GMI Reviews

Updated May 13, 2014
Updated May 13, 2014

Richard Powell
1 Rating

Guard Management Inc is the dream job of any entry level security officer because of their professionalism.

Former Employee - Asset Protection Officer  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Asset Protection Officer in San Diego, CA

I worked at GMI full-time for more than a year

Pros

They have very professional protocols and manner of operations. They use technology to their advantage in on the job situations and technical support to back up their employees as needed. The opening wage is comparable to other openings at other security companies and it is possible to get promoted quickly within the company. The work hours and schedules are very stable and rarely change unless necessary. The working environment feels safe and secure, even at night in most areas (perhaps I'm just comfortable in most environments). People generally respect the uniform, few exceptions being teenagers, transients and the intoxicated.

Cons

Pin classes take time away from work and time is not paid to attend, meaning the associate is out a day's wage and receives a literal pin to place on their uniform. Some employees can't afford to lose a day's wage if they are not full time.

Failure to have Guard Card renewed prior to expiration will result in termination, regardless of BSIS situation cause. GMI is following mandated law regarding this matter and the same is true for all security companies. It is strongly recommended to renew all credentials 6 months in advance with BSIS due to the nature of the bureaucracy. BSIS is understaffed and overworked, resulting in extreme delays in paperwork handling, lost files and long call waiting periods. If you possess both a guard card and firearm carry permit, you must pay cash or check for joint renewal as digital payment is disallowed.

Keep up the good work, customer service and employee trainings/little talks. Be advised that employees possessing firearm carry permits will be delayed in guard card renewal, automated online renewal is NOT ADVISED due to BSIS not allowing digital payment for dual renewal of guard card AND firearm carry permits. Advised to press employees hard for renewal 6 months in advance. Use same method currently used, just do so earlier.

fast pace enviroment

Current Employee - Dispatcher  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Dispatcher in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at GMI part-time for less than a year

Pros

costumer service experience, dispatch experience

Cons

a lot of work, paperwork, and inputting in the computer

two dispatchers

Wouldn't recommend this as a place to work

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Hopkins, MN
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Hopkins, MN

I worked at GMI full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly co-workers in my office. Casual atmosphere.

Cons

Long hours and expected to check your emails off hours. Large volume of emails. It is common for employees to check their emails throughout the evening, weekends, holidays. Little support from management. I found it to be a very negative culture. If you make a mistake, expect it to be broadcast to just about everyone. No work/life balance.

Be supportive and take the time to train your personnel instead of referring them to one of the many SOPs. Treat your employees like people and not production machines.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Accounting Manager

Former Employee - Accounting Manager  in  Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Accounting Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at GMI full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great growth and learning experience
    Great benefits, pretty had it all

Cons

1. Change of ownership
    2. Used few months/years to get things on track

Management demotivated staff and made private matters public.

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Burlington, MA

I worked at GMI full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Get to work on interesting projects - not internally, but driven by customer requirements. The customers are exciting and for the most part reasonable. Many GMIers are smart and fun to work with.

Cons

Focus on developing promising talent - right now you drive them away and the people who remain are either average or just want to hang on until they can find something better. Work/Life balance stinks - some members of staff are expected to be available at any time of the day. Some staff get hundreds of emails a day, and are castigated if an email goes unanswered within the hour.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Ramsey, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ramsey, MN

I have been working at GMI

Pros

Great people, personal and business growth are encouraged. Talent is rewarded.

Cons

Small company, you have to perform.

Continue to promote from within and use the talents that are there.

GMI a great place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Ramsey, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ramsey, MN

I have been working at GMI

Pros

*Variety of Work Assignments
    *Fun and Friendly Atmosphere
    *Recognition for going above and beyond
    *Development Oportunities
    *Innovation
    *Ideas listened to and Valued
    *Ability to implement Change
    *Good Work Life Balance

Cons

* Work Load can be high
    * Administartive Support not an option just means that you have to do your own paper work :-)
    * Would like more PTO

*Keep Friendly Atmosphere
    *Continue with your Open Mind Set
    *Consider More PTO Time
    *Provide More Feedback on job performance to all employees ( more often, not just a review time)

my experience in gmi very pressure, and i know to sew any garment or any style of jacket,pants,short

Current Employee - Sewer  in  Lapu-Lapu City (Philippines)
    Current Employee - Sewer in Lapu-Lapu City (Philippines)

I have been working at GMI full-time for more than a year

Pros

some of the best that
    I"ve work of gmi is they give me an idea or knowledge how to sew and now i already know how cut the fabrics to make the jacket,pants,and etc....

Cons

the management so very strict

it was not a very good experience for me.

I have been working at GMI

Pros

i worked with GMI (Gold Mine International) because of its attractive offers in network marketing.

Cons

you don't get enough support from your seniors.

Rewarding and challenging

I have been working at GMI

Pros

Development opportunities, multiple roles were offered to me. They have flexible hours for some positions, others require long 10-12 hour days

Cons

Can be difficult to manage up. Depending on how you were hired, you have different career opportunities availalbe to you

Worked for GMI? Contribute to the Community!