Garda Cash Logistics

Garda Cash Logistics Reviews

Updated Apr 11, 2014

Garda Cash Logistics President and COO Chris Jamroz

Chris Jamroz

Pros:
  • "The pay is great, the hours as a full time employee are always good"
    in 4 reviews
  • "It is a paycheck, they have many hours for you to work well over 40 a week"
    in 4 reviews
Cons:
  • "Long hours sometimes management tries to cut hours"
    in 6 reviews
  • "No Training, No organization, No equipment, Management does not care about the staff, No supplies ie, toilet paper, paper towels, soap, etc"
    in 6 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Difficult work atmosphere

Branch Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Garda Cash Logistics full-time for more than 8 years

ProsSome very dedicated coworkers who have limited resources

ConsAll the pressure placed on branch manager to perform with no support.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet the cash flow improved and re-establish the training department and support your branch managers

Being Lied to... No Communication.

I have been working at Garda Cash Logistics part-time for more than a year

ProsStarted out great, working in a new department, within the area of my old job. Good hours with overtime some weeks with promises of a full time position but then....

Cons.... several months later waiting for my upgrade to full-time everyone else were getting their health insurance papers to sign up and their benefits fully active. Days later I ask what was happening but no real reason was given until a few weeks later when finally it was said the company had place a hold on upgrading part-timers to full-time and I ended up one of several people in the building to not make the cut for whatever reason. And now they are taking advantage of that by cutting my hours close to 10 hours per pay check without a word of them doing so, working very irregular hours some days now, and having no benefits. I have more cons but this will do...

Ok company to work for if you don't want to advance

Armored Truck Driver/Messenger (Former Employee)
Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Garda Cash Logistics full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThere a no Pros to this job the company is a bad company to work for

Consthey will fire you in a heart beat all the decisions on any employees hiring or termination are made from out of town and they don't care how good of employee you been even when you no write ups or late for work in your file in over 10 yrs of employment Now they hire only part time so they don't have to give you any benefits but will work you 40 or 50 hrs and they won't pay overtime till you work over 50 hrs because of a old DOT rule for over the road truck drivers

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The one reason to work here is to get experience so you can move on with your life.

Teller (Former Employee)
Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Garda Cash Logistics full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe pro's were hard to come up with. I would say 2 weeks paid vacation, some of the people were good, didn't have to work weekends,

Conspoor management, pay was based only on how long you have been there, not to mention the longer you worked for the company, the longer it took for you to get a raise. Didn't have a lot of time with family. No chance for advancement, the position you take is the position you stay in.

GARDA CL in name only!!

D/M (Current Employee)

I have been working at Garda Cash Logistics full-time for more than 5 years

ProsIf you are an investor in APAX Partners LLC you are happy about the changes this new owner is force feeding the employees

ConsGarda in Broadview has taken a new view on school customer service. Since APAX has taken over, every experienced, knowledgeable middle manager has been let go. Customers are calling for help but no one is available with knowledge of the business. Result is diminishing customer service and shrinking customer base. Sorry to say this is the APAX business plan for this once growing proud company.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhat can say to people who made the decision to turn over their company to the Investment monster APAX so they could fill the pockets of a few top corporate officers and managers. Number one is the Delicate Flower acting as APAX front man here in the USA.

Sucks! Started working with AT Systems! But when Garda bought company went downward!

Former Admin (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Garda Cash Logistics full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGood for higher VPs to just bank money in their account and drain their employees blood!

ConsToo much work! Never cared about employees, and vendors! Worse place to work!

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to little workers! They are the ones who ran the company, not the ones on top! Who are doing nothing but getting paid top $$$$$!!!

It can be better company, said this way same or better than Brink's

Driver/Messenger (Current Employee)
Orlando, FL

I have been working at Garda Cash Logistics full-time for more than a year

ProsGood pay, Benefits. I think this is the only good in this branch

ConsPoor management, communication is the worst, when I tried to call my piers there is no answer the phone. What if is an a emergency? Who should I call. Even the supervisor took of the messaging from the company phone. Is that allowed.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo be more proactive with their employees and a good relation, maintain happy the employees doesn't mean that you have favoritism it is just that we have families as well and a life. In Orlando, Fl. is not hapenning

Never short on work

Crew Leader (Current Employee)

I have been working at Garda Cash Logistics full-time for more than 8 years

ProsJust to start, this is what I have experienced at the one and only branch of Garda where I have worked. Experience may be different at another branch.

Benefits are decent. Paid vacation, sick pay, safety bonus, licensing is paid for by the company. Health benefits as of late are outrageously expensive, but that is pretty much everywhere.

You will get plenty of hours and work to do. Good job security because they always need people. It's fun to interact with customers and co-workers. Days can be long, but the work altogether is not difficult if you can read delivery manifests, ATM instructions, and follow a daily route sheet. Pay is decent for a no experience required job. Oh, and you get to carry a gun. Am I right?

ConsPay scale is lacking. No opportunity for performance based raises. Only set raises for how long you have worked. And NO OVERTIME until after 50 hours accumulated due to a loophole in the labor contract. Totally legal. And at my particular branch the pay scale is way low because we are more rural and don't generate as much revenue.

Vehicles are in dire need of upkeep. The shop mechanics can't keep up with them. During the summer trucks breaking down is pretty normal. And those trucks get HOT in the summer. The ACs barely work as our trucks are pretty much worn out.

Very inefficient administration. It takes forever to get what you ask for and things are very unorganized.

Severe lack of on the job training. When you're doing delivery/pickup and/or ATM service they simply throw you out there to get to work. Nobody goes with you. If there were people to train on the job it would pay for itself because the employees would learn significantly quicker (ATMs especially) and would then work more efficiently.

But all in all, if you are looking for a temporary or part-time job, this is the place. But as for a career, not so much.

It has been unorganized and dishonesy

Cash Vault Services Coordinator (Current Employee)

I have been working at Garda Cash Logistics full-time for less than a year

ProsPays better than my last job

ConsUnorganized, over-worked, not compensated, lied to often

Very different from any other company I have ever worked for.

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Garda Cash Logistics full-time for less than a year

ProsWill teach you to strive to do better for oneself in life. Would be considered a nice first job introducing one into an entry level position in cash processing world.

ConsManagement shows no concern for the well-being of the employees. Management can be very contradicting. Will make one feel lost, used, and neglected.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should adhere to the saying treat others they way one would want to be treated; respect, empathetic, and truthful just to name a few.

Worked for Garda Cash Logistics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Garda Cash Logistics reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Garda Cash Logistics CEO Chris Jamroz. All 60 reviews posted anonymously by Garda Cash Logistics employees.