Gambino's pizza Reviews

CEO

1. Manager

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Gambino's pizza full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The owners here are very hands on most of the time. At our store I work side by side with her and she is always helpful and never condescending. The work is not too hard, but that is not to be confused with the absence of hard work. As long as you do your job correctly and quickly it is a walk in the park. I also like the people at my store. I have made many important friends through working in these small teams.

Cons

Just like every other customer service job, you have to put up with those crazy/rude customers. Also they pay, but that's just the whole industry of food so it's hard to say that specifically about Gambino's.

Advice to Management

Hire less teens if possible. I know finding suitable candidates can be hard but teens are fickle and if you don't want to deal with that then don't hire them. At our store the hours are weird so it's hard to have a good schedule for food and life outside.

2. Great Pizza, Poor Management

Former Employee - Cashier, Pizza Maker in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Cashier, Pizza Maker in Detroit, MI

I worked at Gambino's pizza part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pizza is the best I've ever had and the overall experience was a good one. The training was simple and I was able to pick up the flow very quickly.

Cons

You are your role and that's it. I was unable to give advice to the owner in terms of marketing or when I actually did my advice was shot down or held into account with very little value, despite me having experience in social media marketing. Most people were scared of him instead of actually respecting him and knowing that this is a person that they could go to if in need of assistance. Coworkers took advantage of the leniency provided to them and this factor also contributed to the restaurant's downfall.

3. It's a job for now.

Current Employee - Food Maker, Cashier, Delivery in La Crosse, KS
    Current Employee - Food Maker, Cashier, Delivery in La Crosse, KS

I have been working at Gambino's pizza part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the people you see everyday

Cons

not enough pay so I can't work full time because I can't afford day care

5. Great hourly job

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Manhattan, KS
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Manhattan, KS

I have been working at Gambino's pizza

Pros

Free pizza at the end of shifts, good hourly pay for someone looking to work in an industry like fast food, and delivery tips on top of 7.50 hour is always nice.

Cons

Where i worked you had to have superiority in the company to get off the times you wanted. I worked in a college town so time off for holidays and spring break was hard to come by.

Advice to Management

Take in more considerations when deciding to give people time off from work. Pay managers more for being promoted because no one wants to be promoted and make less.

6. Gambino's Pizza is a very efficient, popular place in our town that serves great food, and I am proud to be an employee!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alma, KS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alma, KS

I have been working at Gambino's pizza

Pros

The boss is a hard worker and very succesful business owner! It is a very popular restaurant in our town.

Cons

There is a lot to do to keep the place running smoothly, but all in all it is very rewarding.

Advice to Management

The more experienced employees are very good about working with and training new employees. They are very patient and helpful.

7. Okay for fast food

Former Employee - Cook, Fast Food
    Former Employee - Cook, Fast Food

I worked at Gambino's pizza

Pros

Workable hours, easy work, most of the time you work with people that are the same as you so pretty easy to get along with

Cons

Management feels like it is penny pushing and sees employees as machines. Really hot working by a four hundred and forty degree oven.

Advice to Management

Don't look at employees as machines, make sure that the working conditions are conducive to working at a fast food restaurant

8. good place most of time

I have been working at Gambino's pizza

Pros

good pizza that you can eat on your break

Cons

air condition sometimes works not good

RSS Feed </> Embed