GLOBALFOUNDRIES Reviews

Reset

Unstable and Unfair

Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at GLOBALFOUNDRIES full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

opportunities to work on latest technology tools

Cons

hard work are not recognized well and global teams are hard to manage and be part of.

Could be worse

I have been working at GLOBALFOUNDRIES full-time

Pros

New company with a lot of cash. Working on ground breaking technology with lots of potential

Cons

Poor management. It's the United nations here so neopotism really shines here

Advice to Management

Reward the hard workers who want to learn and are valuable to the team. Fight for you staff if they are deserving.

Where dreams come to die

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at GLOBALFOUNDRIES full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Competitive salary, decent benefits. Peers really work hard. Free coffee.

Cons

Where to start...dysfunction is rampant in pretty much every level of management. HR is incompetent and not there for the employees. If you dare to file an ethics complaint know that it isn't anonymous.... You will become a target and the illegal and/or immoral activities will be ignored. And you will be outed to the person or persons you filed against. You are expected to work when you take sick days and vacation. You are expected to be on conference calls during your off hours into late evenings and weekends. If you disagree with how things are run, and you would have to be blind to not see the utter chaos, you will be labeled a complainer. And if you have always been a strong performer at other mature companies get ready to get the worst review ever. Unless,of course,you keep your mouth shut and don't ever point out the idiocy. There is no way this company will ever have major market share. They have no clue how to run a truly world class company. And acquiring IBM will do no good. I wonder how long it will take to destroy any of the good IBM brings....probably not long. Absolute worst experience I have ever had in my 25+ years in the workforce. Glad I will soon break out of the asylum!!

Advice to Management

Get rid of the old Chartered management. They will be your ruin.

Sexual Discrimination and Abuse is Rampant: STAY AWAY

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malta, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malta, NY

I worked at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (More than a year)

Pros

HR does not do anything, which can be good or bad for you depending on whether you are trying to get away with stuff. The private investors do not have to answer to stock holders, so they can continually fund the horrible dysfunctionality with wasted funds, and commit to horrific leadership which keeps people from all getting laid off or fired, but for an unknown unspoken about period of time. Money has to be running out eventually? Otherwise there is some other plan but, certainly the average employee is not privy to it.

Cons

I was sexually abused here multiple times (as multiple other women have reported on here if you read through all of the reviews) verbally by multiple people but physically as well. Before that, a manager of mine tried to entice me into participating in dodgy events outside of work and became very hostile to me at work when I was not engaging in bad behavior with him. He threatened me multiple times and even lied about when I showed up to work and withheld holiday pay from me. I reported it to HR, they did nothing. They eventually fixed the pay after he pretended it was a "mistake" HR knew my problems, they looked away, maybe because they are heartless? I don't know what other reason... I do not think the people in HR have souls, or else they are operating under someone else who does not. I went to HR about it multiple times and no one did anything. HR is the most corrupt group of people I have ever met. I hope they all get fired or end up in court, where they belong answering to the severe neglect they have doled out to me and many other girls I know. When I left I reported names of these people, they were promoted after I left. Everyone I told who has not immediately fired the people who participated, knew about it and let it happen, laughed about my life and what a nightmare it was, I hope also are held accountable and get fired (but this won't happen, you will never find an ounce or logic, much less humanity in this place). This place is a living hell. It is truly the worst place I have ever worked in my life. Be prepared to sell your soul or bury it in the ground if you have any ounce of sincere ambition and need for the sense of accomplishment. If you are girl, forget it. You will be treated poorly unless you are inserted into a more senior position, but even then I have heard negative things. Not only do I have horror stories, but now other women have shared theirs with me who work there. Sexual abuse happens even within the HR Department. People are scared to talk about it, and Senior Management blows it off. This place needs to be cleaned out, and acknowledge the federal and state laws they continually ignore. If you are guy and feel this does not apply to you , just read the other 400 other 1 star reviews This on top of all of the other bad things everyone has to say about this company. Don't forget, any review over 3 stars is from a new college grad who has been there less than 6 months, or a fake posting by HR. Knowing how corrupt they are first hand, writing fake reviews must be as morally casual for them as drinking coffee in the morning. I reached to alot of people, and basically nothing has been done except dog treats have been given to offenders including but not limited to promotions and bonuses.

Advice to Management

Go to jail, where you belong for hearing all these stories and continually failing to document and investigate them according to law.

Change finally

I have been working at GLOBALFOUNDRIES full-time

Pros

Finally realized that former leaders are the problem as opposed to former employees. Took them almost 4 years to figure this. Has a chance consider the backing from Oil but probably has to deliver profit soon. Survey results are improving from an absurd less than 50% of employees with no confidence to something significantly better. There are already great results seen but a question of if it is soon enough ?

Cons

The legacy of irrelevant departments in non-manufacturing related capacities remain to be resolved along with a large number of very high level employees hired for less than meritocratic purposes under the old establishment. Design/ early technology evaluation related departments are particular bloated where their value proposition is not well determined nor are there comparable departments in competitor companies which raises a question since Glofo is essentially licensing technology. We dropped to 3rd in the industry so the consequences of bad decision making by the previous failed leadership is very significant and measured in billions.

Advice to Management

Figure how to train and transform your employees to fit the business model. Only release those who actively resist change. GPM bell curves are "purges" and 4 years of that did not work. Adopt standards similar to public list companies where financial control is concerned.

MTS Engineer

Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff Engineer in Malta, NY
    Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff Engineer in Malta, NY

Pros

The company is growing and there is a lot of demand for engineers and techs. Regular pay increases.

Cons

Too much micromanagement. Regular reports requested by management that do not add value.

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging every aspect of the company.

Not a good place to work

Pros

Investing to expand the fab and facilities in Malta, NY

Cons

Too much management hirarchy and lack of technical depth

Advice to Management

Keep good and less number of managers

Continue to be hopeless

Current Employee - Smts in Malta, NY
    Current Employee - Smts in Malta, NY

I have been working at GLOBALFOUNDRIES full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing to see this company still holds some high quality engineers

Cons

> To those who complain about IBMers joining GF, I don't expect anything fancy from them but you are not any better than them, so stop complaining, shut up and do your job. > At least 20% engineers (up to MTS) are worthless > 30% SMTS are worthless > 70% PMTS are worthless > 100% DMTS are worthless > 80% managers are worthless > 100% senior managers, deputy directors and directors are worthless > 100% HR are worthless > No idea what VP and above are doing

Advice to Management

Do you come to work? Really? Come to workplace once in a while to enjoy lunch at the cafeteria. Food there is not that bad.

10. New wave

Current Employee - Principal Engineer TD CFM in Malta, NY
    Current Employee - Principal Engineer TD CFM in Malta, NY

I have been working at GLOBALFOUNDRIES full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Intospection by leaderdhip team..leading to changes New wave of management has come in place for carrying the weight of putting things together New/developed- much improved systems Planning and priorities being understood slowly Investment continues on technology / equipment. .biggest change has been the realization and start of investment on people

Cons

Lots of work to be done..which growing company does not. Work may be shared fairly, but executions generally done by few..needs to be followed through to all.

Advice to Management

Follow through with the plans Continue investment on human resource

is it IBM???

Former Employee - NATO Engineer in Albany, NY
    Former Employee - NATO Engineer in Albany, NY

I worked at GLOBALFOUNDRIES full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

many talented ppl in the company who are not utlized properly.

Cons

too many bull goals which are not achievable frequent org changes.. which again messes up objectives and goals

Advice to Management

what is going on... sweeping changes to mgmt.. and i have lost count of how many org changes that has occured.. some of co workers had bosses change every yr... ppl are frustrated with frequent changes... and the recent change is crazy... is this still GF or becoming a IBM cluture?? IBM failed for a reason... ppl seem to be blind to that

RSS Feed </> Embed