GSP

Updated February 27, 2015
3.1

CEO

Great Experience.

I worked at GSP part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good pay and benefits. They show that they care for their employees. Will work with you.

Cons

The flex schedule can be difficult at times.

Family owned, stable & successful company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at GSP full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Entry level opportunities, advancement opportunities and career potential, great people. Fun company events, cool products. Feels like family.

Cons

Flex shifts are feast or famine and don't provide consistent hours or income. Makes it hard to budget. Pay isn't great and benefits are just ok.

Great Stepping Stone

I have been working at GSP full-time

Pros

Casual Work Environment, Awesome CoWorkers, decent work/life balance but tightening the reigns on that, fast-pace no down time

Cons

No room for growth, Benefits listed on paper but unaffordable, Poor corporate structure except for sales department,

Take the time to develop the structure to bring people up from within

Poor leadership, Poor working conditions, Poor management = Poor Workplace

Former Employee - Warehouse Materials in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Warehouse Materials in Clearwater, FL

I worked at GSP full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Most co workers were friendly to work with. Alot of often associate with your issues and would try to help you.

Cons

Training was lacking and botched, you're normally bounced around from department to department as workload was imbalanced. Management often brown-nosed clients wants while ignoring the fact that they were grinding their warehouse employees into the ground. You can often expect higher up management to push off their faults and mistakes onto more "disposable" employees while upper class had their picks and perks. When I attempted to complain once I had the "Florida is an open door work policy state, if you don't like it, walk right out!" story, and threatened with my job instead of actually being listened to. Even some of the supervisors said "Don't complain, you'll only get fired." One time I had the head plant manager come back to me and drill me for faults while no one else was there to support me, which really made my already 12+ hour workday even worse. Oh, speaking of workdays, you'll often for 3/4ths of the month find yourself pulling 10 - 12 hour shifts, and if you leave right after completing those hours, expect to be hounded on for "slacking". On top of these, the maintenance manager always told bull-crap each summer about how the "air conditioning just broke" before summer, and right as it got into late fall he'd say "We just fixed the air conditioning", kinda fishy huh? Of course all this overtime and lying to employees translates into cheapskate tactics. No matter how long or how hard you work there, in the end, it truly manifests into what would categorize into a "dead-end job". IF YOU VALUE YOUR PERSONAL HEALTH, STAY FAR, FAR AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!!

Consider how your employees feel , sit back in the warehouse for a good 3 - 6 hours per shift and actually analyze and take note of your worker's conditions, instead of just plopping down in an office chair. If you run your employees for 12 hour shifts for 2-3 weeks at a time, you WILL see a decrease in performance and trust , between you and them , and between each other, eventually leading into a mental stump of low performance, low tolerance workers. Know how to solve this? Fix your guidelines with your clients, make it mandatory that they submit their requests AT LEAST 30 days prior to the beginning manufacturing date. Otherwise, you can toss your "100% quality ratio" out the door, for all that will do is let your clients down. Remember, Investing in the comfort and environment of your workers, and they WILL invest hard work, and quality into your product, guaranteed.

Goods Days and Bad Days

Current Employee - Manager in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Manager in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at GSP full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Company has been growing over the past several years so there has been additional opportunities for people

Cons

Employees are not treated as partners in the company, it is very demanding with very little support and recognition. Management wrote values, but they do not live up to them, they expect the employees to, but they do not lead by example.

Act like you really care about the employees and what they have to say. Value their opinions and be more open to their feedback and suggestions.

Great colleagues, decent pay, relaxed attire, fast-paced tight deadline environment, no structure for growth

I have been working at GSP full-time

Pros

Great colleagues, decent pay, relaxed attire

Cons

fast-paced tight deadline environment, no structure for growth, pseudo benefits

Lack of communication

Former Employee - Warehouse Materials in Provo, UT
    Former Employee - Warehouse Materials in Provo, UT

I worked at GSP full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Plenty of overtime but hastily work environment

Cons

Vary unorganized, bad management, overworked under paid. Bad working conditions. Plant manager does not know what goes on it one end of building to other

Take some time to observe what really goes on in warehouse