GTM Sportswear Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.9
David Dreiling

Pros
  • IPad, Cell Phone, Laptop which is what you get with most outside sales jobs (in 2 reviews)

• On-site health clinic, Great friends (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Plus, I was paid less than the full-time staff, even though they only had a high school degree (in 3 reviews)

• The expansion in the outside sales force was much too rapid and too many reps were added (in 3 reviews)

1. Awesome Atmosphere

Former Employee - Embroidery Machine Operator in Manhattan, KS
    Former Employee - Embroidery Machine Operator in Manhattan, KS

I worked at GTM Sportswear full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very friendly people Great atmosphere Good benefits Treats employees fairly

Cons

Gets a little hectic around September-November

Advice to Management

3xn4

2. Good place to work.

Current Employee - Machine Operator in Manhattan, KS
    Current Employee - Machine Operator in Manhattan, KS

I have been working at GTM Sportswear full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Overall, I think very highly of GTM. It's a pretty friendly environment. Easy place to work, nice people, the work is not difficult by any means.

Cons

Not exactly a long term position. Great for college students. Moving up in the company isn't easy, especially when they have already determined your place in the company.

3. It isn't for everyone, but 25 years and almost 1000 employees doesn't happen by accident.

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Manhattan, KS
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Manhattan, KS

I have been working at GTM Sportswear full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Fast paced and fun environment for people that are fast paced and fun. Free medical clinic for employees, and spouses and children. Employee scholarship program. Awesome medical coverage, 401k matching, paid vacation. Employee emergency assistance fund. I work with great friends.

Cons

Management had growing pains, made some wrong moves with good intentions regarding personnel and inventory that were magnified by the recession and changes in the market. Entry level positions have entry level pay, but some people don't include the cost of their benefits. High turnover rate of external executives and sales reps has been an issue.

Advice to Management

Welcome back Dave!

Great Place to Work!

I have been working at GTM Sportswear full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits and pay! Excellent opportunities for growth! Many of my co-workers have been promoted from entry level jobs which is encouraging to see. Team members are willing to go the extra mile to help one another which makes coming to work enjoyable! Most of the managers and supervisors that I work with are friendly, you can tell they Care!

Cons

Because of the seasonality of our work, many of the operational positions are temporary. Although most of the seasonal workers are retained at the end of the season, its sad to see some go.

GTM provides so many opportunities, never a dull moment!

I have been working at GTM Sportswear full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company is continuously looking for ways to be and do better, and employees are able to give ideas and take part in implementing new ideas, process, and projects. There are several ways we are able to express our ideas, and with so many helpful and just as eager people in other departments it makes it fun to try something new. The opportunities for growth are endless provided you go get them! I also appreciate the free on site health clinic and free gym membership.

Cons

The new and updated software system has been a little tough to get used to, but we are starting to see how it will give us better results and reporting, and the possibilities to do more later down the road.

Advice to Management

We know you all care about us and the company, thank you for everything you do to help.

Embroidery Artist

Former Employee - Embroidery Artist in Manhattan, KS
    Former Employee - Embroidery Artist in Manhattan, KS

I worked at GTM Sportswear full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fair pay, great benefits - health care, profit sharing, 401k plan, free membership at local gym and discounts at some local restaurants.

Cons

Super fast past during busy season and a lot of seasonal workers coming and going. First shift starts a little early, at 7am but you get off at 3pm so that's nice.

Fast Pace Work Environment

I have been working at GTM Sportswear full-time

Pros

We like to GET THINGS DONE around GTM! There is always something to do or someone who needs help! I like to stay busy and feel like I accomplish something at work each day and I definitely get that feeling here. If I have questions about something I'm working on, I can go to a coworker or my supervisor and they will help me out!

Cons

Sometimes I have to work overtime to get some of my tasks accomplished because there are not enough hours in the day.

Licking it's wounds, but still a great place to work.

Current Employee - Customer Experience Representative in Manhattan, KS
    Current Employee - Customer Experience Representative in Manhattan, KS

I have been working at GTM Sportswear full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Humble people who own that 2014 was awful. They were honest when hiring me that they are on the rebound, but it was a hard bounce. Constant coaching and advancement opportunities. They don't have the lowest prices, so they know that service has to be awesome. Most of the managers and supervisors worked their way up, they've earned my respect. Free Genesis Membership. Discounts at Coco Bolos, Cox Brothers, Powercat Grill, Firestone, Freddy's and other places around town. Free on site Health Clinic for immediate family.

Cons

Needs a PR makeover. Lots of customers are having a hard time trusting us after last year's fall. Software is kinda glitchy, but improving. Still more reliable than some retailers. They seem to hire cute young blondes...and it's mostly done over the phone.

Advice to Management

Challenge your employees. Help us set reasonable goals, and push us to attain them. Keep up the Shout Out program

Strong Rebound

I have been working at GTM Sportswear

Pros

Mending some wounds, owner has made some big moves to advance the company. Rising stock, rising capital, and rising stars. Good place again, and a fresh new outlook. Been there years and years, and years, doesn't look to be going away anytime soon.

Cons

Who doesn't take a beating and get back into the ring? GTM does, and remains the heavyweight champion!

Advice to Management

Going strong, getting stronger. Great job in a tough round of hits, bruises, and below the belt sucker punches. Keep on fighting, determination and dedication have won the battle!

11. Fantastic Place to work

Current Employee - Applications Developer
    Current Employee - Applications Developer

I have been working at GTM Sportswear

Pros

100% job satisfaction Every one is cool

Cons

None Should work in office Not full time

RSS Feed </> Embed