Gallup

Gallup Reviews

Updated Jun 16, 2014

Gallup Chairman, President, and CEO Jim Clifton

Jim Clifton

Pros:
  • "Flexible work schedule (time and location)"
    in 18 reviews
  • "You create your own hours each week, and it's an overall flexible and easy going work environment"
    in 14 reviews
Cons:
  • "We give lip service to Wellbeing but no one cares about one's home-work life balance"
    in 8 reviews
  • "Senior management needs to make smarter decisions"
    in 13 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

The good, the bad, and the ugly

Quality Assurance Coordinator (Current Employee)
    Omaha, NE

ProsExcellent building and work spaces. Wonderful perks like a print shop, on-site gym with trainers, cafe, coffee, and more.

ConsIn 2009 they raised hour expectations by 10% without change in pay. At times they do not seem to eat their own "dog food". "Grow horizontally for higher pay"...There are glass ceilings for pay, no matter how much extra work or complexity of work you take on, once you hit the cap, that is it. Instead of consulting the IT teams for realistic deadlines, the deadlines seem to come out of thin air and employees work themselves sick to meet them. You have to stand up for yourself and force reasonable work hours or you will be swept away.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt feels that the Exec management is getting ready to retire and cash out, leaving a husk of a company behind.

Family Run company

Systems Applications Developer (Former Employee)
    Omaha, NE

ProsChild care available onsite. Fun events happening all the time.

ConsIf you make right connections with the right families who own this business you can go places. Its a company always trying to become 1 billion company. Management is biased towards relatives and friends working in the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't encourage more sycophancy.

If you can deal with the people, fantastic job

Interviewer (Current Employee)
    Omaha, NE

ProsYou can make great money if you are good at the job. If you are dialing consistently, you can make bank. You create your own hours each week, and it's an overall flexible and easy going work environment.

ConsJust takes some tough skin when people are uncooperative, but really there are enough nice people to outweigh the bad. You are confined to a desk and sitting/standing in one area. The job is boring, but allows you to read or do other things while you are working.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Caring Supervisors, Monotonous Work

Telephone Interviewer (Current Employee)
    Lincoln, NE

ProsI love the care supervisors have for their employees. Managers are heavily bonused on how well their team performs. The schedule is very flexible and I can't say enough good things about their tuition reimbursement program. Employee owned.

ConsYou are only paid for time you spend on the phone producing. Essentially, you are paid per survey. Some managers become very stressed which limits their patience at times. Most of the time this isn't a problem but it does come up.

Great for students

Associate Interviewer (Former Employee)
    Omaha, NE

ProsKnowledge gained in training helps tremendously, but ultimately you'll find your niche. The flexibility is great and the extra pay for efficiency is a nice incentive.

ConsCan be overwhelming and demotivating on off-days. Accumulation of hours needed to make up can be stressful, especially during mid-terms and finals, so plan accordingly.

Toxic and horrific workplace environment. Believe the other bad reviews.

Senior Consultant (Former Employee)
    Washington, DC

ProsA few smart colleagues, and I mean few.

ConsThere is very little consulting that actually happens and it is all about pushing their measuring tools on to clients- like used car salesmen. Tools are outdated and have no value, yet Gallup charges overcharges clients for all the work they do. There is no development program nor do they encourage "well being." You will work 100 hours a week with horrible pay. Managers have no problems making threats and you live in a constantly fearful environment. Almost everyone I worked with was miserable, except for a few favorites who get away with anything and treat others horribly. Gallup sells tools for employee engagement, well being, and customer experience but they never utilize their own tools.I cannot say enough how terrible this place is to be at. If you are a smart person with a good degree, do not be fooled by the name. The family bought the Gallup name and does not live up to the legacy. Anyone who was ever good at Gallup left. And continues to do so. Run as fast as you can and apply somewhere else. You will be very glad you did. I promise.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone. Management doesn't care or listen and knowingly puts up false reviews of the company to mask the actual reviews. If I had to give advice I would say to stop putting up fake reviews of your company on this site.

Beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Outbound Interviewer (Former Employee)
    Bellevue, NE

ProsYou pick your own hours

ConsI quit gallup and they didn't pay me for all my hours, and bumped my wage down to 7.25 an hour

Advice to Senior ManagementPay people what you tell them they are going to make.

Internship Left Many of Us Scratching Our Heads

Client Development Consultant (MBA Intern) (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

Pros* Very talented co-workers (interns and full-time employees). My fellow interns were very teamwork-oriented. They were all very smart yet didn't act like the smartest guy in the room. Very happy to work with them

Cons* You're expected to work 55 hours a week at a minimum but most of the time, many of us were twiddling our thumbs looking for stuff to do

* The quality of the internship depended on the consultant(s) we worked for. As entrepreneurial, smart, and initiative-driven we all are, a lot of us were really struggling to do meaningful work. And some of the consultants brushed us off (surprise surprise, we were interns)

* Note the Client Development Consultant role...it is a sales position; don't get confused. Your responsibility is to grow business, not to be a management consultant. Know what you are getting into. There's a lot of beating around the bush in regards to what this role is

Advice to Senior Management* The internship is very unstructured. We had a few happy hours here and there but was disorganized. I suppose it wasn't a problem since we interns organized our own activities but just wished the firm tried harder to include us

Application Developer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVery challenging place to work with an extremely fast paced environment

ConsExtremely fast paced environment (tight deadlines)

System Application Developer

Systems Applications Developer (Current Employee)
    Omaha, NE

ProsGood company to work with, Good culture, Lot to learn.

ConsNone in my point of view.

Advice to Senior ManagementGood Work

Worked for Gallup? Contribute to the Community!

Gallup – Why Work for Us?

Gallup is a progressive consulting firm that helps leaders at every level of business, government, and society improve their organizational performance by understanding the voice of their constituencies. Gallup has… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Gallup reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Gallup CEO Jim Clifton. All 249 reviews posted anonymously by Gallup employees.