GOJO

Updated January 30, 2015
Updated January 30, 2015
3.1

Joe Kanfer

Worthy of it's rating, but opportunity exists

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cuyahoga Falls, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cuyahoga Falls, OH

I have been working at GOJO full-time (more than a year)

Pros

For me, I have enjoyed the work-life balance. Extra hours are required every now and then, but it is not the typical business standard of today's society of 60 hours during the busy season plus extra hours during the rest of the year. This mainly relates to larger, public companies who stretch employees very thin. This isn't to say there isn't a heavy workload, simply that my managers/ the company understand priorities and a balance.

I also have to complement the company and specifically my managers for detailing my individual development and planning the way I was exposed to leadership and additional responsibilities. While it wasn't as fast as I had wanted, they were conscious of this throughout the process and the few years I have been here.

Cons

One of the main issues you run into, which is common across the board at most companies, is the ability to work together towards a common goal. It seems crazy but certain parties look out only for their group and won't allow people to work with other groups to solve problems. Simply put, company politics. This mainly concerns the parties that have been with GOJO for an extended period of time.

Another part I have to add, is the way the company rolls items out. Usually it is get it done now and the cheapest way possible. This, in turn, causes parties to make errors in rolling out a process/ installing equipment due to the demands of getting it done now. It is also done the cheapest way possible resulting in more back-end work repairing the issue. Depiction of putting a band-aid over a gushing wound instead of stitching it up.

Take a step back. Resource appropriately and communicate and roll-out the vision/culture you want for the company. Potential is there, but the same re-occurring issues and problems must be addressed whether they want to be or not.

Quality

I worked at GOJO

Pros

The work hours were decent.

Cons

There were high levels of stress.

Upper management tended to micro manage.

Good company to work for.

Former Employee - Manager in Stow, OH
    Former Employee - Manager in Stow, OH

I worked at GOJO full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits. Owners took care of hourly and salary employees equally. Many extra-curricular activities, bonuses, gifts, awards, training opportunities, etc.

Cons

Some high level managers and directors clashed, had personal agendas. Their bosses ignored the conflict.

Know what your staff is doing. Do not just look at paperwork and numbers. Become involved.

Abysmal!!!!

I worked at GOJO

Pros

Steady work...If you are ok with modern day slave labor, and not
    ever seeing your family or having weekends off. Apply here.

Cons

(Distribution center location)
    No clear direction to improve company processes displayed by management .
    7 day work weeks.
    Unwillingness to increase labor to satisfy work load.
    Very dishonest, egotistical and disrespectful managment team.
    Cliqueish environment. (Sports, and a membership to the local "unamed lounge" and blind dedication to this aweful company gets you in.)
    Temp./contract Employees are second rate citizens at this company. Cant use in house company health clinic. FORCED overtime with no holiday pay means straight time for the week on occasion.
    One of the most dedicated and intelligent members of upper management just retired after 10+ years of trying to get blood from a turnip.
    Current leadership is clueless beyond belief .

To the CEO,
    Take control of your company.
    Recruit fresh young minds who arent afraid of their own shadows and have the guts to say what needs to change to have this company double its success! This company is hemorrhaging money weekly from scrap and over production. The morale is as low as it can get.
    Start rewarding the people that are responsible for lining your pockets with cash in exchange for their lives at 7 days a week.

Lower Compensation and Impossible Change

Current Employee - Engineer in Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Engineer in Akron, OH

I have been working at GOJO full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Rather relaxed company. Good amount of employee events.

Cons

Lower than average compensation. A was hired through a recruiter and actually offered 10% less than the minimum that the recruiter told me. I don't know if that's the company or the recruiters issue, but HR didn't seem to care much about my complaint once I was hired. They're very set in their ways with processes and technology. Change is exhausting and really makes you just give up on pushing for it at times.

Be open and to and encourage change. Fix the recruitment issues.

Hard Work

Current Employee - Project Leader in Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Project Leader in Akron, OH

I have been working at GOJO full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay. Always busy. Learning curve is not to bad if you have been in a manufacturing position before.

Cons

Very hot on the production floor.

Great people to work with

I worked at GOJO

Pros

Great people, pay is excellent and benefits,

Cons

Work life can be hectic because of the hours worked,

Strategic, innovative category leadership, world-class R&D, and market expertise

I have been working at GOJO

Pros

GOJO is a market leader in its core hand hygiene products. This company takes the long-term view with investment, as a strategically-minded, privately-held firm dedicated to public health. Key R&D professionals work directly with leading global health bodies to leverage peer-reviewed science and to develop premium innovative solutions. Business leaders use insights to drive superior solutions benefiting healthcare, schools, military, food service and consumers.

The culture is highly collaborative, based on 360 thinking. While some may find this challenging, it provides whole systems thinking in support of the larger stakeholder ecosystem. Talent is highly ambitious, learning agile, results-oriented and dedicated. There is a strong team-based approach, and generally employees work as partners with less emphasis on ego. After almost 8 years, I still enjoy the combination of smart, intellectual thinking and drive for results.

Cons

As a highly entrepreneurial organization it can be hard to "do it all." Priority setting and focus on OSGM (Objectives, Strategies, Goals and Metrics) are indispensable. This can sometimes be a challenge with so many diversified markets, but the organization is deeply committed to its customers.

In addition, the learning of new systems (Salesforce.com, SAP) requires additional time on task, but GOJO is committed to continuous improvement and solving for successful outcomes for all.

Drinking from a fire hose

I have been working at GOJO full-time

Pros

GOJO is a big proponent of furthering your education- from conferences in your area of responsibility or enrolling in classes. GOJO is striving to make a name for itself in hand hygiene/infection prevention and is working with global thought leaders in this arena, and is make good strides- the projects can be very exciting.

Cons

Disparity in pay, very little coaching/mentoring, high stress environment. GOJO can take itself a little too seriously at times and take on far too many projects at a time- the work load is creating a lot of stress.

Focus on coaching management on positive coaching and mentoring techniques.

It was ok

Former Employee - Slave in Akron, OH
    Former Employee - Slave in Akron, OH

I worked at GOJO full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Its an OK place to work

Cons

The management and policies suck

Try it sometime