GXS

Be The First To
Add Photos

GXS President and CEO Bob Segert

Bob Segert

Pros:
  • "With work-life balance (for a developer like me)"
    in 10 reviews
  • "Flexible work at office or work from home ability"
    in 7 reviews
Cons:
  • "Senior management focuses too much on sales growth and not enough on service quality"
    in 9 reviews
  • "The work environment is not much innovative"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great company that had great people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBetter than average Salary, great benefits including low deductible health and a very cheap high deductible plan - dental - life - flexible work hours - vision - etc, great people and well thought out processes were some of the better points of the old GXS company.

ConsLack of funds for growth. Too late. We have nothing else to say about the cons for this company.

Pretty standard tech company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsA lot of smart leaders who were brought up under the GE regime in the 1980's and 1990's. Declining but mostly adequate compensation and benefits.

ConsNo attention has been paid to leadership development in the interceding decade. Leaders are simply those who have excelled as individual contributors without any specific aptitude generating influence. Company struggles with its US driven global policies leading to regional resentment. Many processes are in place without regard for whether they are efficient. Leaders below VP level rarely have any authority to act.

Stressful, but good pay

ProsAbove avg salaries. Good benefits.

ConsMany nights and weekends expected. Constantly changing priorities.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Job to get you started

Intern (Current Employee)
    Brook Park, OH

ProsGood pay, nice break room, nice personalities

Conscant think of any cons

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the good work.

They try hard .... right hand doesn't know what the left is doing.

Cleveland, OH

ProsBenefits were good .... appeared to be in line with most corporations their size. Have hired many good people.

ConsFighting fires is the m.o. - instead of resolution. Old systems aren't being replaced fast enough to keep up with the growth of the business. Too much politics. New talented people come in with new ideas; don't get the recognition needed and often leave. Lack of training.

Advice to Senior ManagementMiddle management doesn't communicate to upper management or upper management doesn't listen. There appears to be a lack of communication throughout the corporation.
    Work on more of a work/life balance.

Good for career shift

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCompetitive benefits. Company has good working environment and value employee's comfort. Units and/or working machines are innovative. With work-life balance (for a developer like me). And considers vacation leaves. Training are competitive and good for starters.

Consonly reason for leaving is it is not competitive for the salary. have worked for more than 3 years and i only have a salary of a graduate. thus, benefits are excellent! :)

Meh, not somewhere I want to be for a long time

Lead Software Developer (Current Employee)
    Alpharetta, GA

ProsDecent pay and benefits. Casual dress. Flexible hours.

ConsToo much on-call. Too much bureaucracy. Disorganization. Not much training. They "talk" about making things better sometimes, but never follow through with anything. Spend WAY TOO MUCH TIME supporting a bunch of environments, and not enough time coding. Feel like skills are getting stale. No recognition. Sometimes condescending attitude from managers.

Self-centered non-team players

Gaithersburg, MD

ProsPeople are friendly to your face, the headquarters location is nice, pay and benefits are okay

ConsPeople are very self-centered and out for themselves and not the best for the team/company. People lie and make up a lot of stories to better themselves. Integrity of people is lacking. Management lacks personal skills and HR skills.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest and open with employees.

Horrible management, great product & service, extremely poor implementation and support!

Sales (Former Employee)

ProsDecent scalar only if you have been there for years, if not they will screw you as much as they can. Zero work-life balance. They preach being a family value company but that's NOT true at all. It is all about the money with them. ZERO consideration for their customers.

ConsEVERYTHING is a challenge. No training. They have A LOT processes yet none of them work because of poor execution. I never worked in a company that I heard "it is to my job" or "you have to follow the process" yet, again the process doesn't work because it loops around with out execution since there was no training, no thinking or enforcement the right way to begin with.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop thinking that you are the best and the biggest because you ARE NOT. You are not an IBM, Oracle, SAP, etc. YOU are a middle size company. Upper management arrogance will and is killing you!!!! Competitors will kill you because they can: your support is horrible. It is just a matter of time for Open Text to realize how much GXS processes doesn't work and truthfully I hope they find out sooner rather than latter and fired all of the old "GXS management" because they're the root cause.

Good Company

Business Analyst (Former Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsThe environment is very collaborative. It is a growing company with customers in the Fortune 500. They are profitable. There is opportunity for light travel.

ConsThe workforce spans the globe so some of the meetings are held at inconvenient times. There may not be sufficient face time with customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementGXS was recently bought out by OpenText. They are in similar lines of business. Management should carefully consider which resources work with which customers.

Worked for GXS? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GXS reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for GXS CEO Bob Segert. All 104 reviews posted anonymously by GXS employees.