GT Software

Updated Feb 17, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Scott Lance

Good people need the right leaders

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMost of the people working there are fun, professional, and talented. The benefits are competitive. The stocked kitchen is such a time saver for breakfast and lunch, and is great for developing relationships with coworkers with whom you would not normally come in contact with.

ConsExcessive turnover at the management level which makes for an unstable company. Regular layoffs/firings which make for an unsettled environment. The flexible and creative environment is being replaced with an 8-5 mentality.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe person at the top need to be a sales driven, technologically savvy, motivating visionary. Financial experts are needed on the management team but not alone at the top.

Moving to GT Software was a risky career move.

(Former Employee)

ProsThe benefits and salaries are great, but they come at a cost. The location is also very convenient, close to 400 and 285 in Atlanta.

ConsGT Software went through so many employees while I was working there. They fire people so quickly. Once I started with GT, I began to realize that everyone was miserable, because they were all so worried about getting fired. In one year, I watched them fire 22 people! Including upper level executives that had been with the company for 20 years+. Don't leave a steady career to embark on a new adventure with this company, it is not stable. The day I turned in my notice, was a HUGE relief for me. Also, the technology itself is for a declining market, the market share is finite, because only so many people will need to move from mainframes to cloud.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut effort into keeping quality workers, and LISTEN to your teams. They are the best tools to see where the inefficiencies occur. Eliminating inefficiencies and wasted time will return much higher profits, than constantly changing your staff.

Dying technology and a dying company

(Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGood health insurance and nice co-workers in general. Nice to have a fully stocked kitchen. Many have been at the company for decades so many old timers.

ConsFamily owned business with very old mentality. You hardly see the owners as they seldom visit and when they do, they never interact with anyone but senior management and you know that they are there to select who to fire next. There is constant turn-over and massive MASSIVE quarterly layoffs. I have seen over 20 people get fired in the last 6 months but it was not due to their performance entirely because some of them were true professionals. The lack of product pipeline and lack of strategy in general has to affect everyone- company is always in an "inertia" mode and always "recovering" from their massive layoffs which are now typical and treated casually. Good talent has left long ago because of how the company operates and treats its employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider selling - this place has no leaders or passion for the product. Those that are left here are only here until a better job comes along, it's exhausting to anxiously wait to each end of quarter to see if you will be laid off next.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A poorly run family business

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsNice benefits and 401k, nice co-workers (non management). Positive recurring maintenance income provides financial stability. Not demanding in terms of deliverables, you don't have to achieve much to meet the norm.

ConsWeak management, lacks vision and leadership. Terminations are done without warning to keep the workforce in constant state of fear. No product roadmap or product vision. No company meetings with conversation, more of a dictatorship style. No appreciation of the talent in the workforce, they view people as objects, not assets.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate more, allow people to ask questions without retribution. Do annual performance reviews. Create a fun environment. Tell people your vision.

GT Software Review

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsFamily environment
    Great technology with strong engineering team
    Flexible schedule/hours
    Solid benefit package for small company

ConsLack of advancement potential
    Disfunctional leadership team
    Very political
    Mature/Declining software market - lack of a solid go-forward strategy

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to delegate and leverage the talent base in the company. Work on improving information flow, and stopping the negative vibe that has permeated the employee base.

Lead by example rather than fear.

Worked for GT Software? Contribute to the Community!