GOGO Worldwide Vacations

Add Photos

Michele Kish

Waiting for the weekend.

Travel Sales Consultant (Former Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsYou are allowed to have a drink on the job. Hours good 9 to 5, with 1 Saturday a month.

ConsVery low pay, benefits okay but expensive. Needs better training of new employees. Little growth. Travel in general in trouble.

Advice to Senior ManagementRaise the pay.

talk about ruining a perfectly good company!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCompany is good for someone right out of HS.. the less an employee knows the better they can tug on the puppet strings

ConsThey want you to work for free, lie about compensation, and are never accountable for they way they treat employees

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a heart and soul.... right now your all blood suckers

Low employee retention

ProsTravel perks, good benefits, good work-life balance

ConsPoor morale, low retention, pay cuts

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great until bought out by a foreign company. Zero rating. They have no idea how to run a US company.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere are no pros now.

ConsCompensation is horrible for amount of work and time; constantly taking away perks, compensaton etc. Management does not know how to manage a US company. Too much drinking, alcohol. They care nothing about their employees. Set impossible goals. Tech side has gone down hill, making it impossible to reach goals.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not hold out much hope for this once well respected company. New owners have dragged it down to rock bottom.

Just a sales job

Travel Sales Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsCompany culture is good
    Travel perks nice
    If you have nice coworkers in your office that makes the day a bit easier

ConsLaughable pay
    No room for growth unless you live in or move to Jersey
    Only care about sales, but when they change commission to pay agents LESS then you lose any motivation you might have had
    It's basically a call center
    Have to work Saturday once a month (but don't expect your boss to)

Advice to Senior ManagementRestructure commission amounts (AGAIN)

Grossly underpaid, extremely demanding job.

Travel Sales Consultant (Former Employee)

ProsTravel discounts, but who can afford to take advantage of them with the pay they offer.

ConsCall center environment, never ending pressure to sell, sell, sell.
     When I first got hired I didnt understand why the office was a revolving door they sell you the dream and assure you that if you work hard and sell you will make lots of money. It took me a few months to finally understand the truth so let me break it down for you so you don't waste your time or make the same mistake I did by accepting the job.
    If u are thinking of making money, think again you will work like mad. They pay $30k year salary and pay 3% commission on profit of sales Not 3% commission on your sales. So if you sell well you can average $32,400-$34,000 a year.

As far as what you are expected to do for this small salary it starts with a 2 week training in New Jersey where you are forced to share a room with a complete stranger (first red flag). 2 weeks seems long for training but the reason you are required to go to a 2 week long intense training is because you have to learn several computer systems as well as myriad of other things for the difficult and demanding job.

The phone calls are never ending, the computer system they use is outdated and extremely difficult to use. You also have to learn the computer system the airlines use which is never ending data entry and data coding memorization. Expect daily (sometimes multiple times a day) emails from the area leader to sell and meet your sales goal. You met your goal? Great keep selling. You exceed your goal? Great sell more and that only means next month you are expected to sell even more. No win situation.

Some days you are expected to work late hours as part of your schedule and you are also expected to work some Saturdays as well. When the holidays come around don't expect any lunch or celebration of any kind never mind a bonus. You will be getting a generic e-card, end of story.

They are a step above a factory and employees are made to feel like factory workers instead of professional sales reps. I have worked in sales and travel for many years and have never seen a company treat employees so poorly and pay them so little like they do at Gogo.

Advice to Senior ManagementRestructure commission so employees are paid fairly for all the work they are expected to do. Allow in office holiday celebrations to foster company loyalty and team building among coworkers. Treat employees fairly and well which will lessen turnovers and the high cost of new hire training that comes with turnover.

Not as great as they make you believe in the Ramsey NJ Training

Vacation Consultant (Former Employee)

Prostravel benefits is the best

Conswhips and chains on your back to go get the money. Management is MONEY HUNGRY and it makes some of the consultants MONEY HUNGRIER.....

GOGO will suck the life out of you for years then drop you for no reason!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prostravel benefits are very nice

ConsArea Leaders don't have a clue!

Advice to Senior ManagementEliminate middle managment

Worked for GOGO Worldwide Vacations? Contribute to the Community!