Gallup

Gallup Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014

Gallup Chairman, President, and CEO Jim Clifton

Jim Clifton

Pros
  • Flexible work schedule (time and location)(in 18 reviews)

• You create your own hours each week, and it's an overall flexible and easy going work environment(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • We give lip service to Wellbeing but no one cares about one's home-work life balance(in 8 reviews)

• Senior management needs to make smarter decisions(in 13 reviews)

na

Prosgreat company to work with

Consinterview too stressful. need a great preparation

The good, the bad, and the ugly

Quality Assurance Coordinator (Current Employee) Omaha, NE

ProsExcellent building and work spaces. Wonderful perks like a print shop, on-site gym with trainers, cafe, coffee, and more.

ConsIn 2009 they raised hour expectations by 10% without change in pay. At times they do not seem to eat their own "dog food". "Grow horizontally for higher pay"...There are glass ceilings for pay, no matter how much extra work or complexity of work you take on, once you hit the cap, that is it. Instead of consulting the IT teams for realistic deadlines, the deadlines seem to come out of thin air and employees work themselves sick to meet them. You have to stand up for yourself and force reasonable work hours or you will be swept away.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt feels that the Exec management is getting ready to retire and cash out, leaving a husk of a company behind.

Family Run company

Systems Applications Developer (Former Employee) Omaha, NE

ProsChild care available onsite. Fun events happening all the time.

ConsIf you make right connections with the right families who own this business you can go places. Its a company always trying to become 1 billion company. Management is biased towards relatives and friends working in the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't encourage more sycophancy.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Empowering, performance-oriented culture

ProsSignificant local autonomy and huge belief in the power of individual talent.
    Stimulating environment and colleagues.
    Your opinions count and you really have a voice.
    Performance is everything and is recognized and rewarded.

ConsEmphasis on local autonomy means that sometimes global initiatives are not as cohesive as they should be.

Advice to Senior ManagementVision is highly compelling and motivating, so communicate this more consistently and in greater detail across the company.

Political and lacking in genuine care

Consultant (Former Employee) Sydney (Australia)

ProsSome of the services Gallup offer are very good. They assist organizations to perform better by getting them to pay attention to things that matter in the workplace.

ConsA political organization that doesn't value the work of their employees. Training was too little too late and at a very superficial level. I originally had a very supportive manager but after he left, the management team were arrogant and lacked a genuine concern for their employees and their customers. It became all about generating fees, regardless of value to client and regardless of our ability to deliver the services.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart thinking about how you can balance your charges with the real benefits you can offer your clients. Don't value employees who lack any real moral compass because they bring in more business.

Caring Supervisors, Monotonous Work

Telephone Interviewer (Current Employee) Lincoln, NE

ProsI love the care supervisors have for their employees. Managers are heavily bonused on how well their team performs. The schedule is very flexible and I can't say enough good things about their tuition reimbursement program. Employee owned.

ConsYou are only paid for time you spend on the phone producing. Essentially, you are paid per survey. Some managers become very stressed which limits their patience at times. Most of the time this isn't a problem but it does come up.

Beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Outbound Interviewer (Former Employee) Bellevue, NE

ProsYou pick your own hours

ConsI quit gallup and they didn't pay me for all my hours, and bumped my wage down to 7.25 an hour

Advice to Senior ManagementPay people what you tell them they are going to make.

Toxic and horrific workplace environment. Believe the other bad reviews.

Senior Consultant (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsA few smart colleagues, and I mean few.

ConsThere is very little consulting that actually happens and it is all about pushing their measuring tools on to clients- like used car salesmen. Tools are outdated and have no value, yet Gallup charges overcharges clients for all the work they do. There is no development program nor do they encourage "well being." You will work 100 hours a week with horrible pay. Managers have no problems making threats and you live in a constantly fearful environment. Almost everyone I worked with was miserable, except for a few favorites who get away with anything and treat others horribly. Gallup sells tools for employee engagement, well being, and customer experience but they never utilize their own tools.I cannot say enough how terrible this place is to be at. If you are a smart person with a good degree, do not be fooled by the name. The family bought the Gallup name and does not live up to the legacy. Anyone who was ever good at Gallup left. And continues to do so. Run as fast as you can and apply somewhere else. You will be very glad you did. I promise.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone. Management doesn't care or listen and knowingly puts up false reviews of the company to mask the actual reviews. If I had to give advice I would say to stop putting up fake reviews of your company on this site.

If you can deal with the people, fantastic job

Interviewer (Current Employee) Omaha, NE

ProsYou can make great money if you are good at the job. If you are dialing consistently, you can make bank. You create your own hours each week, and it's an overall flexible and easy going work environment.

ConsJust takes some tough skin when people are uncooperative, but really there are enough nice people to outweigh the bad. You are confined to a desk and sitting/standing in one area. The job is boring, but allows you to read or do other things while you are working.

Great for students

Associate Interviewer (Former Employee) Omaha, NE

ProsKnowledge gained in training helps tremendously, but ultimately you'll find your niche. The flexibility is great and the extra pay for efficiency is a nice incentive.

ConsCan be overwhelming and demotivating on off-days. Accumulation of hours needed to make up can be stressful, especially during mid-terms and finals, so plan accordingly.

Worked for Gallup? Contribute to the Community!