Garantibank

Be The First To
Add Photos

Ergun Özen

“Great place to work”

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPay & benefits are good. Plenty of PTO and holidays. Able to work without a lot of supervision. Pretty liberal about working from home.

ConsThe company needs to do more to culitvate younger talent. In a short time 5 to 10 year time frame there will be a lack of knowledgeable advisors. Compensation is a struggle because they are always trying to get a little more from the advisors.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Biased management

Junior Receptionist Officer (Former Employee) Cluj-Napoca (Romania)

Pros- The well-known international brand

Cons- Ineffective sales trainings
    - Totally useless phone sessions with the other colleagues (while working! and discussing with clients - so phone on the ear to listen to them, while trying to discuss with clients face-to-face)
    - Stressful targets and stressful team leader
    - No support from the management if willing to relocate

Advice to Senior ManagementIf the management would look more at what every employee can do best, the agency would be more efficient! Also, hiring someone just because he/ she knows how to flattering, but doesn't have any knowledge and doesn't know how to work with the internal software because she doesn't know English is usually a bad idea...

Don't waste time here

Manager (Former Employee) Adana, Adana (Turkey)

ProsBrand management and advertising firm that they working with

ConsEverything, especially branch managers has not any value and capability, managers so rude so harsh communication between employees and area manager. salary is so low, working hours so high, dont waste time and life. dont

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Working at Garanti

Management Trainee (Current Employee) Istanbul (Turkey)

ProsCompany culture. Compensation packages. People.

Garanti is an always-evolving company. Has a strong name in the country as well as globally. Their new partnership with another global giant BBVA has made Garanti a strong player.

Company culture is a plus. Other than the work life, company provides a platform for their employees where they can be more active, such as interest clubs, teams etc.

Many perks and advantages.. health package including dental and eye, discounted products and services from various providers.

People who work at Garanti are selected people from various backgrounds. Garanti believes in its people and willingly invests in them. Various trainee programs or individual classes are made available each year, either to improve a skill set or explore on one of your interests.

ConsLong hours. Sometimes work-life balance gets out of control, but they are actively working to make it significantly better.

Sometimes too much hierarchy. This may be understandable since it is a highly regulated industry and hierarchy is a proactive way of preventing high-impact mistakes.

Dissatisfied training , poor job salary , no intense of HR policy ,

Credits (Current Employee) Amsterdam (Netherlands)

ProsLocation , good foods and beverages , nice friendship.

ConsThese areas of improvement should also be internal components reflective of the bank’s physical and human resources.

A very nice experience!

Infrastructure Officer (Current Employee) Bucharest (Romania)

ProsGood climate, a lot of nice people.

ConsToo much attention to satisfy senior management, sometime forgetting the right goals.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have many treasures in you personnel, don't lose them.

Garanti Bank (Headquarter)

Analyst (Former Employee) Istanbul (Turkey)

ProsNice place to work for

ConsLong working hours, stressful environment

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Great company to work for but not so great managers any more

Project Manager (Former Employee) Istanbul (Turkey)

Pros- A big and rich company, has a lot of power when your manager is willing to provide you opportunities.

Cons- Don't pay high salaries
    - Company is in decline, lost many of it's good managers and employees.
    - The time you spend in the office (whether you work or not) is more important than how much you really contribute.

Advice to Senior Management- Keep an eye on the employees. You've lost a lot of good people, which is the reason why the company is no longer as good as 10 years ago.
    - Current less talented managers are mainly focused on keeping their positions, than being productive.

Interesting sales experience, but stupid and disrespectful employees

TELESALES Representative (Former Employee) Bucharest (Romania)

ProsEducated environment, a few smart people, very neat offices --which is standard for a bank

ConsWorking in a bank environment can be stressful; colleagues are very stuck up and arrogant; also, depends on the colleagues--the previous statement applies mainly to women in middle management; so my point is a few managers were disrespectful and aggressive to me and one other colleague.
    At some point there was some restructuring and, althou they did ask for may opinion on which department i would fit in better, they sent me wherever they wanted; they did not care that I did receive a recommendation to work in the call center

Conditions

Financial Controller (Former Employee) Istanbul (Turkey)

ProsAgresive bank, qualtiy management, Industry leader, good technology

ConsToo much overwork, work-life balance not satisfactory

Worked for Garantibank? Contribute to the Community!