process Technician in Malta, NY

I have been working at GLOBALFOUNDRIES full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The cafe has some really great options and the facility itself is very cool. There is ample opportunity to learn the industry and become very proficient on your tool set. The pay is also very nice.

Cons

Management would rather keep putting out small fires rather than take the time and money to fix the bigger issue causing the smaller issues. The people that work days and in the offices have it great while the men and women in the fab are treated much differently.

Advice to Management

Appreciate and reward your good employees. The fabs are the foundation of this company. The people in the fab, night and day are what keeps this company going and sometimes I think management forgets that.

Steady scientific challenging indoors 12 hour shifts

Current Employee - Senior Tech Failure Analysis Eng/03 in Malta, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Tech Failure Analysis Eng/03 in Malta, NY

I have been working at GLOBALFOUNDRIES full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Guaranteed Overtime, safe, paid vacation paid sick time cafeteria, challenging scientific benefits including health insurance life insurance dental insurance and 401k

Cons

Management keeps changing, rules and responsibilities keep changing, frustrating, favoritism, language barriers, lazy administration, lazy management, short sited, vast pay inequality

Advice to Management

Please implement: equal pay for equal work

Missed Payroll Was More Serious Than A Glitch

Current Employee - Senior Manager Technical Staff in Malta, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Manager Technical Staff in Malta, NY

I have been working at GLOBALFOUNDRIES full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good companies have solid leaders who make good decisions that keep the company moving forward in good times and bad. Good companies are predictable enough that you move your family to god forsaken New York, buy a house and a car without worrying every fall about your job. Globalfoundries has never been a good company.

Cons

The spin is out, a GLITCH is responsible for our missed payday. Not to worry. Anyone who doesn't believe this company is bankrupt is a fool and deserves to be unemployed in Albany New York.

Advice to Management

Have you ever looked up our past leaders to see where they are? None of them is with a real company, no Microsofts, Intels, Apple,etc. Now look up some former mid level managers and senior technicians. They are are Cisco, Intel, Samsung, etc There is a lesson here- lousy leaders hire lousy leaders. And so it goes....

Great place if you want to work for FREE

Current Employee - Module Shift Manager in Malta, NY
    Current Employee - Module Shift Manager in Malta, NY

I have been working at GLOBALFOUNDRIES full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Air conditioning in office area.

Cons

Everything seems to be one glitch after another , the latest one being no pay on pay day........FMl

Advice to Management

Any way you can help get my old job back or do what ever needs to be done to pay employees

Unprofessional.

Current Employee - Senior Tech Facilities Engineer in Malta, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Tech Facilities Engineer in Malta, NY

I have been working at GLOBALFOUNDRIES full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Globalfoundries has ZERO pro's to reflect on. Poor choice of job a selection. Don't work here.

Cons

No respect for employees, unsafe work conditions. No mid level management to help employees. It's a pressured work environment with no straight answers.

Advice to Management

To have a strong work force treat employees with respect. Late pay, telling employees when to use vacation time accrued.

Poor management

Pros

Good equipments. Lots of people from different places.

Cons

Poor management. People do not like to share knowledge.

I'm Going Off The Rails On A Crazy Train....Yeee-eee-ahhhhh! (guitar solo)

Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Malta, NY
    Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Malta, NY

Pros

Head-bangin' crazy 80's hair-thrashing music directly applies to this job. Ozzy's brilliance was decades ahead of GF management.

Cons

"Mental wounds not healing, who and what is to blame- I'm going off the rails on a crazy train"! Honestly, this song TOTALLY applies to the place I work at- This train is going down the tracks full throttle; don't worry about the red signal or curves up ahead, then it will be the brakeman's fault, riding in the caboose in back, when there's the 100 car pile-up. Fix the wreck, lay the blame (on the brakeman in the caboose), and throttle up again!!!! Seeing we can't learn from our mistakes, the engineer cranks the throttle to full again. There is no career here, no reward for dedication and no desire by senior management to be proactive and prevent these wrecks before they happen. The CEO and others are so full of themselves, their heads in the clouds, their sights on themselves, it is amazing things are not in worse shape....well, perhaps they are. ATIC, can we please have another 10 billion?

Advice to Management

Quite your reactive actions and micro-managing your solutions which the next day you forget about, because your micro-managing fixes on the next day's disaster(s). You can't learn anything when you're shouting and demanding and pointing fingers. Listen for a change.

Revolving Door

I have been working at GLOBALFOUNDRIES full-time

Pros

Company should have lots of potential, but has hard time harnassing it

Cons

Lots of good people still leaving the company

Advice to Management

Don't let good employees keep walking out the door

They can't even pay us on time

Current Employee - Technician Facilities Engineering in Malta, NY
    Current Employee - Technician Facilities Engineering in Malta, NY

I have been working at GLOBALFOUNDRIES full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The toxic morale has created a sense of unity amongst the seniority technicians who equally resent this company and the new hires who make way more to start.

Cons

Creating a culture of mediocrity- If you're a hard worker, you're not going to work hard- because you have no incentive to. No matter what you do, you're going to get rated the same 3 that the other gets who just shows up. Uneven payscale-A tech 1 can make more than a senior tech, a senior tech can make more than a principal tech. Standardize your levels so you can standardize salaries, if you have to pay more for a brand new employee you should pay even more for the employee that's already trained. Am I right ? So why don't you ? This is the #1 reason people are leaving this place faster than you're hiring, yet they'd rather pay out the _____ for contracted employees than pay their veterans what they deserve. I just don't get it. Attrition-never ending cycle of good, trained,battle tested, experienced talent that leaves because HR wants to pay the new hires more before bringing all the 3,4 year veterans up to what the current starting pay is for that position. We went from being paid weekly to bi-weekly and they still couldn't even pay us on time. Seriously not even kidding-and then blamed it on our payroll management company-typical. Forced mandatory vacation hours-They wait til the END OF AUGUST END OF SUMMER to announce that they mandate that everybody had to use 80 hours of accrued vacation time by the end of the year and if you didn't have 80 you had to use your balance. Well hey "all we're asking is that you use some of that time ya'll got stored away that's all, ok next slide" Because who doesn't want to use 3 weeks of vacation in October November and December. This company is such a joke and the writing is ALL over the wall that they're doomed for failure yet again. Don't bother waiting out another review period, there is no hope. Time to abandon ship. If you're looking at this company at a prospective employer ?? Hold out for a much higher salary than you're currently making and if they don't give it to you, wait longer because raises are few and far far between, and they're getting desperate for people- look at the other reviews, people are leaving and positions are opening more and more by the day.

Advice to Management

You keep asking us what the problem is and we keep telling you ! Stop getting defensive about it and fix it ! Stop forcing out all the tenured people who actually know this place by paying more for FNG's and cheating the rest of us every review period ! Start worrying about retaining talent instead of overpaying for untrained new talent. Want to save $$ ? Invest in your experienced employees so you don't have to overpay for outside companies to run your plants for you.

Forced Furloughs are not a Strategy

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malta, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malta, NY

I have been working at GLOBALFOUNDRIES full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company values its people so much so that they tell us when to use our paid leave

Cons

Everyone knew it was coming, the announcement of 4th quarter furloughs. In addition to forced leave, senior management has the following plan for making Globalfoundries competitive.... 1. Eliminate Business Class travel. This seems odd because 99% of employees are already barred from business class travel. We don't have a private executive jet, so we shlep our way to Dresden by Economy. So who is being barred and how much will this save? 2. We can no longer meet with our fellow employees, or even with our direct reports. All business can be done by Google hangout - really? 3. Slash support service. Now I am in favor of getting rid of unnecessary bureaucracy,but the problem is that management has tried this before and it didn't work. Leadership never accounts for the reduced resources, they demand the same or more services with half the resources. Globalfoundries has always been two worlds. One is for top leadership who still get to fly anywhere they want, anyway they want. They will still get to take their vacations to the Mediterranean when they want. They get bonuses when we loose money. Then there is the rest of us. The fact is that Globalfoundries has been a failure since Day 1. The burden of continued failure has been borne disproportionately by average employees. This isn't going to change.

Advice to Management

Make good decisions for a change and treat us like we have a brain in our head. The Town Halls are just disgusting.

RSS Feed </> Embed