GTRI

Be The First To
Add Photos

GTRI CEO Greg C. Byles

Greg C. Byles

Vision is right, slow down and let great people do great things.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsAn organization with the right goals and visions in mind that wants to do great things.

ConsThey struggle to find the shortest or best way at times even though the heart of ownership is in the right place.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay true to your vision you started the company with, ignore the financial only view and focus on the vision. Strong internal development, culture focused growth, and customer first will continue to pay dividends if you give it time to happen.

This Company Has Lost Its Way....

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVery convenient Denver location, with quick access to I25, public transportation and a wide variety of urban amenities. Reasonably good benefits. Nice HQ building.

ConsDysfunctional Executive Team -- Consistently (and, often, vindictively....) blames everyone but themselves for the problems of the company. As business has deteriorated, the company has increasingly become an unpleasant place to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe Executive Team's management problems of this company are pretty much "personality driven".....how does one provide advice about that?

Okay

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFun atmosphere, nice building, easy location

ConsManagement practices and room for advancement

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good people with Poor COO and company vision

Account Executive (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsThe people who work there are good decent helpful individuals.

ConsThe Management outlook and strategy is old and based on old business practices. Not one minority in this technology company. The COO is floundering. He doesn't have a clue as to how to grow the company. The owners have given him the go-ahead to form the company. Earning 8% on all Gross Profit is the weakest in the industry. They want to be hard-nosed with little care about the workforce and their families. Many people have been let go over the last year.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare more about your employees and their well being. Grow through putting the customer first. Let the pressure come from the customer base instead of the management team.

One of the best places I've ever worked!!

Director (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsGreat work life balance, responsibility is given often, change is happening as the company is growing to meet demands of clients and looking for people to join and be creative. Hiring and adding new staff and investing in the business at a time when others are down sizing.

ConsChange can be tough on people, it's not for everyone but leadership wants the company to grow and that takes everyone to be introspective and decide if they what to be apart of the change to make the place a better company.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay focused on people, clients and profits to build the culture that will allow the goals to be met.

Not What It Used To Be

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAbility to learn many different technologies an hands on lab available.

ConsGTRI used to be a great place to work. After a failed merger and IPO, GTRI decided to place new management in key positions. Nepotism and bullying have abounded as a result. False promises of career growth and lies about reasons for promoting employees to higher management positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhy do you not care about the company anymore?

Cannot Recommend

(Former Employee)

ProsThe general people are friendly and fun to work with. There are often little events held that the employees can participate in. There is also a casual sense in the word place.

ConsThe new management is awful and not completely honest or direct. If you are not on their side on any topic don't expect to keep your job. Nearly all of the internal IT group and programming group were put in a situation that either led to their own departure or resulted in a lay off. The 2 departments are now nearly completely outsourced. In addition, salary was far below than other companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementShape up or ship out

Fantastic People + Amazing Culture + Exciting Projects = Great Place to Work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsGet to work with some of the sharpest tech minds out there
    Access to all the latest/greatest trainings from technology partners (Cisco, VMware, EMC, etc)
    People and culture are top notch
    Small company feel with big company certifications

ConsChange is a constant - not necessarily bad, but not for everyone
    Professional services practice areas run very lean on resources
    Limited direction
    No formal "career pathing"

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to be as transparent as possible
    Make more appearances at some of the internal events

Horrible Experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe average employee is very friendly.

ConsTurnover is very high. Management tends to be intolerant, combative and disrespectful. They claim to care about their employees, I did not find this to be true.

Terrific Growing company that was started from scratch in 1998

Sales (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsCulture, Cares about employee experience, cares about customers

ConsTrying to evolve from a VAR to a Solutions Integrator and not all the correct steps have been taken to achieve this.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on Elite Professional Services that will differientiate us from the competition. .

Worked for GTRI? Contribute to the Community!