Galileo Learning

Updated December 2, 2014
Updated December 2, 2014
4.0

Glen Tripp

Exciting group of individuals who value education and innovation.

Former Employee - Assistant Instructor in Los Altos, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant Instructor in Los Altos, CA

I worked at Galileo Learning full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The culture of Galileo Learning is almost second to none. Working here provides a great opportunity for those who are passionate about providing quality educational programs while being fun and whacky all at the same time. Galileo is a great place to form lasting relationships.

Cons

Through my experiences during my summers at Galileo I would say that there are not too many cons to consider.

Great time as long as you know what to expect

Former Employee - Assistant Camp Director in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant Camp Director in San Jose, CA

I worked at Galileo Learning as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Galileo has a fun and exciting culture. You get to meet cool people and positively effect the community. The whole premise of being an innovator is something I personally took away from the job. This job is really a great way to spend your summer.

Cons

Long hours. It's all explained to you before you get hired, but they can be long (but fun!) hours.

Customer Service Specialist

I worked at Galileo Learning

Pros

Great team work, relaxed environment, fun, stimulating

Cons

Temporary position only, no benefits, no sick/holiday/vacation time

Awesome!

Former Employee - Summer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Summer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Galileo Learning as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

As a previous staffer from Camp G, working here was an amazing experience--I do plan to come back for this coming summer! We would work a bit more than was given, but the experience was entirely worth it. You can't even complain about the extra work, because it's that worth it. Working here definitely opened up my comfort zone--it's an extremely unique camp, one that differs from every other. The people I've worked with were amazing and inspiring and downright innovative!

Cons

Arduous work when it comes to clean-up, lots of physical labor. But if you don't mind it, then great!

Work here.

Former Employee - Lead Instructor in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Lead Instructor in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Galileo Learning part-time (more than an year)

Pros

They are one of the most supportive companies I have worked for. They care about their employees and want to make sure that they are given the best tools possible to succeed.

Cons

Not really any cons that stand out to me.

Fun but exhausting

Current Employee - Summer Intern in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Summer Intern in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Galileo Learning as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The atmosphere created by the staff is fun and positive. My experience was unforgettable.

Cons

Interns are definitely a little underpaid as they are expected to stay for long hours. The work can be exhausting. I've worked on two different sites and one of them was a bit disorganized so your experience can vary depending on which site you end up working at.

Quasi cult like attitude of coworkers made this summer job difficult

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hillsborough, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hillsborough, CA

I worked at Galileo Learning full-time (less than an year)

Pros

If you have a short time between jobs or school, this fits in to your schedule. 6-8 weeks during summer. It can be fun if you really love children. At the end they let you take leftover supplies like crayons.

Cons

They expect hellishly long days, and don't offer enough structure in many of the break periods, leaving you to explain to campers why their mothers didn't pack them enough food for the day, or why they're not allowed to play on their cellphones because kick the ball is much better for their psyches. As someone who was doing this summer job as a one time deal before I moved to another city to go on to grad school, it was clear that the other counselors who had been there for multiple years because they were artists, or teachers, they had an odd contempt for me as someone who didn't want to dedicate their entire life to wrangling children into educational activities. Overall, I felt that the rest of the counselors had a strange and almost cultlike devotion to Galileo. The hours were miserable and the upsides were few, so I was baffled by their wholehearted slavishness.

Good Intern Opportunity

Former Employee - Summer(Camp Counselor) in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Summer(Camp Counselor) in San Jose, CA

I worked at Galileo Learning as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Lots of emphasis on training new interns, friendly and personal atmosphere with lots of creative energy, fun choice of classes to work with, great coworkers. Great for a summer job, especially for high schoolers.

Cons

Although interns are paid, it is not minimum wage and there was often an expectation to stay later than expected. When I worked there, there was poor communication between the counselors/ interns and upper management, and poor organization as it was a transition year between camp directors. As a result, there was some tension and lack of productive feedback.

Rewarding summer job for educators

I worked at Galileo Learning full-time (less than an year)

Pros

innovative, fun, professional, creative, authentic, unique

Cons

I really have nothing negative to say

Very positive experience at Galileo Learning as a Team Leader

Current Employee - Team Leader
    Current Employee - Team Leader

I have been working at Galileo Learning part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The staff is incredibly fun and genuinely supportive.

Cons

You will end up working longer than the posted hours and will not be compensated for the extra time put it. As a team leader, I find myself working during lunch and when I arrive home from work.

Employees need to be compensated for their additional hours OR should only be required to work during the allocated hours.