Gables Residential Reviews

Reset
3.6
Gables Residential President & CEO Susan Ansel
Susan Ansel

Pros
  • Great Training, team building, competitive salary (in 8 reviews)

• There is a lot of great people you will meet and become friends with through company events and training classes (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Lower pay scale than average, takes a while to get a response from upper management, very delayed (in 7 reviews)

• Low pay, can be really low when you have no traffic to get leases from (in 3 reviews)

1. Love this place!

Current Employee - Leasing Professional in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Leasing Professional in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Gables Residential full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really do think these are some of the best people I've ever worked with. I wasn't sure how much I would like the job at first, I was going to have this as a temporary job until I found something else, but I have grown to love it!

Cons

I do think that the pay is a little bit low, definitely not enough to support me for long. I have been working here for a year now with no raise, that is my only complaint, as I feel I have earned one.

2. Great start

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Gables Residential full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Previously the training was really good to new individuals in the industry. Standards are set makes it easy to transfer to other properties. Very organized

Cons

Hard to get promoted. Very political it doesn't matter how many awards you win its all about who you know

Advice to Management

Losing lots of great seasoned employees due to politics

3. Property Manager

Former Employee - Property Manager
    Former Employee - Property Manager

I worked at Gables Residential full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Large national well branded company Competitive pay Great training Great CapEx team

Cons

Poor support from regional supervisors Poor support from executive leadership

Advice to Management

Survey staff to ensure they are receiving the bet possible support at the site level

5. Amazing Place to Work!!!

I have been working at Gables Residential full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company culture is second to none. Great benefits, Collaborative management style solicits employee input, especially regarding major decisions. At the forefront of technology and cares about what you think. Lots of smart people throughout the firm. Wins lots of awards. Great training classes and online video library which is used to communicate

Cons

Company's slow growth makes it hard to move up. Many managers have long tenure and aren't going anywhere. Lots of opportunities to learn new skills, if you're open to it. Also, collaborative approach to decision making makes some decisions take too long.

Advice to Management

Grow the company. Keep valuing your associates since they set Gables apart as both a great place to live as well as a great place to work.

6. Good

Former Employee - Leasing Professional
    Former Employee - Leasing Professional

I worked at Gables Residential full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Values employees Money for uniforms Good commissions

Cons

Everything has to go through corporate Monthly shops

7. Great place to start in property management

Pros

Detailed in training structure for employees.

Cons

Turnover due to need for career advancement.

8. Great company culture

Pros

It's a great company that cares about their customers and employees.

Cons

The only con is there should be higher employer paid benefits.

9. Amazing Benefits and Great Job, hard to advance due to no one leaving the company

Former Employee - Leasing Manager
    Former Employee - Leasing Manager

I worked at Gables Residential full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing benefits including a 6 week sabatical after 10 years, great health and life insurance. Great pay and bonuses. Training is good. Vacation is average but increases with tenure. Great company culture; company events several times a year including a community service event where you get paid to help the needy. Great company for diversity too.

Cons

It is such a great company that no one leaves. In my opinion, the company is not growing as much or as fast as other companies in the same industry. This leaves little room for advancement, especially if you are located on site.

Advice to Management

Invest in growing the company and gaining more properties in all areas of the United States. Gables seems to focus growth only in certain markets such as South Florida and Atlanta, and is still not a lot of growth. I would recommend hiring someone or creating a department that focuses only on acquiring assets.

10. Just a means to pay my bills

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Gables Residential full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to lease an apartment. It's fairly easy. Work environment was nice when it wasn't so filled within gossip and drama.

Cons

Low pay considering all of the things required. Gable's Day is a joke! Having to pretend like you enjoy manually labor and being on teams with people you don't like.

Advice to Management

Treat people the way you want to be treated.

11. A good company to start a career if you are younger or switching careers.

Current Employee - Leasing Specialist
    Current Employee - Leasing Specialist

Pros

Yearly award shows where teams and individuals are given cash prizes. Honest dedication to customer satisfaction. The company really does want it's residents to be happy. An additional Six weeks paid vacation at the ten year and each following five years. Lots of training either in class out online. The ability the advance to management or corporate if you want and are willing to put in just a little more effort.

Cons

The leasing industry is just that. The focus is to rent apartments, so if you are not into sales then this isn't the job for you. They do a good job of meeting residents maintenance requests and handling issues, but if you're trying to make the world a better place....don't go into sales. The hours...Most communities close at six. It sucks getting home around 630 or 7

Advice to Management

The initial base salaries of your employees is decent, but rise beyond just what the industry is doing. The Gables mission of "Taking care of the way people live" is innovative, but its focus on the bottom line like makes it like every other property management company. Increase your base pay by $5 an hour. Most leasing professionals in the industry start around $14. If Gables wants to be true to its values then increase your salary and staffing.

RSS Feed </> Embed