GRB Entertainment

Updated Jan 27, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Gary R. Benz

A great company and a great group of people to work with.

Administration (Former Employee) Sherman Oaks, CA

ProsEveryone is encouraged to get involved and share their ideas on new submissions, on going shows, talent and all aspects of making the company grow and be successful.

ConsNot hiring at this time.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep an open door policy and listen to what the culture of the office is saying to you.

intern

Intern (Former Employee) Sherman Oaks, CA

Prosgood work environment, learn a lot

Consnot hands on, not enough time

Advice to Senior Managementexplain project better

Always have some interesting projects going on.

Production (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsWorked with a great group of people it was a fun enviroment ...not lavish though.

ConsThey may not pay as well as some other companies, but it also depends on your experience.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Currently Employed and Loving it.

ProsThis Company is all about it's people. Promotions are made appropriately and many move on and get hired by the networks. GRB has a lasting reputation helping fledgling tv execs. with the experience they need to really make it in the industry. I've met some current employees who have left and come back because they like the GRB work environment.

Consnear the 405 / 101 interchange which can complicate commute, loyalty is mistaken for favoritism, workplace is judgmental, tiny parking spots, coffee is too strong

Advice to Senior ManagementMaking sure everyone feels included might ease some office tension.

Good Experience Then Move On!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Sherman Oaks, CA

ProsGRB is nice for people looking to gain experience in the entertainment industry.
    They have one flagship show that seems to carry the company.
    Small family style environment.
    Lots of company gatherings.

ConsBecause it is small a lot of your personal information can be leaked when it should not.
    Winter closure can mean your vacation time is used.
    Favoritism runs rampant, how quickly you move up and your salary is all based on who is your boss and if they appreciate you.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe CEO needs to really take reigns, you do not have people with management skills working in management positions. They need a full time in house HR to really address employee concerns. I honestly see a lawsuit in their future if certain issues with management are not addressed.

It was in internship I will never forget

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsGood company to have on resume
    Can gain all the experience & exposure needed in that industry
    Friendly employees

ConsParking was limited
    Expected to do more than my title required
    Was not easy to get reimbursed for expenses that were out of pocket, even when guaranteed I would
    Upper management was insane

Advice to Senior ManagementLay off on the red bulls, starbucks & heavy drinking and actually LISTEN to you employees & interns if you want quality within your company

GRB .... Not for me.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Sherman Oaks, CA

ProsHealth benifits are good, but a bit expensive.
    Paid holidays, quite a few per year.
    Winter break- is the best!! It's like being in school, 2 weeks off in Winter ... sometimes paid!

ConsManagement is lacking in training. Favorotism is very apparent. Management takes cedit for worker's job.
    Management does not communicate with employees.
    Management will openly complain about employee, but will not talk to the employee privately about it.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some training!! Owner needs to wake up to what is going on in his company. Perhaps a suggestion box is needed.

Worked for GRB Entertainment? Contribute to the Community!