GXS

Be The First To
Add Photos

GXS President and CEO Bob Segert

Bob Segert

Pros
  • With work-life balance (for a developer like me)(in 10 reviews)

• Flexible work at office or work from home ability(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management focuses too much on sales growth and not enough on service quality(in 9 reviews)

• The work environment is not much innovative(in 5 reviews)

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good B2B Platform

Business Analyst (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsGreat people to work with - that's a 5 for the Austin, Tx office. I believe they finally made it to a smoother, 100% agile process, which is a wonderful thing indeed.

The platform is extremely versatile, so many business engagements can be solved.

ConsThe company was not 100% agile/scrum at first, so a lot of product management was a cluster.

Advice to Senior ManagementDuring a takeover, give a clear plan on who's staying and how you care about their career. I almost stayed, but the plans were just too murky for me.

Good place to get experience but to necessarily move ahead

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsThe people in my office were very amiable. The local office culture was very relaxed but professional and productive. When left alone our office was able to function well, with very little defects, and high productivity. My boss also allowed me to be as innovative as possible given our requirements.

ConsAfter the acquisition by GXS, conditions slowly degraded as process after process was added to us, which caused additional stress (as there were many arbitrary approvals that had to be completed) and numerous issues when it comes to quick response to customer requests. Also, there seemed to be a lack of respect for resources, as issues were allowed to snowball unnecessarily and waste people's time even if it was an issue that was not their responsibility. Finally, the upper management doesn't know the complexities and capabilities of their own acquired products.

Advice to Senior ManagementApplying additional processes across the board are not a way to improve reliability if it's not appropriate to the product. In fact, it slows down productivity and causes additional points of failure if it's not need. Additionally, time should be taken to get to know the in's and out's of a product before making major decisions. Some products were under-utilized and many functionalities were redundantly built despite it already existing in other products.

Worked for GXS? Contribute to the Community!