Ganz

Updated November 3, 2014
Updated November 3, 2014
2.2

Howard Ganz

Pros
  • Ganz does provide a good work life balance as typically you only work about 8 hour days (in 4 reviews)

• Working hours give good work/life balance (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management has a strong disconnect toward understanding what their employees do (in 9 reviews)

• There is high turnover and the customers realize that (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Culture

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative

I worked at Ganz full-time

Pros

Great people to work for, great support.

Cons

Under paid for the amount of work you do. Constant stess of things you cannot control.

For the most part this job was great

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Medford, OR
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Medford, OR

I worked at Ganz full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The pay was very good for Southern Oregon (at the time it was $45k base + a funky commission schedule = $60k). The field expectations are fair, the support staff in Atlanta is okay and my first manager was awesome.

Cons

The CEO and management were demeaning and pushy. My last manager was a 25 year old yahoo who was allowed to remain employed for over 5 years despite employee input. Every year you travel 3 times to Atlanta and 1 to Las Vegas to get familiar with the new releases; these were a waste of time and were on weekends. I was expected to work in the field 1/2 day on Friday, then travel for 10 hours via airplane (I live in a small town) to Atlanta, attend meetings on Saturday and Sunday and fly home Sunday afternoon...and be ready to work on Monday morning. While we were fed well, I don't need to color my catalogs with 300 other people!

Get rid of any demeaning or excessively pushy managers. Experienced sales people do not need their hands held.
    Customers, who are experienced business owners, do not need arrogant managers waltzing in and telling them what to buy.

horrible place and easy lay off.

Former Employee - Designer in Woodbridge, CA
    Former Employee - Designer in Woodbridge, CA

I worked at Ganz full-time (less than an year)

Pros

you will meet lots of good people.

Cons

easy lay off ppl. I was walking 9 month as a full time. I never start any project since I begin my job, lot's of politics and so stupid process. sometimes CEO became a Project Manager and it was super annoying project and super delay.

layoff so easy... one time cut off 150 and ppl crying...I remember and after that layoff 3-4 ppl each week.
    Do not go this place...and worst place ever.

Look elsewhere for a career!

Former Employee - Territory Manager in Wilmington, NC
    Former Employee - Territory Manager in Wilmington, NC

I worked at Ganz full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Building relationships with accounts, flexible work schedule.

Cons

Unrealistic sales expectations, high turnover in reps, upper management out of touch with current economical landscape.

Get with the program. Keep reps around for more than 6-12 months in order to repair the damage caused by the many previous reps in the territory. Stop the back biting, back stabbing, all the underhanded human resource practices (like posting someone's position on CareerBuilder without so much of a meeting to discuss anything wrong).

Wonderful people but an outdated business model

I worked at Ganz full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

As a rep you have great products and get to deal with a variety of customers.

Cons

This company is driven by numbers, as most sales companies are. But the micromanagement is over the top. It reminds me of a sales company from the 70's....still a little behind in the times. There is high turnover and the customers realize that. Management will tell you it's because of bad reps. The pay is very low. You will end up putting more miles on your car than the expense reimbursement will cover.

Bring your pay more in line with today's economy. Build more of a team environment with more team communication. Implement a CRM tool so there is a history of activity with a customer and it isn't so much a guessing game of when and who met with a merchant. Value people who bring experience to the company. Understand that the Ganz name alone isn't going to sell and there are competitor's who have the ability to service....make sure service is as important as the sale.

Love Hate Relationship

Former Employee - Sales & Management
    Former Employee - Sales & Management

I worked at Ganz full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Not working in an office, easy product to sell, building relationships w/ customers.

Cons

I over heard racial remarks coming from a director while I was in management. Also, no African Americans worked in sales during my 7 yrs. w/ the company. I'm not a minority.
    I'm not sure how the company stays in business. All the negative remarks I'm reading here, are the same as I experienced 8 years ago. Only work here if you can not find a job!

Respect your employees. Walk your own talk. Stop allowing managers to pillage territories.

Excellent Company To Work For

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Ganz full-time

Pros

Great Products, Outstanding Sales Support and Training

Cons

Overcoming challenges from previous sales reps.

Horrific--run away while you can.

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Ganz (more than an year)

Pros

Some very nice people in the day to day ranks, and management does treat the folks who've been there for years pretty well--probably because they have limited options at this point and can handle the owner/CEO's tirades.

Cons

Terribly un-sophisticated business for a larger international company. The owner/CEO is a horror show and prone to throwing tantrums. Incredibly non-strategic and clueless within the current digital ecosystem.

Bring in good biz dev people and listen to them

Not a great place to work

I worked at Ganz

Pros

Work out of home office.

Cons

Micromanagement, unrealistic goals. lots of pressure.

Be realistic. Stop micromanaging. Hire a new product developer.

Worst Company I ever worked for

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Boston, MA

I worked at Ganz full-time (less than an year)

Pros

nice sales reps, mostly friendly customers,

Cons

There are no benefits to working for this company. Every sales rep you meet is miserable and complains about their job. Every customer complains about the turnover of sales reps. You are making a poverty level salary and spending a fortune on gas, mileage, parking fees and supplies. They do not even provide the gear to carry the massive amount of samples they give you. The monthly goal you have to sell is told to you initially, BUT the amount your territory is making IS NOT. Once you discover this hidden truth, you realize you will never make the commission of 8%. The reps that have stayed with the company for years, are the ones on the old salary of $45,000 a year and a sales goal of $12,000 a month. They expect you to sell product to customers that they clearly do not want. They have unethical practices as well. You would be wise not to listen to the hype. Trust me, that is all it is is HYPE and lies to lure you in.

You really need to look at the way you are treating your sales representatives. You cannot keep any. Shouldn't that be telling you something?