Galleria Marketing

Galleria Marketing Fundraiser

Former Employee - Child Fund Fundraiser in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Child Fund Fundraiser in Houston, TX

I worked at Galleria Marketing full-time (less than an year)

Pros

very good company culture. no early mornings. base pay is pretty good. got to help people.

Cons

Im no stranger to hard work, but if you are not a fan of canvassing neighborhoods or long periods of time driving around through territory, this isn't the job for you.

Management is very good and motivating.

Sales job with low commissions

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Galleria Marketing full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I got to learn a lot about sales which was great. Co-workers were really nice to be around, too. Team atmosphere.

Cons

The only pay you receive is via commissions and the percentage is low. I felt manipulated at this job and at times, insulted.

Treat your employees like you value them - give them a base pay to start out.

"Great opportunity" if you like door to door sales

Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in Houston, TX

I worked at Galleria Marketing full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

There is a great training program.

Cons

This is not a marketing job... It's sales and preys upon recent college grads

Complete scam - you'll work hard until you figure that out

I worked at Galleria Marketing full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Sales Experience is about it

Cons

Unfair practices - the company is not ethical

Be more fair

This is a Sales Job. Period.

I worked at Galleria Marketing full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It has great opportunity for those who want to build a business from the ground up with some financial backing.

Cons

Long days, 100% commission based. The type of sales requires a certain type of personality to be successful at it - It's not for everyone.

Be more upfront about it being a sales job but with opportunity to branch out on your own.

GM has given me the opportunity to grow and build professionally and personally.

Current Employee - Human Resources in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Houston, TX

I have been working at Galleria Marketing full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great opportunities for bonuses on top of my salary, fun atmosphere, experienced upper management willing to train and mold you, paid every week, traveling to the business confrences is awesome!

Cons

Time off doesn't come easy, but the rest of the job is pretty reasonable consdiering you are working toward running your own office.

Consider giving more time off to be with families during the holidays and maybe get a coffee machine :)

Really solid.

Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in Houston, TX

I worked at Galleria Marketing full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Personal growth & development. Everyone should work in sales for a year at some point. Also, the company is incredibly fair - it's a total meritocracy. If you legitimately believe that corporate america is holding you back in any way, GM represents an unparalleled growth opportunity.

Cons

Pay, stress, hours. Commission is stressful, and the pay isn't that great if you're not talented. The entry level work is not glamorous. However, it will build character.

Door to Door Marketing

Former Employee - Account Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Galleria Marketing

Pros

I dint think this place had any pros except people completing their targets and after sometime they can open their own office but that took a lot of door banging and selling people things they don't need!

Cons

No Transport allowance: You are given an area and have to cover all the business place in your own car, and you are not reimbursed the expense

Door to Door sales: They call this B2B marketing grow up peole understand the difference between sales and marketing

Commission based: No base salary just commission make around 7% on sales of a item it would increase if you go up the ladder but no matter what positions you hold you will also have to sell!

either they have staples or at&t or some other office supplies giant whose products you have to sell!

Please let people know before hand what they are getting into Like: "You can't make any money as we don't pay the expenses!!!!" so join us!

A lot of smoke and mirrors

I worked at Galleria Marketing

Pros

Younger crowd, with everyone getting along pretty well. Quick promotion to 'Corporate Trainer,' but you don't stay with the company if you DON'T get promoted to Corporate Trainer. Opportunity for advancement to eventually open your own office elsewhere.

Cons

Super long hours, I'm talking 7:30 am until 6:30 pm, and working some Saturdays. The job is strictly commission, and there are no expense accounts to help cover costs of traveling to and from your territory, using your cell phone to place calls, etc. All cold calling, which isn't bad because that's what B2B entails, but people are SO not happy to see you.

Management could stand to be a bit more supportive and a bit more realistic in your plans for the future. While it's true that there is are opportunities for advancement to Assistant, and Director of Operations (where you open your own office in another city), the odds of that are happening to are slim to none. Management will consistently tell you that not everyone will make it, but at the same time push you to recruit for them as hard as you possibly can. You need to build a team in order to get promoted, which is difficult to do with the high turnover.

I worked there until I was essentially broke, trying to make it to Assistant, and finally couldn't do it anymore. Definitely would not recommend the job for recent graduates if they are living on their own and/or paying off student loans... it's too hard to have a consistent paycheck, despite working your butt off.

I understand the concept of the job, I really do, but it's difficult for someone who is just starting in with sales to scrape together a living when there is no base, no benefits, no expense accounts, and little-if any-time off. Be more realistic and up-front with both interviewees and new employees about what the job entails, what they are needed to do, and the odds of success at getting into Management. I agree with the idea that 'only the strong survive,' but I feel you lose a lot of the greats because they are either disheartened at having nothing to fall back on if they have a bad week, or they work themselves into debt trying to succeed.

Door to door sales never looked so good

I worked at Galleria Marketing

Pros

Very professional atmosphere and manner of interview

Cons

It turns out to be another door to door sales company.

Don't tell people it's not door to door sales and then send them out into the field to sell GIFT CARDS DOOR TO DOOR!

Galleria Marketing Photos