Gafcon Reviews

4.0

Yehudi Gaffen
1 Rating

Enjoyed working with all the nice professional people, including the upper management.

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  East San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in East San Diego, CA

I worked at Gafcon full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company culture is outstanding.

Cons

They have not called back to rejoin the team.

The company needs to rehire the employees, in good standing, who were let go due to completed projects. This would save the company time and money in the long run as far as training.

One never has to worry about sexual harrassment or bullying at this company. Upper management and the HR Department does a great job with several awareness trainings and GafCollege seminars which are very beneficial to the company and their employees. For the most part, a very harmonious place to work.

I am always proud to say I was a part of the Gafcon team. In my opinion, it is the "Ivory Tower" of construction management.

Average Employer

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Gafcon full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

They have nice corporate events.

Cons

Privately held husband and wife team. They enjoy the good life you enjoy an average life. Average pay for the industry with little of no bonuses or raises.

Employees in the corporate office are not billable. Lower the headcount of non billable support and give more rewards to the billable employees who are in front of the clients representing the project's and the company. When the construction business is great share the profits. Investing in another company to provide an additional service is okay but not at the expense of the loyal employee.

Like a number of us, I left and came back because Gafcon is a great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Gafcon

Pros

There are lots of reasons I came back, including: people who really care about you (a family and team environment), the opportunities to make a difference within the company and for our clients, interesting and challenging work, leaders who listen to and value what employees have to say, good working conditions and a competitive salary and benefits.

Cons

Gafcon is getting ready to celebrate its 25 year anniversary so the company is still somewhat young. Like all companies, it has experienced some growing pains as it matures. This has caused some employees to look elsewhere, but I think the change is for the better.

Continue to focus on the big picture and start to lean more heavily on your team. You have a gathered a talented group of individuals and it will be better for everyone if you enlist their help rather than feeling like you have to do it all at the top only.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Once a great culture...now identity?

I worked at Gafcon

Pros

Some great legacy personnel that are highest of class and true team players. Owner is great. Gafcon has a truly diverse set of employees with great strengths that, if properly managed and recognized, could potentially help propel the company to new heights.

Cons

Gafcon has always been a cutting edge company on the bleeding edge of technology and market foresight. However, this has not always been best translated into positive results.

Promote professional debate as you do have employees that have much to offer.

Worked for Gafcon? Contribute to the Community!