Gagosian Gallery

Not yet rated.

Larry Gagosian

adsfa

Asdf (Current Employee)

Prosit is really really okay

Consit is quite boring actually

Advice to Senior Managementasdf

The Devil wears Prada... and works at Gagosian

Intern (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe pros are that you have access to great art and art resources (Gagosian library). Also you will meet a lot of interesting and/or famous people (as well as wanna-be celebrities) who come into the gallery.

The other pro (though I think this is a con) is that you will spend 90% of your time staring at your computer pretending to do something important. So basically, the work is really easy. It's the people who are difficult.

Cons-I worked full time for $8 an hour- yet still had to maintain the illusion of glamor and wealth.
    -There's no training period. They will throw you to the lions on day one and expect you to perform. Also, don't expect much feedback on whether you're doing a good job or not. Most co-workers expect you to mind read.
    -Basically, it really is like the movie "The Devil Wears Prada". I worked over 40 hours a week and got yelled at by everyone.
    -It is a very competitive, hostile work environment. You need a thick skin to work here because people will literally hang up on you as you're trying to ask them a question.

Advice to Senior Management- Be more realistic with potential employees at the interview. I was told the company was "like a family" and that employees "had no job titles" and "went out to happy hour together". Total rubbish.

Glamorous Misery

Intern (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsI suppose one pro of working at Gagosian Gallery would be one's proximity to some of the world's most incredible contemporary art.

ConsBasically the office culture is one of complete demoralization and everyone there seems to be in competition to see who can be the most miserable.

Worked for Gagosian Gallery? Contribute to the Community!