Garda Cash Logistics

Updated January 31, 2015
1.8

Garda Cash Logistics Founding President & CEO Stephan Cretier
Stephan Cretier

Pros
  • Coworkers are great, PLENTY of hours, easy work (in 4 reviews)

• The pay is great, the hours as a full time employee are always good (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • No training/unprofessional management/no balance life-work balance/long hours/no security or safety (in 10 reviews)

• No a/c in the summer months wich means basically your riding around in a microwave all day (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Garda's corporate elites puke on their Drivers and Guards daily.

I have been working at Garda Cash Logistics

Pros

Besides being out on route away from the confusion, toxicity, and hysteria that is at our branch and its supervision there really are no pro's.
    Some customers feel bad for us and give us candy, food, and drinks that is a pro.

Cons

Ex JP Morgan banker runs Garda. He was an executive at JP Morgan during their fraud investigation and the 2007 crash that crippled our nations economy (partly responsible in some way I am certain). Now he thinks he can treat our company and people in the same fashion as he did as a banker. All in order for him to retain his pricey, lavish, and overly excessive life style. While we starve in the streets he sleeps with his greens in the sheets.

Pay, low pay, deplorable pay, disgusting pay, pay not worthy of your life, pay not worthy of losing blood, pay not worthy of the sweat we shed, pay not worthy of the backs we break 9-11$ small dollars an hour.Benefits that are just as unworthy. Pay raises what are those, at Garda we don't get those. We do not receive security training despite being a part of the security industry. We receive very little safety training despite being in a job position that has many unique risks and hazards. Trucks are ancient and falling to pieces. You will often have to do a vehicle transfer because the vehicle you started the day with had to be towed away, and the office still expect you to finish you'r route despite the gigantic time delay that a broke down truck will cost you enjoy working from 6am-7pm and getting up at 5am to work at 6am the next day. Scheduling is a nightmare just like management is. Some of the people I work with are good people but the majority are people who are stuck with Garda (exploited for life) and take their hostilities out on you.

I would never ever ever recommend this plantation styled company to anyone not even my worst enemy. I enjoy telling customers how cruddy our work conditions are, as compared to their own. They are often shocked when others reaffirm what I tell them.

Don't do it prospective job applicants. Work for anyone else.

Start listening to Johnny Cash cause this place is heading towards a ring of fire.

Dismal Failure

Current Employee - Guard/Driver in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Guard/Driver in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Garda Cash Logistics full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Gain experience and knowledge.

Cons

Costly benefits, shady management, poor equiptment, lack of care about employees, lack of customer service, lack of overall positive workplace morale

Find another field

Repetitive place of employment.

Current Employee - Teller in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Teller in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Garda Cash Logistics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Repetitive, benefits, training, and teller work

Cons

Communication problems and personal growth

Driver/Messenger

Former Employee - Driver/Messenger in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Driver/Messenger in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Garda Cash Logistics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You will be assigned overtime. The employees including management are not uptight. There is a lot of joking around during pre-route check.

Cons

Rotating schedule
    Unorganized Management
    Risk of being blamed for lost money
    Route may be extended during shift
    High employee turnover
    Trucks constantly beak down

Garda Sucks

Former Employee - Crew Leader in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Crew Leader in Chicago, IL

I worked at Garda Cash Logistics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

good pay and left to your own devices as crew leader

Cons

crappy hours and management doesn't care about it's employees

Do the right thing and take care of your people. They put their lives on the line to protect your assets everyday.

Utter Confusion!

Former Employee - Driver/Messenger in Durham, NC
    Former Employee - Driver/Messenger in Durham, NC

I worked at Garda Cash Logistics part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great Employees that look out for one another. Fantastic Teamwork.

Cons

Long Hard Hours. Anywhere from 12 to 17 hours on the truck. You never know when you will be finished with your Route. Trucks are falling apart, no working gauges, tires that fall off the truck, exhaust fumes in the cab, no A.C. or Heat, Doors that fly open while driving 65 MPH, Trucks that can't do over 45 MPH on the Highway. Compensation is terrible for risking your life, not only guarding the money, but the broken down trucks. Its only a matter of time before someone is seriously injured or killed due to the Unsafe Trucks and Long, Long Hours Driving!!

Invest in newer trucks, Listen to the employees, Cut Route times, Make sure the Routes are in Order, Keep the Customers Happy so you don't lose business. If your scheduled to start work at 6 am it should not be necessary to start around for a half hour to an hour while management decides how to combine routes. Use the FREE Software that is available to Prioritize Routes.

Great for starting, average job

I have been working at Garda Cash Logistics

Pros

Great company to start since the manager hires everyone she interviews. Manager is understanding.

Cons

Working overtime, less pay, supervisors gives attitude sometimes, lot of workload

Give employees a chance

It feels like I work for a Bond villain.

Current Employee - Messenger/Driver in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Messenger/Driver in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Garda Cash Logistics full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

We get paid in currency which can then be spent on goods and services.

The people are great. Not the people running the company mind you, but the people making it work.

Cons

I get the feeling that the corporate entities resent the workers. The COO stopped by the other day and avoided us like the plague. Probably thought somebody would ask him about overtime.

Overtime. You don't get any until you hit 50 hours. There are pending lawsuits regarding this blatant abuse of a vague DOT law.

Our President and COO used to work for JP Morgan during the LIBOR scandal. Now I would never accuse him of taking part in a WIDESPREAD network of FRAUD while working for his previous employer, but the timing of his tenure there and subsequent departure is certainly interesting.

Trucks are rough. Our current batch of mechanics are friendly and hard working, and have honestly turned around most of the trucks. But they look pretty banged up and some are half rusted, which is a nice visual metaphor for the state of the company itself.

Garda is one of those companies that hires low skilled individuals and takes advantage of their life circumstances. It also hires veterans by the dozen to reap tax breaks and cut back on training. It's one of those companies that doesn't really need us, but knows that we need them. It's serfdom at its finest.

Sometimes I wonder what the gun is for - the bad guys, or me.

Worked for Garda for 15 years. The last 7 yrs. was like going to the dentist everyday.

Former Employee - Driver/Messenger in Morgan Hill, CA
    Former Employee - Driver/Messenger in Morgan Hill, CA

I worked at Garda Cash Logistics full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The co-workers, and the customers.

Cons

Upper management and branch manager are totally disconnected from employees.

Open lines of communication with your employees. Let them know they're doing a good job once in a while instead of disciplining and throwing policies and rules at them. Learn how to retain good employees, turnover is a joke.

Worked as cash vault teller

Former Employee - Cash Vault Teller in Stratford, CT
    Former Employee - Cash Vault Teller in Stratford, CT

I worked at Garda Cash Logistics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very easy work. Consistent daily routine

Cons

Dirty facility to work in. Toilets always backed up and filthy break room. Had poor heating and air conditioning when they actually worked

Give employees basics to work in. Clean environment, supplies and working equipment to do our work.

Garda Cash Logistics Photos