GMR Marketing Reviews

Updated August 2, 2014

3.8

GMR Marketing CEO Gary Reynolds
Gary Reynolds

Pros
  • good pay especially if ur on a tour (in 6 reviews)

• Great people, laid back atmosphere, fun monthly happy hours & other events throughout the year (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • When you work in event marketing you will often be working long hours, or committing your nights and weekends to work as well (in 4 reviews)

• pay and long hours will little compensation (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Exciting job for the outgoing person

Former Employee - Senior Brand Ambassador (Nightlife)  in  Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Senior Brand Ambassador (Nightlife) in Memphis, TN

I worked at GMR Marketing part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Atmosphere, laid back, great way to network and learn more about the general public

Cons

A yearly 28 day “lay off” period, some areas you visit can be unsafe to walk to even in groups with such expensive equipment.

Helpful team!

Former Employee - Account Coordinator  in  New Berlin, WI
    Former Employee - Account Coordinator in New Berlin, WI

I worked at GMR Marketing full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great environment, relaxed atmosphere and work with well-recognized brands. Team is passionate about their work and industry overall.

Cons

Situation can be challenging when we'd lose clients. It lead to stressful times for the team.

Be fair with the team, share information so the team feels they have a good sense of the business (both the good and the bad).

Great plane to learn, bad place to grow...

Current Employee - Account Supervisor  in  New Berlin, WI
    Current Employee - Account Supervisor in New Berlin, WI

I have been working at GMR Marketing full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

GMR has world-class clients and provides a number of entry level opportunities to work on a diverse set of projects.

Cons

Benefits and pay are low, even by industry standards, but the biggest challenge is the lack of interest on management's part to allow key account managers to change roles or positions once they get established with a client. GMR is more concerned with keeping you in one spot to keep a client happy than allowing you to grow your career.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Everybody plays it fast and loose - which is a double edged sword.

Current Employee - Marketing Manager
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager

I have been working at GMR Marketing full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fun, fast-paced environment; young attractive co-workers; going to school while working is really easy.

Cons

"Management" is minimal, home office is far away and disorganized, pay is on the low side, job stability is non-existent, the path for advancement leads only to New Berlin, WI.

One of the challenges of managing a remote office is maintaining good communication, and that's not happening at GMR. It ends up feeling a little us-against-them when the only feedback you ever receive is when there's a problem.

Get a year in for the experience and get out.

Former Employee - Account Supervisor  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Account Supervisor in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at GMR Marketing full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good resume builder, good and fun social atmosphere, all other jobs seem like a piece of cake once you move on from this company.

Cons

All employees are treated as replace-able, not an encouraging environment, low paying within industry, GMR is a revolving door unless you are at the very top.

GMR has lost a lot of smart people because they don't value employees and recognize them for their accomplishments. Reward employees for their accomplishments and treat them all as valuable parts to the company on a regular basis. Show your employees that you care about them and want to keep them around if they are doing a good job.

very positive work experience.

Current Employee - BMI Checker  in  Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    Current Employee - BMI Checker in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

I have been working at GMR Marketing part-time for more than a year

Pros

great people to work for ...friendly, flexable, team players as well. good pay too

Cons

the Humana tour should do more signup options. as well as videos talking about bone loss , fat percentages and how it really affects your longevity. I would like to be a traveling speaker with this tour on simple living guidelines for longer life through educational talks. hands on workshops with demos like Dr. Oz does, and insurance packages can designed in person for every active lifestyle.

do mpre tours in the west palm, boca area :)

Fun but work for "free"

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  New Berlin, WI
    Former Employee - Account Executive in New Berlin, WI

I worked at GMR Marketing full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fun place to work. Wear shorts, flip-flops, and bring your dog to work.

Cons

Salary. Lots of 50-60 hour weeks at no additional pay. Does not allow concealed carry.

Wonderful company to work for!

Current Employee - Brand Ambassador  in  Sebring, FL
    Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in Sebring, FL

I have been working at GMR Marketing part-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone is very easy to get along with.

Cons

Not enough jobs/events in my area

Everyone I dealt with was wonderful. They all deserve raises!

Great Experience

I have been working at GMR Marketing full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good people and company culture. Opportunity to work with world class clients. Some really smart people in management that clients really respect.

Cons

Be prepared for the hours - the planning happens during the week and the work happens on the weekends. Training is available but not prioritized by management.

More training opportunities to help develop middle management employees. Expose your insights and skills to more employees to improve their understanding of marketing areas, increase learning and professional growth.

Great way of networking with others in nightlife.

Current Employee - Senior Brand Ambassador  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Brand Ambassador in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at GMR Marketing part-time for more than a year

Pros

While I was attending college this job was great because I work at night and I was able to concentrate on both school and work. My manager was very down to earth and this job allowed me to network with a lot of other people because I was going out and being social with other venue managers. You are executing and out in the field 3-4 nights a week and the rest of the paperwork I was able to do at home. It was also nice to be able to have another part time or even a full time job during the day because I was only working at night.

Cons

The challenges would be that working at night can be very exhausting. Sometimes it was also difficult because I wasn't able to get more hours that I wanted and grow within the company because all the manager positions were filled with managers who I knew never wanted to quit.

There should be more opportunities given for growth and pay. There should also be vacation hours given instead of just time requested off because usually I didn't want to take time off because we would get a month off in December but with no pay.

Worked for GMR Marketing? Contribute to the Community!