Gallup Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
Gallup Chairman, President, and CEO Jim Clifton
Jim Clifton

Pros
  • Very flexible work schedule & personal development (in 20 reviews)

• You create your own hours each week, and it's an overall flexible and easy going work environment (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Lack of work-life balance (every week is over 45 (in 9 reviews)

• to instantly be hired or promoted into senior management positions that pay multiples of what anyone else makes (in 14 reviews)

Pleasant place, poor deliveries

Former Employee - Associate Consultant - Client Specialist
    Former Employee - Associate Consultant - Client Specialist

I worked at Gallup (More than a year)

Pros

Great environment and autonomy to work in different projects

Cons

Career opportunities are blurred Management is reckless and unprepared Very few people compromised with delivering in a timely manner

Good for beginners - Not a career

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Singapore (Singapore)
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at Gallup full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- There's a lot of autonomy and ability to influence change in the company. - A friendly culture. - Flexible work hours

Cons

- Poor leadership - leaders never get involved but are quick to react when things go wrong. It is a very reactive rather than proactive approach to business. - No clear strategy. - No innovation - Same cookie cutter tools are used over and over again, with little value given to innovation and advancing their science. A lot of the offerings to clients are outdated. - Too much manual work - A lot of reports could be automated,but, a "premium" price is charged to clients for inefficiently scoped projects. - Political Culture - Basically if the management likes you, you can get away doing no work for years on end. Some people have survived there without ever facing a client because of the leverage they have with the Clifton family. - For all the talk on employee engagement, there are some very poor managers who only care about their budgets and numbers - Instead of coaching often top performers who take risks are penalized for doing so in case they make any mistakes.

Advice to Management

If you really want to grow, you need to stop this nepotistic culture. Stop remote management of teams - it makes performance evaluation much harder. Put a fair compensation/bonus structure in place to reward top performers

Great place

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Omaha, NE

I worked at Gallup full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Work-life balance, great management, on-site daycare-best in the Midwest, good perks to work there.

Cons

Focusing more on younger employees. Benefits not great due to self-funding but no worse than other local businesses.

Don't practice what they preach

Current Employee - Consultant Specialist
    Current Employee - Consultant Specialist

I have been working at Gallup full-time

Pros

The mission is real (leadership and fellow employees truly do care about making the world a better place) Strengths work (really great work and is used quite a bit internally)

Cons

Lack of communication (Feeling a part of the company) Development (no true managers and "go to" is too overwhelmed with his own work) Overworked and underpaid Poor incentive structure Favoritism No career path guidance Poor knowledge management (constantly reinventing the wheel) Poor processes

Advice to Management

Follow our own research and create a true manager role, so that you can help grow/develop your people. Hire more people.

Caution!

Former Employee - Web Designer in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Web Designer in Omaha, NE

I worked at Gallup full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The individuals that work there are fantastic. The office space along the river is very nice.

Cons

Nepotism runs rampant, being liked as an individual is more important than being good at your job. Individuals are treated as a disposable commodity. Hypocritical and inexact sciences lead to poor and flawed business and leadership decisions.

Advice to Management

Set the ego aside and listen to the smart people you still have. hemorrhaging people isn't gonna stop unless you step up and make right by the talent you still have.

Gallup

Former Employee - Telephone Interviewer
    Former Employee - Telephone Interviewer

I worked at Gallup

Pros

Great work culture and environment Opportunity to earn more money (pay for performance)

Cons

No cons that I can think of

Advice to Management

None; great management!

Gallup is the best place to work!

Former Employee - Vice President Sales in Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - Vice President Sales in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Gallup (More than 8 years)

Pros

Brilliant thought-leaders from whom to learn Totally supportive leadership, starting with the amazing CEO, Jim Clifton. Great salary and constant perks. Don't ever leave - nothing will ever compare.

Cons

Must be self-motivated because you're given a great deal of flexibility (this form is forcing me to write a "con" and I think my response demonstrates how hard it is to think of a "con").

OK Job...with Strings Attached

Former Employee - Bilingual Phone Interviewer in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Bilingual Phone Interviewer in Omaha, NE

I worked at Gallup part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The working environment was great Management realized what a frustrating job we have, and attempted to create fun work culture with interactive activities for us all to enjoy Payed higher if you were bilingual (not so much now)

Cons

Everything was very number-centric. Your pay depends on your performance. While I did very well, I still felt extremely pressured to pick up other team members' bad numbers. Often, they would put me on projects they knew I wouldn't do well on because they needed to reach quota. Even though it's performace-based, you don't really get to choose what projects you work on. I understand that it was a team effort, but it often felt like punishment. I quit after 6 months, well above their 4-month cut for rehiring, but I'm not too worried I'll return, because they cut off Spanish hours. At the point of my leaving the company, I was one of two left from my 15-20ish class who started with me. Retaining workers is a problem at this job, because no matter how many activities we do, the work isn't something that many are, or will ever be impassioned about. It's not worth it for many, including me.

Advice to Management

Keep up the encouraging attitude, because the workers truly appreciate it.

Good place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I worked at Gallup (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly co-workers, lots of fun activities

Cons

Not much room for growth

Advice to Management

keep up the good work

11. telephone interviewer

I worked at Gallup

Pros

the culture was great. everyone was very nice and you choose your own hours.

Cons

phone calls are frustrating and you have to work certain hours if you want to do well.

RSS Feed </> Embed