GS6 Inc. Reviews

3.3
Roderic Sanders

1. Exciting growth opportunity for hardworkers

I have been working at GS6 Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working in a unique and fun team setting that promotes a winning attitude. Regular business hours. No seniority and promotions only occur within. Weekly office gatherings. The ability to rapidly advance based on performance.

Cons

High standards that demand consistent results.

2. Nice People-Terrible Job

Former Employee - Account Executive in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at GS6 Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone in the office is really nice. I loved my co workers and boss but hated my job.

Cons

It's a door to door sales job. You go door to door selling quill business and office supplies. They will tell you in the interview it's Public Relations or that it's an advertising position or that it's a marketing position but it's not. You make 100% commission with no base pay so if you can't close deals you won't make any money at all. And your expected to pay for your own gas. After three days of working there I put over 1000k on my car and spent over $50 in gas....most of the businesses you see will be less than thrilled to have you in their office or store & often you will get thrown out for soliciting which is so embarrassing. Also they will tell you a quill rep was just in there last week bc there is no account management being done whatsoever. They sell you on the idea of being self employed but if your self employed why do you have to show up at 800 for a meeting or your fired. Also, they will give you a recycled territory that has already been worked one to two weeks ago by another quitting sales rep. Stay away and avoid at all costs. There are so many easier and better paying sales jobs out there that actually pay you for all your efforts.

Advice to Management

Be honest with potential hires. Let them know it is door to door sale a upfront. Also, pay a base salary.

3. Horrible

Current Employee - Sales in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Sales in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at GS6 Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Helpful in teaching for those who want to start their own business, but....

Cons

Not willing to work with your situation. When I applied I was told means of transportation, however once I got there I was told I'd need a car. Not everyone has a car when they are seeking employment. The company should be willing to be flexible and work with the employee and not be misleading.

Advice to Management

If a car is needed for the position please post that, don't post that as long as you have transportation you can get the position, and fix your income postings. If it sales based say that, and don't post $13 and hr. That is horrible!

5. Be very VERY careful here! Probably going to be a very VERY short-term job.

Former Employee - Client Representative in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Client Representative in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at GS6 Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

When I worked here I love the positive atmosphere, the very friendly and helpful coworkers who were willing to help me succeed, a job that was different everyday, and a boss who is willing to hang out with you and have drinks with you. Through this job I gained much more confidence in myself, got over my fear of rejection, and learned that life is basically a numbers game. Overall, I loved what this company stood for but..........

Cons

The cons about this job are that your salary is commission based, there are no benefits, and you don't get compensated for gas driving from business to business and to and from your territory on a day to day basis. Thus, if you want a job a boring 40hr week job sitting at a desk, then you are in the wrong place. You are required to do a lot of studying and prepping in the beginning and expected to perform and produce results out in the field going door to door. If you're a person who struggles with getting out of your comfort zone, are afraid of rejection, or just overall lazy, then this is not the job for you. This is a performance based job meaning if you don't make sales you're not going to make any money at all. Also, when it came to business trips we had to pay for everything out of our pockets.

I love my job!

I have been working at GS6 Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyday when I come to work at GS6, I'm looking forward to it. Straight out of undergrad, I could not have asked for more. The fast-paced day-to-day keeps me busy, and I actually have the opportunity to learn useful skills for my career. I expected this entry-level position to be like most others where you do the grunt work and wait for an opportunity to present itself, but day one at GS6 I was being utilized and treated as a valuable member of the team.

Cons

I have to admit that I was not expecting to have as much responsibility and input as a young, new employee, but it is truly performance-based. When I out-performed other reps, I was given more responsibility and the opportunity to advance my management knowledge and skills. Conversely, if you don't give 100%, you will not have the same opportunity. Also, don't expect to settle in or stagnate because every day you have the opportunity to get promoted to a new level of leadership and responsibility. This is not the right position for someone who wants to get paid for showing up.

Awesome company culture with merit-based growth

I have been working at GS6 Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at GS6 is honestly the most fun I've had in any position I've held. The employees are really diverse and welcoming. The job is hard work, but every day is exciting and different. I've been able to become financially stable right out of college- yes, on commission.

Cons

Training requires a bit of studying and a lot of hard work. The leaders and executives have high expectations from the jump which can be stressful, but will do everything they can to help you succeed. As with any sales or marketing position, there's a steep learning curve, but once you're over the hump, you can truly seize the opportunity they offer.

Advice to Management

Keep supporting your team! We really appreciate you going above and beyond to support others' goals.

Not for Everyone

I have been working at GS6 Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-The people who work for the company are very fun and supportive of each other The President is extremely humble and seems to actually care about his employees and their success -If you do well, you will advance quickly

Cons

-They have very high expectations for even their entry-level employees. Training is only about a week long -The job is very fast-paced and hard to keep up with - You will likely work on commission because it's the best way to earn more money, but if you don't perform, you will not make good money.

Advice to Management

Keep supporting the team, but recognize that some people aren't going to pick it up right away.

I love this place

Current Employee - Human Resources in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at GS6 Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best part of my job is getting to know these people. They're some of the best guys and gals I've ever met and I'm so happy that I get to work for/with them. Everyone is here to support one another and they really care about you succeeding. I come to work knowing that all the effort I put in is getting me somewhere in my life and career. I get to travel all over the country for conferences and training-- Miami & San Antonio in the cold of winter? Yes, thank you! I feel like I'm essential to this office as it grows. I have great co-workers, great management, lots of coffee, and my own office. What more could a girl ask for? HAH!

Cons

It's hard work! Some days you just feel like you want to relax (especially Friday's, haha), but then you think about everything ahead of you and what you're doing to help the company and yourself & you get all pumped up. You play your music and get to work. I get the weekends off anyway :)

Advice to Management

Seriously keep it up! Every day you make me feel like I can achieve my goals and work to be my best. I feel appreciated and challenged every single day.

Great experience, even better people!

I have been working at GS6 Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are incredible and actually work together. Their list of clients is awesome. It's not on their website for some contract/privacy reason they said, but they work with a lot of companies I know and use, PLUS office & medical supplies & some solar energy company. Great bonuses, like concert & sports tickets, money, etc. I never thought I'd have this kind of opportunity & I'm gonna make the most of it.

Cons

It's hard work. Don't show up if you're looking to coast. It's hard what we do. A lot of people try to do what we do and they fail & that's because what we do isn't easy. The other day I heard, "It's more important to have a great life than a great year." I think of that every day. I work hard because I know it's gonna pay off.

Advice to Management

As the clients grow we need to bring on more team members to help with workloads. Like I said, I'm not afraid of work. The more people we have, the more customers we can help, the faster I can advance my career. Be sensitive to this.

Love it!

Current Employee - Account Executive in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at GS6 Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Great culture -Smart people -Huge impact for our clients -Mission driven -Really care about their employees -Opportunity for travel if you want it. I've had the chance to go to conferences/meetings in San Antonio, Chicago, Columbus (often), Baltimore, New York, Miami, a few cities in Arizona, and there are whispers that next year's big conference is going to be in Hawaii. ***fingers crossed!!!*** They pay for everything & I LOVE to visit new cities. -Offices opening overseas (London first) is happening this year, so hopefully I'll get to go international sometime here in the near future -Exciting atmosphere -Fast Paced

Cons

-Need to believe in hard work -Need to be able to adapt to change & learning new things quickly -I don't think there are any cons. -I love work and change and learning -I get up excited every day to go to work

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

RSS Feed </> Embed