Gaco Western

Peter Davis

Like family

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Pros

It was obvious even when I first interviewed that the CEO and other Executives truly care about the employees on every level. The CEO considers it a privilege to serve us! How often do you hear that?! Talking to numerous other employees, I heard time and time again that they genuinely feel like they are part of a family and they feel lucky/blessed to work here. There's a feeling of contentment. I think it says a lot that we've retained so many employees despite an office moved several years ago. It added a lot to their commute time, yet they feel the company's worth it. One employee just celebrated 30 years here and she's not the only one with 20-25+ years at Gaco! The company invests in fostering relationships - whether it be at big Sales Meetings where even the significant others are celebrated or down to the smaller touches like a call on your start date and hand-written notes on your birthday from the CEO.

Cons

Seriously, I can't think of anything at this point.

My experience with Gaco Western was exhausting. Travel time sometimes could be two hours.

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Seattle, WA

Pros

Very difficult CEO to satisfy. This position required 24/7 availability.

Cons

Trying to satisfy a very difficult CEO who travelled 90% of the time.

Growing company with great people

Current Employee - Production Engineer  in  Waukesha, WI
    Current Employee - Production Engineer in Waukesha, WI

Pros

I enjoy the team that I work with. Everyone is trying their best for the good of the company and not just looking out for themselves. The company is growing and changing, which is an exciting place to be.

Cons

A growing company has growing pains, such as spreading learnings and best practices. Gaco is trying hard to grow the company the right way.

Keep focusing on the fundamentals of business and manufacturing to ensure that we grow the right way.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Gaco Western is a well run company that produces the highest quality product and takes care of its employees.

Current Employee - Office Manager  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Seattle, WA

Pros

The best thing about working here is that the company values your imagination and creative skills. Gaco pays well and has a creative award system. It is a company that is run by a leadership team that regularly reviews every aspect of the health and operation of the company. Prior to Gaco, I was a contractor that saw behind the doors in a few companies, coast to coast - what Gaco does is uncommon and the result is a healthier, happier company on paper and for its people.

Cons

The only con I can think of would be for someone that lacks motivation. If you lack motivation, then you are not likely to do as well....but that applies anywhere, doesn't it?

The Executive level employees avail themselves to the employees. Not having that glass wall helps the exec staff maintain a realistic pulse on what happens day to day. The CEO is devoted to circulating among the employees and clients - more so than I have seen in any other company. The result is that I feel like an important member of the Gaco family. Gaco is growing, and the only advice I would have for the management would be to keep doing what they are doing. even though it may be a challenge as the company grows.

A great place to work!

Pros

People here really care about doing a good job and about our customers. I have great co-workers who are fun to work with. Good and broad level of benefits. Enjoy the Wellness benefit! Our Core Values are in the forefront. My salary is competitive and the bonuses are good.

Cons

At times there seems to be a lot of meetings. Our company is getting bigger every year so there is always a lot on my place. It keeps me challenged.

I just celebrated my 1 year anniversery with Gaco Western and my experience has been even better than I had anticipated.

Current Employee - Field Service Technician
    Current Employee - Field Service Technician

Pros

Every encounter I have had with my fellow employees, including my introduction with the owner Peter Davis, has been great. Everyone I has been helpful, supportive, and welcoming. Though we are a rapidly growing company it still has a bit of a small company feel which is a huge plus for me, having worked for a large corporation. I feel like my oppurtunities here are unlimited. Becoming a member of the Gaco team is truly one of the best career moves I have made.

Cons

My compensation plan is very adequate for my postion and my tenure with Gaco Western, however one thing I would like to see is possibly an upgrade in our health care plan. Not terrible, but a little high.

For the most part I think upper management is somewhat receptive to new ideas, however we have a wealth of talent in all areas of our company and I hear several great ideas in the field that I think should get the attention of some of the decision makers.

A really good place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Waukesha, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

Pros

Feel supported and valued. Challenging work in a fast paced environment. The company cared when I had a challenging personal situation and for that I am very loyal. Good benefits. Enjoy working with my co-workers and feel respected by my manager. The company has grown in a tough economy. It feels great to work for a successful company

Cons

There are some recognitions programs but I would like to see more. Would like to see more career paths created.

Ethics & Integrity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Pros

Gaco exemplifies their core values - they treat people with dignity and respect, they take the time to listen to their employees and empower them to do the right thing. The ethics and integrity under which they operate is not just fluff, it is practiced every day.

Cons

The challenge of having such a great core team is scaling - it's hard to grow when the bar is set so high!

Solid company; great products

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Waukesha, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

Pros

Been around since 1955; steady growth and great products; strong sales and support; good company Core Values.

Cons

Having the corporate office in Seattle WA and the manufacturing / R&D facility in Milwaukee WI has it's challenges, but overall this company does it right. I have worked for a lot worse companies, that's for sure.

Don't forget that non-management employees are just as important as management; if they're happy, customers will be too. If they're not, either will customers. Good managers are the key to any successful company.

Stay away

Pros

Good staff mostly ...training is good..... Benefits are good...

Cons

Wow! I did not know this type of ethic still exists. Resting on the laurels of those that came before will not maintain a strong future.

Worked for Gaco Western? Contribute to the Community!