Gallup

Updated Jun 16, 2014

Gallup Chairman, President, and CEO Jim Clifton

Jim Clifton

65 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

The good, the bad, and the ugly

Quality Assurance Coordinator (Current Employee)
    Omaha, NE

ProsExcellent building and work spaces. Wonderful perks like a print shop, on-site gym with trainers, cafe, coffee, and more.

ConsIn 2009 they raised hour expectations by 10% without change in pay. At times they do not seem to eat their own "dog food". "Grow horizontally for higher pay"...There are glass ceilings for pay, no matter how much extra work or complexity of work you take on, once you hit the cap, that is it. Instead of consulting the IT teams for realistic deadlines, the deadlines seem to come out of thin air and employees work themselves sick to meet them. You have to stand up for yourself and force reasonable work hours or you will be swept away.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt feels that the Exec management is getting ready to retire and cash out, leaving a husk of a company behind.

Family Run company

Systems Applications Developer (Former Employee)
    Omaha, NE

ProsChild care available onsite. Fun events happening all the time.

ConsIf you make right connections with the right families who own this business you can go places. Its a company always trying to become 1 billion company. Management is biased towards relatives and friends working in the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't encourage more sycophancy.

If you can deal with the people, fantastic job

Interviewer (Current Employee)
    Omaha, NE

ProsYou can make great money if you are good at the job. If you are dialing consistently, you can make bank. You create your own hours each week, and it's an overall flexible and easy going work environment.

ConsJust takes some tough skin when people are uncooperative, but really there are enough nice people to outweigh the bad. You are confined to a desk and sitting/standing in one area. The job is boring, but allows you to read or do other things while you are working.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Caring Supervisors, Monotonous Work

Telephone Interviewer (Current Employee)
    Lincoln, NE

ProsI love the care supervisors have for their employees. Managers are heavily bonused on how well their team performs. The schedule is very flexible and I can't say enough good things about their tuition reimbursement program. Employee owned.

ConsYou are only paid for time you spend on the phone producing. Essentially, you are paid per survey. Some managers become very stressed which limits their patience at times. Most of the time this isn't a problem but it does come up.

Great for students

Associate Interviewer (Former Employee)
    Omaha, NE

ProsKnowledge gained in training helps tremendously, but ultimately you'll find your niche. The flexibility is great and the extra pay for efficiency is a nice incentive.

ConsCan be overwhelming and demotivating on off-days. Accumulation of hours needed to make up can be stressful, especially during mid-terms and finals, so plan accordingly.

Beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Outbound Interviewer (Former Employee)
    Bellevue, NE

ProsYou pick your own hours

ConsI quit gallup and they didn't pay me for all my hours, and bumped my wage down to 7.25 an hour

Advice to Senior ManagementPay people what you tell them they are going to make.

System Application Developer

Systems Applications Developer (Current Employee)
    Omaha, NE

ProsGood company to work with, Good culture, Lot to learn.

ConsNone in my point of view.

Advice to Senior ManagementGood Work

Great place to work, especially for students.

Telephone Interviewer (Current Employee)
    Lincoln, NE

ProsCreate your own schedule, managers are friendly and very approachable, coworkers are very nice and have similar goals/personalities, tons of bonuses just for doing your job.

ConsNo possibilities for promotion. They treat employees in the company looking to advance their career just as they would any other job candidate. The job can get taxing at time just sitting at a desk and doing surveys all night.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward good work with more responsibility, not just more pay for that pay period. If you have a good employee on your hands, promote them or lose them.

4 years full time interviewer.

Professional Team (Former Employee)
    Lincoln, NE

ProsFlexibility is OK, but some times of year there is no work but you still have to get in your hours.

ConsLying by management. Turnover is high and that works for them. They only give lip-service to wanting to reduce turnover. It isn't true. Quota ( number of completes per hour for full pay) keeps rising, and capacity necessary for bonuses has increased from 90% when I began, to 105% when I left. Ity's a VERY high stres job which management NEVER acknowledges.

Advice to Senior ManagementRun fast and far. Only those closely orbiting the Clifton inner circle will have meaningful advancement.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

good job of people in college

Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee)
    Bellevue, NE

Prosflexible, good managers and casual place to work

Consthings change all the time

Worked for Gallup? Contribute to the Community!

Gallup – Why Work for Us?

Gallup is a progressive consulting firm that helps leaders at every level of business, government, and society improve their organizational performance by understanding the voice of their constituencies. Gallup has… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Gallup reviews and ratings in Nebraska — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Gallup CEO Jim Clifton. All 65 reviews posted anonymously by Gallup employees.