GRAMEEN AMERICA

Updated Apr 29, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Very challenging but very rewarding

Center Trainee Manager (Current Employee) San Juan, PR

Prosflexibility, secure payment, opportunities to grow in the company

Consat the beggingin is a little bit difficult to work with foreign people with different coultures

Advice to Senior Managementadapt to the coulture

Great mission, but disorganized and terrible management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsWonderful mission and program, achieving real results from the program on the ground. The backing and history of success, and the well-known name go a long way in establishing credibility. There is huge potential for the program to be one of the best non-profits.

ConsTerribly disorganized and badly run - this is felt throughout the company. Extremely low employee moral and extremely high turnover rate. Below-average salaries. Lack of formal training processes for employees, transparency, and check-ins with supervisors lead to inefficiencies and confusion.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to the high turn-over rate and make real changes to boost employee morale. Hire more staff so that employees are not over-worked.

Great cause

ProsAll fundraising legitimately goes towards micro-loans and operation costs.

ConsSalaries are below average for a non-profit.

Worked for GRAMEEN AMERICA? Contribute to the Community!