Gallup Reviews

Reset
3.1
Gallup Chairman, President, and CEO Jim Clifton
Jim Clifton

Pros
  • Very flexible work schedule & personal development (in 20 reviews)

• You create your own hours each week, and it's an overall flexible and easy going work environment (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Lack of work-life balance (every week is over 45 (in 9 reviews)

• to instantly be hired or promoted into senior management positions that pay multiples of what anyone else makes (in 14 reviews)

Good Place to Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Gallup full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, easy to leave for appointments or errands. Great location with a fitness center, easy to walk to the pedestrian bridge.

Cons

There has been a lot of turnover recently. The pay is lower than it should be for the jobs being done.

Advice to Management

There is too much specialization going on. There are several employees where they are the only people who know the job, and if one of them leaves it is very painful.

2. Good Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Papillion, NE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Papillion, NE

I have been working at Gallup (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is nice for a high school kid and it's really easy. I really enjoyed my time at Gallup and would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a job

Cons

Management acts like they care about you but they don't care. Also some of the people who work here are kind of strange and just complain about people they talk to all day.

Pseudo Harmony - Eery cult like environment...but not all bad

Former Employee - Administrative Coordinator in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Administrative Coordinator in Omaha, NE

I worked at Gallup (More than a year)

Pros

Absolutely gorgeous riverfront campus in Omaha. Very social environment. Tons of events/meetings with free food & drinks. "Feel good" atmosphere - on site credit union, child care & cafe with great food

Cons

Forced to do more work in less time. Constant peer pressure to hang out after work. Blatantly obvious favoriting towards certain employees. They demand perfection & will viciously berate & belittle you if you don't provide it. It's also kind of a cult like environment. I remember having a team meeting about our Q12 results -the ones specific about our team. Someone had given our team a bad rating and said that Gallup was not a good place to work & a woman who had worked there for many years said in a very angry tone "I wanna know who said this!!" At the time I was the newest person on the team so everyone looked at me. I did not write that because at that time, I was in my honeymoon phase at Gallup & I really didn't feel that way. I just remember that being a bit awkward. Basically if you don't love working there as much as all the "life-ers" do, you will be persecuted for feeling that way. I honestly didn't have too much of an issue with my boss until I put in my notice. I was relocating to another state & all of a sudden she changed. It was like I made the forbidden mistake of deciding to leave Gallup & now I was being shunned. I was only there about 10 months & I think things would have started to get worse had I stayed.

Advice to Management

Don't stifle people or "write them off" in the interview process. You will never keep people if you don't grow & develop them. during the interview process, I was asked about my long term goals. As any undergrad a few months out of college has been trained to say, I said I wanted to be in management. I was immediately told that my "talent profile" indicated that I was not a fit for management at Gallup. I thought that was odd & very discouraging. She was telling me right then & there that I would never advance with the company. I had no idea why & was not provided with any type of constructive feedback on how to achieve my goal. Side note: I am now a manager at another company, in another state so someone thought I was a good fit elsewhere :-). I also remember being told that Gallup doesn't do promotions but instead "allows" you to do more work while paying you the same wage ... Yikes! All in all - excellent place to START! If you live in Omaha & last at least a year at Gallup, your resume will be golden as far as getting on at another local company. In spite of the bad, Gallup will always be a major part of my professional growth & development & a big piece of Omaha culture!

Great place to grow

Pros

Flextime (no vacation policy), great food in the cafeteria (albeit a bit pricey), managers are great at placing you where you fit in your role, very diverse group of employees in both ethnicity and age, purpose-driven work. Really a great place to work. The people are truly what make Gallup a unique workplace. Everyone is so willing to help and most are very committed to quality.

Cons

The company seems stuck in its ways. Although they like to talk about being more progressive, they are often hesitant to take chances. What they're doing works, but they need to be careful not to get too far behind.

6. Interviewer

Former Employee - Telephone Interviewer in Lincoln, NE
    Former Employee - Telephone Interviewer in Lincoln, NE

I worked at Gallup (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule great co workers flexible dress code.

Cons

inconsistent earnings High pressure high turnover of managers

Advice to Management

Former interviewers make better managers

Bittersweet :/

Former Employee - Telephone Interviewer in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Telephone Interviewer in Omaha, NE

Pros

Awesome people. Lots of great friends made here. They have their own credit union that is small and caters to your needs. Gallup has a great brand and reputation. Beautiful rover from office.

Cons

Meh.. Benefits are okay... (A little expensive with so so coverage) manager turnover is abysmal, they changed the way pay works. Now every second you're off the phone, it counts against you, and if you don't want it to count, you have to be off for 30 minutes!!! You also can't go in before 3pm unless you want to be on the "premier team" (which means crazy required OT) They pay you in a production basis, so if you don't do surveys you don't get paid. Oh.. And two years ago, they cut our hourly rate from 18.70 to 16.80.. Thanks a lot Gallup.

Advice to Management

Gallup, you're a "consulting" company. You're supposed to teach other companies how to manage employees but you don't even have it figure out. You nickel and dime all of your employees, and every time you start doing great on the phones, you just raise quotas. That's fair... Since implementing the new pay system, engagement has plummeted. I used to love working here... But now I've moved on to a tech company, that well... Treats me muuuuuch better.

Great place

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Omaha, NE

I worked at Gallup full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Work-life balance, great management, on-site daycare-best in the Midwest, good perks to work there.

Cons

Focusing more on younger employees. Benefits not great due to self-funding but no worse than other local businesses.

Former Partner

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Gallup full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Majestic history. When you start you are proud to be associated with a company that has such an important past.

Cons

Ridiculous nepotism. No one to counter or criticize the controlling family. The Midwest managing partner is a 5th rate manager working for a 4th rate company.

Advice to Management

I see from the Gallup home page that the company has struck up a relationship with McKinsey. Yet I have very definite memories of the CEO dismissing the effectiveness of McKinsey during the yearly partners meetings. He also did this during casual conversations on several occasions. My advice is to stop pretending you're a McKinsey equivalent.

Don't practice what they preach

Current Employee - Consultant Specialist
    Current Employee - Consultant Specialist

I have been working at Gallup full-time

Pros

The mission is real (leadership and fellow employees truly do care about making the world a better place) Strengths work (really great work and is used quite a bit internally)

Cons

Lack of communication (Feeling a part of the company) Development (no true managers and "go to" is too overwhelmed with his own work) Overworked and underpaid Poor incentive structure Favoritism No career path guidance Poor knowledge management (constantly reinventing the wheel) Poor processes

Advice to Management

Follow our own research and create a true manager role, so that you can help grow/develop your people. Hire more people.

Gallup

Former Employee - Telephone Interviewer
    Former Employee - Telephone Interviewer

Pros

Great work culture and environment Opportunity to earn more money (pay for performance)

Cons

No cons that I can think of

Advice to Management

None; great management!

RSS Feed </> Embed