Galaxy Systems

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Tim Bryan

Terrific company to work for!

Web Developer (Current Employee) Somerset, NJ

ProsGalaxE Systems is a great company to work for. I love the environment and I love coming to work here every day. The delivery team I work for is growing and the company has changed so much for the better in the last eight months. I can't wait to see what the future holds here.

ConsI do work longer hours, but they pay is fantastic. It can be stressful, but I really enjoy what I do.

Poor management

Web Developer (Former Employee) Somerset, NJ

ProsGood pay but dont expect to get any raise even if you work 2+ years
    Good exposure to different clients and fields

ConsThis company have absolutely no HR
    Even though there's a HR department in the company, decisions are made by senior management.
    Management only cares about filling their pockets

Dynamic up and coming company for the betterment of Detroit!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsHaving been in the IT “sourcing” industry for more years than I care to count, this is the 1st company that I’ve ever worked for that allows me to use my talents and skillset for the betterment of the company.
    With all companies there are growing pains, and GalaxE.Solutions is no exception, HOWEVER, they are moving forward, having a positive impact on the future of Detroit and the people who work for GalaxE.Solutions can take pride in the job they do!

ConsSometimes the necessary changes take a little longer to implement than what would be “optimum” but they do happen.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to listen to the employees, and include them in the direction of the company.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

My experience with Galaxy solutions is quite different and the Detroit office is growing and doing wonderful things

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsGreat environment, supportive staff, family oriented, understanding management and team members

ConsPlease offer better medical benefits

Advice to Senior Managementbetter medical benefits, more employee engagement meeting

Not a very happy organization to be in

Software Architect (Current Employee) Somerset, NJ

Pros- There a few interesting projects. Under a smaller firm you can do more variety of work.
    - They will overpay to get people on board (but as you'll read later, no many people stay because this company has many shortcomings)

Cons- A lot of times, employees are doing work with their hands tied behind their back. Cannot even install software tools on laptop without going to IT.
    - No communication from upper management, no feedback, do not know the stratigic vision of the company
    - Poor logistics, long time to receive expenses, a lot of proceses are still manual, quite frustrating
    - Poor respect for employees. No expectation management at all, often times people will be "thrown under the bus". No accountability from top to bottom and within teams.

Advice to Senior Management- Create a strategic vision based on integrity, quality, and teamwork. I think this company need much stronger leadership than what we have currently.

The most dysfunctional organization in every possible category.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsI've had the privilege to work with extremely talented people. Unfortunately, they don't stick around long after it's realized what an atrocious, dysfunctional company this is. Most find a better opportunity within 3 months.

ConsI can't accentuate enough the appalling treatment of employees. There is a huge disrespect for employees. Major lack of management ability, lack of professionalism and lack of communication with employees are very prominent.

To put it bluntly, there is a revolving door here and no talented employees remain for any length of time. To get unemployed talented people to come on board, they have been known to lie to them in their offer letter. Then when they come on board, it is discovered that they are not hired for the job they are lead to believe they are accepting. This is a common practice.

Benefits are tremendously lacking. What few benefits they do have are EXTREMELY costly to employees due to the lack of contribution on behalf of the company. There is very little PTO and vacation time available to any employees. There are very stringent rules against using any vacation and PTO/sick time and it is looked down upon if you do want to use it. There is no work at home option for any employees except a for a few privileged managers. This company is extremely "cheap" and employees are not given the tools to do their jobs in an adequate manner. hey are extremely 'secretive' about the organization and it's business processes and practices or lack thereof. The internal business practices with employees they DO have are extremely unethical and alarming, to put it mildly. It will be only a matter of time before their clients learn the internal aspects mentioned here and look elsewhere for a business partner.

It is unlike anything I've ever seen or experienced in my 25+ years of business. I would not recommend this company to my worst enemy.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want to retain smart, talented employees, change every aspect of the way you treat your employees. Involve them in decision making. Contribute more to the few benefits you offer to employees. Improve upon the lack of work-life benefits to employees. If you continue to treat employees in the current manner, you will lose good, talented employees and over time you'll be left with the bottom of the barrel, if you remain in business at all.

Worst job I ever had!

Training Administrator (Former Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsHad the plesure to work with some smart people who quickly left the company for better opportunities. A good place to work while you look for another job.

ConsUpper management lacking in any ability to efficiently direct their teams. There is a considerable amount of arguing and unprofessional language used at all levels of the organization. Employees are never made aware of the corporate/department vision - everything is a big secret. Horrible benefits, vacation and PTO time. Make sure you get all pre-employment agreements in writing.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees fairly. Stop taking advantage of people in desperate for jobs. Once the economy comes back you will have no employees left to work at your company. All the good employeees would have left for good jobs at good companies.

Good experience with Projects

Web Developer (Former Employee) Somerset, NJ

ProsVery interesting projects to work on. Good paced environment.

ConsPoor administration negotiating salaries. Fight for your own good. Not equal level of pay to everyone at the same level.

Growing Company with Excellent Opportunities

ProsWithin the last 11 months of me being here I have watched the company almost double.
    I have been to Tigers Games and sat with CEO's and VP's.
    Top management speaks to you and learns your names.
    There is extreme growth potential.
    People are friendly and we play the Wii at work!
    The company is extremely diverse in all age groups and races.

ConsThere was an issue with the benefits being high when I joined, since then the benefits have been extremely reduced.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue the open door policy, it has made working here very enjoyable!

Worked for Galaxy Systems? Contribute to the Community!