GN ReSound

Be The First To
Add Photos

Lars Viksmoen

Really like this place

Software QA (Current Employee)
Glenview, IL

I have been working at GN ReSound full-time for more than 5 years

ProsFamily atmosphere, friendly people, nice location

Conspeople are not stimulated, small salaries

Wonderful place to work

Customer Care Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at GN ReSound full-time for more than 5 years

ProsWell compensated, very empowered to make decisions, extensive training. Great location, wonderful people to work with. The hours were normal business hours. After putting in 3 years the pto goes up which was generous.

Conspolitics. customer service department as a whole was looked down upon. No where to move up within the company. The position was very mundane, same thing everyday over and over, not very much variety.

Advice to Senior Managementyou get more out of employees with praise then with punishment. Sit with Customer Care at least once a year to find out what callers are calling in about.

Great place to work

Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at GN ReSound

ProsGreat place to work. Try to link up and get involved

ConsLots of competition and needs to focus on strategy

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep in mind that competition is strong in the market and that a solid strategy is the only way to overcome that. Don't play catch up, lead

I had a great experience at GN Resound

Senior Financial Accountant (Former Employee)
Copenhagen (Denmark)

I worked at GN ReSound full-time for more than a year

ProsDynamic company, forward thinking, transparent, good salary

ConsNot enough management support when it comes to theirs staffs career projection

Advice to Senior ManagementEnsure that staff members know whats forthcoming in their career

Overall it's a great place to work.

I have been working at GN ReSound full-time for more than 5 years

ProsWork/family balance is important to this company. Coworkers are fantastic and with a few exceptions there is a lot of teamwork within and between different departments. The company is strong, growing, and makes excellent products.

ConsManagement doesn't tend to listen to suggestions or complaints made by employees. There seems to be quite a bit of distance between management and employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou may want to keep in mind that those in direct contact with the customer are the ones who truly know what the customer wants. It would be worthwhile to listen to their suggestions a bit more closely.

Humane but modest on salary

Senior R&D Engineer (Current Employee)
Ballerup (Denmark)

I have been working at GN ReSound full-time for more than 8 years

Prospeople are generally loyal to the company and so is the company to the employees. There is a good company culture and relationship between the employees (at least in R&D). All this makes it a good place to work.

ConsSalaries are fair but not among the highest. Yearly increase is rather modest and has not been following the increase in cost (buying food etc.). The ordinary employee does not have any extras like free car phone or anything like that. It might be different at manager and VP levels (and up). There is often a significant workload In R&D and you feel that more employees are needed.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut in more people so that they and the skilled people already in the company can develop their skills and thus continue the good job.

Good job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Glenview, IL

I worked at GN ReSound full-time for more than 3 years

ProsNice to work in an industry that works to improve people's lives.

ConsTries to hard to create the "Wow" factor with every product and launch.

Advice to Senior ManagementConcentrate more on quality, not quantity.

ENVIRONMENT

Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at GN ReSound as a contractor for less than a year

ProsGreat setup and great food!

ConsWorked many hours without pay!

Advice to Senior ManagementEnsure you pay for ALL work undertaken!

Good company dong good things, questionable management

I have been working at GN ReSound full-time

ProsThe product helps improve the quality of life for many people with hearing loss. The people are generally competent and easy to work with. There is a tendency to push the envelope on technology, which is a good thing, since some of those technologies become a significant competitive advantage.

ConsManagement of certain aspects of the company are questionable with negative outcomes proving out bad decisions. As a Danish owned company there is a cultural bias towards group think. There are also some significant differences in how people are treated. There's a general sense of inequity.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand and properly handle risk. Recognize and reward talent.

Oppressive and depressive work culture towards employees. No open door policy between functionary and management welcome

I have been working at GN ReSound full-time for more than 5 years

ProsHuman resources very proactive, and receptive to individual needs of employees. Tries very hard to mediate and establish a proactive repair plan for issue (s) at hand.

ConsEmployee moral is very low due to ongoing and pervasive petty and trivial treatment towards employees. Rampant favoritism abounds and negative verbal treatment from some supervisors unaddressed. Management will not address the concerns of thier employees. This ongoing dysfunction seems to catch on with newly promoted leads and supervisors.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop treating great employees like children at daycare. Stop patronizing and Listen and act on employee concerns..they are legit.

Worked for GN ReSound? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GN ReSound reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for GN ReSound CEO Lars Viksmoen. All 12 reviews posted anonymously by GN ReSound employees.