Gallup Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
Gallup Chairman, President, and CEO Jim Clifton
Jim Clifton

Pros
  • Very flexible work schedule & personal development (in 20 reviews)

• You create your own hours each week, and it's an overall flexible and easy going work environment (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Lack of work-life balance (every week is over 45 (in 9 reviews)

• to instantly be hired or promoted into senior management positions that pay multiples of what anyone else makes (in 14 reviews)

Great place

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Omaha, NE

I worked at Gallup full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Work-life balance, great management, on-site daycare-best in the Midwest, good perks to work there.

Cons

Focusing more on younger employees. Benefits not great due to self-funding but no worse than other local businesses.

Gallup

Former Employee - Telephone Interviewer
    Former Employee - Telephone Interviewer

I worked at Gallup

Pros

Great work culture and environment Opportunity to earn more money (pay for performance)

Cons

No cons that I can think of

Advice to Management

None; great management!

Don't practice what they preach

Current Employee - Consultant Specialist
    Current Employee - Consultant Specialist

I have been working at Gallup full-time

Pros

The mission is real (leadership and fellow employees truly do care about making the world a better place) Strengths work (really great work and is used quite a bit internally)

Cons

Lack of communication (Feeling a part of the company) Development (no true managers and "go to" is too overwhelmed with his own work) Overworked and underpaid Poor incentive structure Favoritism No career path guidance Poor knowledge management (constantly reinventing the wheel) Poor processes

Advice to Management

Follow our own research and create a true manager role, so that you can help grow/develop your people. Hire more people.

Gallup is the best place to work!

Former Employee - Vice President Sales in Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - Vice President Sales in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Gallup (More than 8 years)

Pros

Brilliant thought-leaders from whom to learn Totally supportive leadership, starting with the amazing CEO, Jim Clifton. Great salary and constant perks. Don't ever leave - nothing will ever compare.

Cons

Must be self-motivated because you're given a great deal of flexibility (this form is forcing me to write a "con" and I think my response demonstrates how hard it is to think of a "con").

Good place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I worked at Gallup (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly co-workers, lots of fun activities

Cons

Not much room for growth

Advice to Management

keep up the good work

Caution!

Former Employee - Web Designer in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Web Designer in Omaha, NE

I worked at Gallup full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The individuals that work there are fantastic. The office space along the river is very nice.

Cons

Nepotism runs rampant, being liked as an individual is more important than being good at your job. Individuals are treated as a disposable commodity. Hypocritical and inexact sciences lead to poor and flawed business and leadership decisions.

Advice to Management

Set the ego aside and listen to the smart people you still have. hemorrhaging people isn't gonna stop unless you step up and make right by the talent you still have.

8. telephone interviewer

I worked at Gallup

Pros

the culture was great. everyone was very nice and you choose your own hours.

Cons

phone calls are frustrating and you have to work certain hours if you want to do well.

OK Job...with Strings Attached

Former Employee - Bilingual Phone Interviewer in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Bilingual Phone Interviewer in Omaha, NE

I worked at Gallup part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The working environment was great Management realized what a frustrating job we have, and attempted to create fun work culture with interactive activities for us all to enjoy Payed higher if you were bilingual (not so much now)

Cons

Everything was very number-centric. Your pay depends on your performance. While I did very well, I still felt extremely pressured to pick up other team members' bad numbers. Often, they would put me on projects they knew I wouldn't do well on because they needed to reach quota. Even though it's performace-based, you don't really get to choose what projects you work on. I understand that it was a team effort, but it often felt like punishment. I quit after 6 months, well above their 4-month cut for rehiring, but I'm not too worried I'll return, because they cut off Spanish hours. At the point of my leaving the company, I was one of two left from my 15-20ish class who started with me. Retaining workers is a problem at this job, because no matter how many activities we do, the work isn't something that many are, or will ever be impassioned about. It's not worth it for many, including me.

Advice to Management

Keep up the encouraging attitude, because the workers truly appreciate it.

10. Client Support

I have been working at Gallup full-time

Pros

Great work environments and excellent access to technology and information to use with a variety of interesting clients. The work is engaging and rarely dull.

Cons

There are some management problems that I believe are not being addressed as timely as needed.

Advice to Management

Find more meaningful. frequent forums to open dialog with employees regarding potentially useful changes that ought to be considered.

Outbound Interviewer

Former Employee - Telephone Interviewer in Lincoln, NE
    Former Employee - Telephone Interviewer in Lincoln, NE

I worked at Gallup full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ability to work on a variety of interesting projects. Some flexibility in hours (although not as much as in previous years). Great co-workers and facility.

Cons

Gallup has changed drastically since my first year. Quotas have become unrealistic to achieve. , Team Leaders do not really listen to you - it has become a "bottom dollar" company. They are more interested in obtaining "data" for their online business services than they are in obtaining opinions. I always held Gallup in high regard throughout the years because I felt they honestly wanted to "help people be heard". I believe now that they are primarily concerned with selling their products. Management shows very little respect for interviewers, and team leaders rarely have time for team members. Questions are left unanswered, and if you are have problems meeting quotas, they tell you they will "listen to you" on your recordings and give you feedback. They tell you they "want you to succeed", but they only want you to succeed to a certain degree. Very hard to hit bonuses. Pay structure has totally changed, so if you take a break under 30 minutes, it's going to affect your quota. You cannot walk away from a difficult call anymore - you just have to dial another number, or you're not going to hit quota.

Advice to Management

Encourage your interviewers instead of demeaning them. Take the time to remember what Gallup stood for. You've lost some major contracts - maybe you should consider why.

RSS Feed </> Embed