Gallup Reviews

Updated September 8, 2014
2.9

Gallup Chairman, President, and CEO Jim Clifton
Jim Clifton

Pros
  • Flexible work schedule (time and location) (in 18 reviews)

• You create your own hours each week, and it's an overall flexible and easy going work environment (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • We give lip service to Wellbeing but no one cares about one's home-work life balance (in 8 reviews)

• Senior management needs to make smarter decisions (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place to work, phenomenal colleagues

Current Employee - Business Development  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Business Development in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Gallup full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great co-workers, great office space, great experience, great pay. I know the MP's for both the MW and West Region and they are great leaders (very different styles). Your colleagues quickly become your best friends, even those who have been around for 40 years. You have access to high level senior execs with big name clients - always extremely motivating.

Cons

I've read the negative reviews and the people who complain probably think they are right, and in their own minds they might be. The reality is, Management Consulting is a challenging industry. Like any big name Management Consulting firm, you need to be the best because you are interacting with the best (Fortune 500 execs). If you do not fit the mold, you will quickly start looking for excuses and blaming other people. It is a good company to work for and if you are smart, motivated, and have the mindset of a leader and consultant you will be successful.

Not my place. I have a lot of respect for the leaders of the organization.

Caring Supervisors, Monotonous Work

Current Employee - Telephone Interviewer  in  Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - Telephone Interviewer in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at Gallup full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I love the care supervisors have for their employees. Managers are heavily bonused on how well their team performs. The schedule is very flexible and I can't say enough good things about their tuition reimbursement program. Employee owned.

Cons

You are only paid for time you spend on the phone producing. Essentially, you are paid per survey. Some managers become very stressed which limits their patience at times. Most of the time this isn't a problem but it does come up.

If you can deal with the people, fantastic job

Current Employee - Interviewer  in  Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Interviewer in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Gallup full-time for more than a year

Pros

You can make great money if you are good at the job. If you are dialing consistently, you can make bank. You create your own hours each week, and it's an overall flexible and easy going work environment.

Cons

Just takes some tough skin when people are uncooperative, but really there are enough nice people to outweigh the bad. You are confined to a desk and sitting/standing in one area. The job is boring, but allows you to read or do other things while you are working.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company to be a part of

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Gallup full-time

Pros

Great work environment that allows for flexible schedules while still being demanding. Support and access to executive management is strong and your ability to shape the future is available. Account teams are relatively small and the responsibility each consultant has for their portfolio and the advice they deliver their clients, is unmatched. Opportunity to progress at your own speed and not part of the up and out structured review model that so many firms utilize.

Cons

The brand in the marketplace is unmatched in engagement but still not quite there on pure "strategy consulting". As a relatively small firm, the workload can fluctuate at times requiring personal brand building to generate demand if you want to succeed. Training is not as formal as at most firms.

Great culture, great people....need to get out of its own way.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Gallup full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You are put in the game right away, and clients are many of the best run companies in the world. If you are ready to work very long, intense hours, you will be rewarded. Not the place to come if you want 45 hours a week on cruise control.

Cons

We have over complicated and over cooked too many of our offerings, that were once great because of their simplicity. We need to get back to the simple, but powerful solutions.

Momentum is starting to rebuild after a few off years. Stay the course, our arrogance in previous years towards small, but great clients wasn't cool.

Excellent org for self-starters who appreciate autonomy in their day-to-day

I have been working at Gallup full-time

Pros

Even when I was a new employee I felt my opinions were welcome and appreciated. In just a few years at Gallup I have gained opportunities and responsibilities in things I'm passionate about and that align to my talents. Strengths-based culture makes everything less competitive and more collaborative -- I love being able to call my colleagues "friends."

Managers set goals with you, but they trust and empower you to achieve them in your own style without any annoying micromanaging. Because of this unique management style and culture, Gallup is definitely not for everyone -- If you don't come to work "ready to play" and make things happen, you won't last long and you will have difficulty achieving a healthy work/life balance. BUT if you are a hard worker and a team player you will be rewarded and have a fulfilling career at Gallup.

Cons

Sometimes the hours required to be productive and "successful" can get a little high, but most of this can be managed by having open conversations with your manager about prioritization and ownership of tasks. I disagree with some of the metrics that determine "performance," but to me the pros (culture, flexibility, career opportunity) outweigh the cons for sure.

Stay transparent, candid, and accessible. Compared to other organizations I have worked at Gallup's leadership team is very genuine and approachable.

great company with a lot of opportunity and flexibility

I have been working at Gallup

Pros

Leadership focused on positioning people for success based on their natural talents. They provide great direction for what's expected out of you but give you the flexibility to use your unique capabilities to be successful. There is a lot of opportunity to work on different projects and to collaborate with people across the company. Pay is great and based on productivity.

Cons

Expectations are very high which can lead to long hours.

good job of people in college

Former Employee - Telephone Interviewer  in  Bellevue, NE
    Former Employee - Telephone Interviewer in Bellevue, NE

I worked at Gallup full-time

Pros

flexible, good managers and casual place to work

Cons

things change all the time

Great college job!

Current Employee - Telephone Interviewer  in  Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - Telephone Interviewer in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at Gallup part-time for more than a year

Pros

wonderful managers, lots of on-the-job perks (meals, etc.)

Cons

not in my career path

Awesome company

I worked at Gallup

Pros

Good team, skilled people, FCU, gym

Cons

Too many managers, strength finder

Worked for Gallup? Contribute to the Community!