Gambit Technologies

Updated Jan 13, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Mike Ellis

Great place to start interning

Recruiting Intern (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at Gambit Technologies as an intern for less than a year

ProsGambit is a great place to intern if you want to get into recruiting or HR. They will teach you the basics, secrets and tricks of recruiting. You will walk away from the internship with skills that other companies do not normally take the time to teach and they are skills that companies look for. The work environment, culture and people are great. They are pretty laid back but really know their stuff.

ConsThe internship program was fairly new and not as developed, but they are always open to suggestions and are continuing to improve the program each semester.

Excellent internship experience

Intern (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at Gambit Technologies as an intern for less than a year

ProsI interned at Gambit Technologies during the summer and couldn't have asked for a better experience. Senior management was excellent in teaching about the field of recruiting. The Gambit employees each work together to create a functional team-oriented environment that made the company a pleasure to work for. During my time at Gambit, I learned an exorbitant amount about the industry and came away with excellent career experience and growth

ConsThere were not many downsides to working for Gambit Technologies.

good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Gambit Technologies

Prosnice coworkers to work with

Conscouldn't think any of it

Recruiting Coordinator

I have been working at Gambit Technologies full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat place to start your career. They teach you not only the fundamentals of recruiting but how to be successful in a career. It is a small team where everyone works together for the overall success of the business and personal goals. Even if your interest lies within the HR Generalist space, it is a great place to build a foundation.

ConsWhen I started, there weren't standardized processes and procedures in place. Since then, there has been restructuring, and now a process for everything to help with the flow of business.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis is tough, but I think that there could be more structure around mid and annual reviews for employees.

Great Company for anybody looking to get into Recruiting/HR

Account Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Gambit Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

ProsHands-on training
Exposure to senior management & clients
Opportunity to move to quickly move into management
Open to new ideas
Boutique company

ConsThere are no downsides, if are willing to learn and hardworking you will do very well at Gambit.

Advice to Senior ManagementGambit Technologies is a unique opportunity for anybody that wants to build a career in recruiting and/or Human Resources. When I joined Gambit, I was a recent college graduate with no experience in HR, recruiting or technology but Kevin and Mike truly mentored me and gave me a solid foundation to build my career as an HR professional.

I highly recommend this company to anybody looking to work hard and build their career.

Excellent place to work

Tech Recruiter (Former Employee)

I worked at Gambit Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat work environment and got along with my fellow employees. They have a solid client base as they deal with some of the top companies in the area. I learned the tech side of recruiting which really propelled my career forward. Another major factor ...I was never micromanaged which allowed me to grow and mature which for me was something that is hard to find at most recruiting companies.

Cons....with that said at times I wish I would have been pushed harder, but no complaints

Advice to Senior ManagementReally enjoyed my stay and would recommend highly especially if you want to get into tech recruiting and a friendly work environment

Find elsewhere to start your career

Recruiter (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at Gambit Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros1) The other recruiters I worked with were the biggest pro.
However, this is probably not a logical Pro anymore as most of us left Gambit by now.

2) If you want to (eventually) make a good amount of $$ and learn the ropes from talented recruiters, I can't deny this might be the place.

Cons- Commission may not be paid on time
- "Factory" shop that hires new grads and pays low salary
- Favoritism
- Management is a joke
- Questionable tactics (ethically) to get candidates through process

Advice to Senior ManagementPay commission on time. Organization needed.

good

C# Developer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Gambit Technologies

Prosopen to any new things, you are free to develop new functionalities. and people there are all very friendly and young.

Consthe boss always come to check you since it is a fair small company. but the pay is a little bit low there.

Advice to Senior Managementpretty small team,

Worked for Gambit Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Gambit Technologies reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Gambit Technologies CEO Mike Ellis. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by Gambit Technologies employees.