GSTV

Updated Apr 4, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

David Leider

Be ready to work and contribute.

I worked at GSTV full-time for less than a year

ProsVery innovative, top technologies and state of the art programs, hardware and ideas. They invest in forward thinking. Leadership is extremely smart, hard working and the company is their passion. Perfect company for an entrepreneurial personality. I have the utmost respect for the employees and Leadership of GSTV.

ConsThis company isn't for everyone. There is no place to hide. Join the organization with your eyes open and understand expectations will change. You will be challenged.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Unrealistic

I have been working at GSTV full-time for more than a year

ProsFree breakfasts, snacks always around, nice people, laid back culture.

ConsPoor leadership and management. Crazy high expectations for success, but don't supply the proper tools to achieve the success. They are more focused on how they appear as a company rather than how they operate and what's best for the overall business. No way to move up the ladder.

Advice to Senior ManagementRelax, start trusting your employees. Don't expect people to dedicate their lives to the place when you don't even offer decent benefits. I'd rather have better health coverage than a free meal.

Disaster area

I worked at GSTV

ProsNice Location in downtown Birmingham, close to many restaurants and other businesses. Has the potential of growing with the right management.

ConsWalked by the office after hours and glanced in and I was amazed on how poor the offices are maintained, especially when the offices are on the street-level in downtown. This looks like a very unprofessional organization.

Advice to Senior Managementtake pride in your work environment

Joke of a company

I worked at GSTV full-time

ProsTheres always snacks..... and laid back environment.. yup thats it.

ConsPoor CEO Management, unrealistic pricing, Trap door environment in every department. One day Joe sits next to you the next day meet Jane.. Joe got fired and so on and so on

Advice to Senior ManagementSet realistic competitive pricing, local Account execs don't last 6 months, only regional account execs cause they get to pitch the companies with money, but they set the same pricing for the Mom and Pop shops the locals are supposed to score.

Great people, media, solid business, fun events

I have been working at GSTV full-time for more than a year

ProsPeople, open and casual office, good business, enjoy the work

ConsStill entrepreneurial phase and some systems and management are developing

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to develop management and leadership

In a world where media is verifiable, scalable and digitally connected GSTV barely scratches the surface

Account Manager (Former Employee)
Detroit, MI

I worked at GSTV full-time for less than a year

ProsOn a cloudy day when the screen is clean, weather is comfortable and the viewer stays put for a few minutes the advertiser's message may be delivered

ConsIf one happens upon a GSTV enabled gas station, which is unlikely, the odds of the advertiser's message having meaningful impact are equal to Lotto winning odds

Advice to Senior ManagementIf a buyer shows SELL!

Don't expect too much loyalty

I worked at GSTV full-time for more than 3 years

ProsRelaxed work environment. Jeans and open floor plan. No cubes. Free snacks and lunches bought quite often.

ConsUpper management has no loyalty to anyone in this company. They treat everyone like they are replaceable. They want you to be innovative and have an open mind, yet if you aren't a 'Yes' man don't expect much except resistance. Every year there is a speech about "this is the GSTV family" yet every year over 50% of the people in that "family" are different. If anyone from upper management catches a whiff of you looking for a new job, don't expect to be around much longer, they will fire you before you can leave or even think about leaving.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the good people that work for you. Show some loyalty and reduce turnover and maybe you will start getting some more good employees to work for you.

Sales management was clueless.

ProsNone that I know of.

ConsSales procedures and marketing change minute to minute.

Advice to Senior ManagementPrice your product correctly to reflect other local media costs.

Always on the move.

Senior Recruiter (Current Employee)
Birmingham, MI

I have been working at GSTV full-time for less than a year

ProsAs an organization we truly appreciate the thoughts and feedback of our employees- past and present. We are continually looking at ways to develop and grow as a company. This could be perceived as lack of structure- it is really our desire to continuously improve, which includes challenging the norm and always pushing to do better. We have high standards and will not settle. Employees that perform well can AND DO progress rapidly with in GSTV

ConsWe aren't perfect and are always looking as ways to improve. We do have a lot of great offerings as an organization.

Struggle with growth and developing efficient teams

I have been working at GSTV

ProsGreat location, Great company perks

ConsManagement team lacks structure. Many changes in direction of teams and responsibilities. High turnover rate, employees hired and fired quickly. Always hiring because company is always firing.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow for growth, train and grow talent from within

Worked for GSTV? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GSTV reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for GSTV CEO David Leider. All 10 reviews posted anonymously by GSTV employees.