Gallup

Updated Jun 16, 2014

Gallup Chairman, President, and CEO Jim Clifton

Jim Clifton

49 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

The good, the bad, and the ugly

Quality Assurance Coordinator (Current Employee)
    Omaha, NE

ProsExcellent building and work spaces. Wonderful perks like a print shop, on-site gym with trainers, cafe, coffee, and more.

ConsIn 2009 they raised hour expectations by 10% without change in pay. At times they do not seem to eat their own "dog food". "Grow horizontally for higher pay"...There are glass ceilings for pay, no matter how much extra work or complexity of work you take on, once you hit the cap, that is it. Instead of consulting the IT teams for realistic deadlines, the deadlines seem to come out of thin air and employees work themselves sick to meet them. You have to stand up for yourself and force reasonable work hours or you will be swept away.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt feels that the Exec management is getting ready to retire and cash out, leaving a husk of a company behind.

Family Run company

Systems Applications Developer (Former Employee)
    Omaha, NE

ProsChild care available onsite. Fun events happening all the time.

ConsIf you make right connections with the right families who own this business you can go places. Its a company always trying to become 1 billion company. Management is biased towards relatives and friends working in the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't encourage more sycophancy.

If you can deal with the people, fantastic job

Interviewer (Current Employee)
    Omaha, NE

ProsYou can make great money if you are good at the job. If you are dialing consistently, you can make bank. You create your own hours each week, and it's an overall flexible and easy going work environment.

ConsJust takes some tough skin when people are uncooperative, but really there are enough nice people to outweigh the bad. You are confined to a desk and sitting/standing in one area. The job is boring, but allows you to read or do other things while you are working.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great for students

Associate Interviewer (Former Employee)
    Omaha, NE

ProsKnowledge gained in training helps tremendously, but ultimately you'll find your niche. The flexibility is great and the extra pay for efficiency is a nice incentive.

ConsCan be overwhelming and demotivating on off-days. Accumulation of hours needed to make up can be stressful, especially during mid-terms and finals, so plan accordingly.

Beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Outbound Interviewer (Former Employee)
    Bellevue, NE

ProsYou pick your own hours

ConsI quit gallup and they didn't pay me for all my hours, and bumped my wage down to 7.25 an hour

Advice to Senior ManagementPay people what you tell them they are going to make.

System Application Developer

Systems Applications Developer (Current Employee)
    Omaha, NE

ProsGood company to work with, Good culture, Lot to learn.

ConsNone in my point of view.

Advice to Senior ManagementGood Work

good job of people in college

Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee)
    Bellevue, NE

Prosflexible, good managers and casual place to work

Consthings change all the time

Disappointing

Operations (Current Employee)
    Omaha, NE

ProsNice location in a nice building. Some very competent and dedicated employees.

ConsAn ineffective award system. Recognized for trivialities yet important and consequential accomplishments go unnoticed. An irrelevant middle management that ignores problem areas. 90% of the work is done by 10% - yet another failure of middle management. An atmosphere of "hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil". Opinions only count if they agree with the management line.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire some professional management to run day-to-day operations. The family run system isn't working.

Run as Far Away as You Can!!

Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee)
    Bellevue, NE

ProsGood job for night owls and people with no social life. You'll get a paycheck. They will hire pretty much anyone that has a pulse and no strong accent.

ConsForced social events that are unpaid, shady pay structure that pretty much assures you will never get a bonus or even the $9.75 they say they will pay you. A call center filled with teenagers who are there to socialize and, for some reason, people who think watching TV at work is acceptable. Their idea of a reward is getting your own desk. Everything seems to be based on popularity rather than the type of work you do.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring any idiot who actually shows up to the group interview.

Not at all what they preach.

Manager (Former Employee)
    Omaha, NE

ProsExperience for your resume, and getting to offer at least some support to the people you manage through treating them respectfully and as people (even though this sometimes comes at a high cost)

ConsHostile work environment, fear of losing job, working 70 hours/week, "professional" co-workers and supervisors more concerned about drinking and fashion than their jobs, seeing workers below you treated poorly, being asked to do things that were just bordering illegal (like telling people not to take their breaks because they would get paid less, being pressured to not hire pregnant women, hiring based on race, etc.), very little support, looked down on for wanting a family life or balance, having middle aged men with no families get special treatment, having confidential information shared about others with me that should not have been, being told to work ten additional weekend hours on Friday, yelling during manager meetings, and much, much more.

The interviewing department probably is the worst. Most of the managers I worked with while I was there were on anti-depressants, on anti-anxiety medications, had stomach ulcers or other stress-related illnesses, etc.

I was a manager, but I believe the interviewers have it even worse.

Advice to Senior ManagementRead your own books and start practicing what's in them.

Advice to upper management: let go of some of your interviewing leadership who work at the Riverfront.

Worked for Gallup? Contribute to the Community!

Gallup – Why Work for Us?

Gallup is a progressive consulting firm that helps leaders at every level of business, government, and society improve their organizational performance by understanding the voice of their constituencies. Gallup has… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Gallup reviews and ratings in Omaha, NE — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Gallup CEO Jim Clifton. All 49 reviews posted anonymously by Gallup employees.