GVTC

Add Photos

Ritchie Sorrells

NOC Manager

NOC Manager (Former Employee) New Braunfels, TX

ProsGreat Company to work for.

ConsIn the middle of nowhere

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!

Grunt/Slave (Former Employee) New Braunfels, TX

Prospeople that you meet there... but even that it is not worth staying there.

ConsThe commission "system" if severely flawed and the "checks & balances" or lack there of has no education whatsoever. For years the company wants "you" to believe that you should be lucky to just have a job... no career growth and if you don't know the "good ole boys" you will not even be considered for a lateral move

Advice to Senior Managementget some management staff and have the CEO find out what truly is happening

Good Ole Boy Company

Grunt (Current Employee) New Braunfels, TX

Prosfamily atmosphere and decent benefits

ConsNO ROOM FOR ADVANCEMENT & DATED TECHNOLOGY

Advice to Senior Managementget together to stimulate and motivate your core which are your employees

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Stable company, but no room for advancement

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New Braunfels, TX

ProsStable. Good if you're complacent and not looking to advance. San Antonio is expanding into the GVTC service area. Fiber optic cable allows faster broadband speeds.

ConsNo room for advancement - company hires externally before promote internally
    Don't listen to employees - all decisions are made my upper management without any input.
    Good ole boy network - it's often who you know, not what you know
    No diversity -

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your employees, listen to their ideas
    Believe employees can advance their career.
    Communication
    Don't hide behind industry buzzwords. Walk the talk.

GVTC is a Great place to work.

I & R Tech (Current Employee) New Braunfels, TX

ProsGreat benefits 401K, Eye, Dental and Health Insurance very affordable
    Leading edge of Technology
    Yearly Bonus
    Great group of people to work with.

ConsAdvancement leaves alot to be desired.
    Communication between departments is next to none no one seems to know what changes have been made till after its done.
    Repairs that needs to be done take too long and when you find out they have been done it may be weeks later or never.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring all departments into a single unit and allow everyone to communicate with each other on how the repair projects are going. The CSR's. The I &R Techs. The Engineer Dept. The C O Dept. And The NOC Dept. all need to be in communication together on all projects. We need to get these projects completed in a timely manner to Retain our Customer Accounts so that when we are selling new accounts the company grows instead of staying around the same Number of subscribers year after year.

A Good Old Boy Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat hours, decent pay, decent benefits, etc.

ConsNo room for advancement.....the position you're hired into will be the only position you have there.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate, communicate, communicate.....and trim some of the upper management "fat".

Not a company if you have integrity and pride in what you do.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)

ProsSmall company, a break from Corporate USA. Comprehensive medical plan, somewhat competitive. Strong infrastructure and company owned facilities are an asset.

ConsSmall town company's often employee small minded employees thus retarding growth potential and the ability to remain competitive. The integrity of the company is damaged and subscribership is limited to monopoly and no customer choice. The archaic management style and the lack of leadership insight will continue to choke any possibilities to continue as a provider. As the competition continues to move into this territory, customer bases will continue to decrease.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployee diversity and embrace it. Learn from your competitors and place more emphasis on your CHANGE. Value your customers and step up your game in providing customer service. Upper management should be more engaged in daily operations and results.

Great place to work

I & R Tech (Former Employee)

Prosbenefits and ease of time off requests

Constoo much work for some

Advice to Senior Managementrecognize good employees

Good place to work

I & R Tech (Former Employee)

ProsGood pay, good benefits nice work locations

Consalot of work for good tech's, if your a good employee you carry the load of the bad ones

Advice to Senior ManagementMake employees responsible for their own work and give preference to the employees that get the job done and know their job

Worked for GVTC? Contribute to the Community!