Gaco Western Reviews

3.9
Peter Davis

1. Refreshing

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Gaco Western full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great location, great group dynamic and team effort. Amazing tenure of employees and management open to suggestions.

Cons

Don't have anything to say here.

Advice to Management

Thank you, your core values shine through.

2. Enjoying My Job!

I have been working at Gaco Western full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I came here over two years ago and have really enjoyed the people I work with and the work I do. I feel challenged and supported by my boss. I appreciate the benefits and especially the wellness reimbursements. I came from a company that really didn't care about their employees and I do feel like they care here.

Cons

We work at a fast pace but that is a part of a company who continues to grow.

Advice to Management

Feel confidant that your employees really care about our customers.

Could be a good company - need to deal with growing pains

I worked at Gaco Western full-time

Pros

This is a family owned business and very personal to the CEO. My experience was that the CEO expressed genuine care and concern for every employee in the organization. Innovative product development and a strong market have led to high growth in recent years.

Cons

Growth is a difficult thing for a small company to manage. Management has to be prepared to continually evaluate processes, procedures and communications to make sure the organization can scale in an integrated and efficient manner. I don't see that here - classic 'silo' organization in many respects.

Advice to Management

Executive leadership team needs to get on the same page strategically. Then, departments need to execute plans to achieve the common goals of the organization - not just focus on their individual goals.

Good things come to an end

I worked at Gaco Western full-time

Pros

Aggressive company that has been growing nicely for 5 years. Pays employees well. Hired some great talent.

Cons

Have "Core Values" that they preach but do not exercise. Does not truly value their employees. Owner is very arrogant. Executive Leadership does not value sales team input. Decisions are reactive. Sales leader runs a militant style regime. The wheels are falling off this cart.

Advice to Management

Come back to reality. Listen to what your sales people are saying. Take your competition serious.

6. Office Manager

Current Employee - Office Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Gaco Western full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A growing, profitable company that is the leader in its industry. The best, hardest working CEO I've ever known, let alone read about and the most incredible body of employees I've had the pleasure of working with. If you have ability and ambition, there is a place for it at Gaco.

Cons

Tough question, as everyone from Executive Leadership down to the warehouse worker is devoted to making Gaco a great place to work. I guess I wouldn't change a thing.....except maybe get a corner office with a view (I wish!)

Advice to Management

Your exposure to the body of employees is part of what makes Gaco strong, resulting in a true team atmosphere. Companies go wrong when it's a "we / they" atmosphere between management and staff . This is not an issue at Gaco - thank you for that.

7. My experience with Gaco Western was exhausting. Travel time sometimes could be two hours.

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Gaco Western full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very difficult CEO to satisfy. This position required 24/7 availability.

Cons

Trying to satisfy a very difficult CEO who travelled 90% of the time.

8. Like family

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Gaco Western full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It was obvious even when I first interviewed that the CEO and other Executives truly care about the employees on every level. The CEO considers it a privilege to serve us! How often do you hear that?! Talking to numerous other employees, I heard time and time again that they genuinely feel like they are part of a family and they feel lucky/blessed to work here. There's a feeling of contentment. I think it says a lot that we've retained so many employees despite an office moved several years ago. It added a lot to their commute time, yet they feel the company's worth it. One employee just celebrated 30 years here and she's not the only one with 20-25+ years at Gaco! The company invests in fostering relationships - whether it be at big Sales Meetings where even the significant others are celebrated or down to the smaller touches like a call on your start date and hand-written notes on your birthday from the CEO.

Cons

Seriously, I can't think of anything at this point.

9. Gaco Western is a well run company that produces the highest quality product and takes care of its employees.

I have been working at Gaco Western full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best thing about working here is that the company values your imagination and creative skills. Gaco pays well and has a creative award system. It is a company that is run by a leadership team that regularly reviews every aspect of the health and operation of the company. Prior to Gaco, I was a contractor that saw behind the doors in a few companies, coast to coast - what Gaco does is uncommon and the result is a healthier, happier company on paper and for its people.

Cons

The only con I can think of would be for someone that lacks motivation. If you lack motivation, then you are not likely to do as well....but that applies anywhere, doesn't it?

Advice to Management

The Executive level employees avail themselves to the employees. Not having that glass wall helps the exec staff maintain a realistic pulse on what happens day to day. The CEO is devoted to circulating among the employees and clients - more so than I have seen in any other company. The result is that I feel like an important member of the Gaco family. Gaco is growing, and the only advice I would have for the management would be to keep doing what they are doing. even though it may be a challenge as the company grows.

Growing company with great people

Current Employee - Production Engineer in Waukesha, WI
    Current Employee - Production Engineer in Waukesha, WI

I have been working at Gaco Western full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoy the team that I work with. Everyone is trying their best for the good of the company and not just looking out for themselves. The company is growing and changing, which is an exciting place to be.

Cons

A growing company has growing pains, such as spreading learnings and best practices. Gaco is trying hard to grow the company the right way.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on the fundamentals of business and manufacturing to ensure that we grow the right way.

11. A great place to work!

I have been working at Gaco Western full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

People here really care about doing a good job and about our customers. I have great co-workers who are fun to work with. Good and broad level of benefits. Enjoy the Wellness benefit! Our Core Values are in the forefront. My salary is competitive and the bonuses are good.

Cons

At times there seems to be a lot of meetings. Our company is getting bigger every year so there is always a lot on my place. It keeps me challenged.

RSS Feed </> Embed