GTM Sportswear Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.8
David Dreiling

Pros
  • IPad, Cell Phone, Laptop which is what you get with most outside sales jobs (in 2 reviews)

• On-site health clinic, Great friends (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Plus, I was paid less than the full-time staff, even though they only had a high school degree (in 3 reviews)

• The expansion in the outside sales force was much too rapid and too many reps were added (in 3 reviews)

1. Outside Sales

Former Employee - Sales in Manhattan, KS
    Former Employee - Sales in Manhattan, KS

I worked at GTM Sportswear part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people and team mates are some of the finest people you will work with and are fun

Cons

Pay is low and expectations are very high. A company owned by one man.

Advice to Management

some ideas and strategies take time to fully excecute

2. Great starting job

I have been working at GTM Sportswear full-time

Pros

Great opportunity to dip your toes into a more company setting. Casual clothing every day of the week is awesome.

Cons

Company has been through some hard times, communication between departments is an issue. Not everyone is on the same page.

Advice to Management

#communication is your biggest priority, also making sure that the employees who have shown their loyalty are rewarded for it.

Very Negative outlook

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Wamego, KS
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Wamego, KS

I worked at GTM Sportswear full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free health clinic on site. Relaxed dress code. Awesome co-workers. Good Values.

Cons

No sense of job security. No work/life balance. Upper management has a lot of closed door meetings. At one point we were on hold with vendors because we couldn't pay them, but management told us we were on "back order" with these vendors. A lot of great reps have left because they are unsure about their job outlook even when you're on top. No communication between sales and production on both ends. Unrealistic goals and bonus program. No consistency.

Advice to Management

Be true to your word you give your employees. Be open and honest about things that go on inside the company so we gain your trust back. You can "lick your wounds" and "be on the rebound" like managers have written these crappy reviews, but you aren't anything with a high turnover rate.

Designer

Pros

Flexible, great place to learn, the people are the best

Cons

miscommunication, favoritism and sexism, limited advancement opportunities

Advice to Management

reward your stars and stop coddling underachievers

6. Good Place to learn

Former Employee - Front-End Software Developer in Manhattan, KS
    Former Employee - Front-End Software Developer in Manhattan, KS

I worked at GTM Sportswear (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked for short time at GTM but learnt a lot. People I worked with were very friendly and helpful

Cons

Area is very remote and far

Strong Rebound

Pros

Mending some wounds, owner has made some big moves to advance the company. Rising stock, rising capital, and rising stars. Good place again, and a fresh new outlook. Been there years and years, and years, doesn't look to be going away anytime soon.

Cons

Who doesn't take a beating and get back into the ring? GTM does, and remains the heavyweight champion!

Advice to Management

Going strong, getting stronger. Great job in a tough round of hits, bruises, and below the belt sucker punches. Keep on fighting, determination and dedication have won the battle!

You will hate your life. I promise

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manhattan, KS
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manhattan, KS

I worked at GTM Sportswear (More than 5 years)

Pros

Zero. Zlitch. Nada. None. Lack of all things positive!

Cons

Most employees will be hired on to the production floor and the management of said floor is hurrendous! Talking down to you, rolling their eyes when having a conversation, complete and utter favortisim. And a whole load of other wonderful things. Trust me this company is a sinking ship that you do not want to go down with. Stay far far away. And if you do work here, don't open your mouth or have opinions.

Advice to Management

Fire everyone in management and start over. Production management is awful and should never have been put in charge of people!

Licking it's wounds, but still a great place to work.

Current Employee - Customer Experience Representative in Manhattan, KS
    Current Employee - Customer Experience Representative in Manhattan, KS

I have been working at GTM Sportswear full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Humble people who own that 2014 was awful. They were honest when hiring me that they are on the rebound, but it was a hard bounce. Constant coaching and advancement opportunities. They don't have the lowest prices, so they know that service has to be awesome. Most of the managers and supervisors worked their way up, they've earned my respect. Free Genesis Membership. Discounts at Coco Bolos, Cox Brothers, Powercat Grill, Firestone, Freddy's and other places around town. Free on site Health Clinic for immediate family.

Cons

Needs a PR makeover. Lots of customers are having a hard time trusting us after last year's fall. Software is kinda glitchy, but improving. Still more reliable than some retailers. They seem to hire cute young blondes...and it's mostly done over the phone.

Advice to Management

Challenge your employees. Help us set reasonable goals, and push us to attain them. Keep up the Shout Out program

Potential

I worked at GTM Sportswear full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast paced, mostly great people, good benefits

Cons

Management doesn't have a clear vision, lack of trust in the leadership, trying to do too much too fast, not always honest about company status with employees

Advice to Management

Be honest. Treat your employees with respect. Give them what they deserve for the years of service.

Great, if you are in Manhattan

Former Employee - Sales in Olathe, KS
    Former Employee - Sales in Olathe, KS

I worked at GTM Sportswear full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company is becoming more and more innovative with their uniforms and decoration options. They are very price competitive and a pretty laid back atmosphere.

Cons

If you are not from Manhattan, went to school from Manhattan or work in their corporate office, you are not fully considered on certain situations. I looked at it as a fraternity because there would be times where people only on the inside came first instead of listening to other on the outside. If you had the connection, you got the job, even if you weren't fully qualified.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees who are out in the field.

RSS Feed </> Embed