Garda Cash Logistics

Updated December 15, 2014
1.7

Garda Cash Logistics Founding President & CEO Stephan Cretier
Stephan Cretier

Pros
  • Coworkers are great, PLENTY of hours, easy work (in 4 reviews)

• The pay is great, the hours as a full time employee are always good (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • No training/unprofessional management/no balance life-work balance/long hours/no security or safety (in 10 reviews)

• No a/c in the summer months wich means basically your riding around in a microwave all day (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Great for starting, average job

I have been working at Garda Cash Logistics

Pros

Great company to start since the manager hires everyone she interviews. Manager is understanding.

Cons

Working overtime, less pay, supervisors gives attitude sometimes, lot of workload

Give employees a chance

It feels like I work for a Bond villain.

Current Employee - Messenger/Driver in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Messenger/Driver in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Garda Cash Logistics full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

We get paid in currency which can then be spent on goods and services.

The people are great. Not the people running the company mind you, but the people making it work.

Cons

I get the feeling that the corporate entities resent the workers. The COO stopped by the other day and avoided us like the plague. Probably thought somebody would ask him about overtime.

Overtime. You don't get any until you hit 50 hours. There are pending lawsuits regarding this blatant abuse of a vague DOT law.

Our President and COO used to work for JP Morgan during the LIBOR scandal. Now I would never accuse him of taking part in a WIDESPREAD network of FRAUD while working for his previous employer, but the timing of his tenure there and subsequent departure is certainly interesting.

Trucks are rough. Our current batch of mechanics are friendly and hard working, and have honestly turned around most of the trucks. But they look pretty banged up and some are half rusted, which is a nice visual metaphor for the state of the company itself.

Garda is one of those companies that hires low skilled individuals and takes advantage of their life circumstances. It also hires veterans by the dozen to reap tax breaks and cut back on training. It's one of those companies that doesn't really need us, but knows that we need them. It's serfdom at its finest.

Sometimes I wonder what the gun is for - the bad guys, or me.

Worked as cash vault teller

Former Employee - Cash Vault Teller in Stratford, CT
    Former Employee - Cash Vault Teller in Stratford, CT

I worked at Garda Cash Logistics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very easy work. Consistent daily routine

Cons

Dirty facility to work in. Toilets always backed up and filthy break room. Had poor heating and air conditioning when they actually worked

Give employees basics to work in. Clean environment, supplies and working equipment to do our work.

There is a reason why Union Negotiations are underway

I worked at Garda Cash Logistics

Pros

Great low level workers... just like me

Get to carry a gun if that is your cup of tea

I am kind of happy they terminated me. It has become an enlightening experience which has helped me understand how to defend myself from unjustified hostility; in addition, it help push me into a much better industry. One where I make more money, am respected more, learn more marketable skills, and here I am led by real leadership.

Cons

Low pay, horrible schedules, no leadership, poor future vision, NO TRAINING, and a toxic/sicking work environment supported by oppression and intimidation from management.

The title speaks volumes. Good old Garda is so messed up internally that a Union is teaming up with drivers, guards, vault personnel to help negotiate with the company, so that we could have better working conditions; however Garda has met union members and assemblers with hostility and back door means of punishing.

I was wrongfully terminated on the precises that I wasn't following the companies seat belt policy. Yet the truck that I was driving has multiple reports of the seat belts not functioning on it. Yet those pretrip inspections logs with seat belt damage, include my own, mysteriously disappeared. I believe my termination was due to the fact that I was working on providing the union with information and the company feared this.

I do believe I am a good hard working and honest individual. I want others to know how bad this company is. I also want all my brother and sisters out there who are drives, guards, branch managers, crew supervisors, vault personnel to continue the push for unionization.

This is the only thing to make things better for us.

Stop ram-shackling unionization contracts and work with them, because the changes would lead to a better work environment. And this increases moral which in turn will increase your workforce's total output and performance. Yes paying us more, training us more, equipping us better it is a big loss in the beginning stages; however, it will be a big gain in the future if you can fix your future goals and produce viable/sustainable vision for where you want Garda to be.

Good job if you have no other obligations

Former Employee - Driver/Messenger in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Driver/Messenger in Greenville, SC

I worked at Garda Cash Logistics full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Coworkers are great, PLENTY of hours, easy work

Cons

Trucks are always broken, not a big deal until you realize how hot an armored truck gets. They will fix the air and it will break again the same day. Too many mandatory hours because the turnover is so high. You have to buy your own gun. Good luck getting reimbursed for SLED certification, EACH YEAR. Good luck getting a bulletproof vest that you have to be wearing if you get killed so your family gets the payout. Just not worth the trouble.

Management was great but CEO sucks. No advice because theres no point, when you make so much money you don't care about your bottom workers.

Poor place to work.

Former Employee - Vault Teller
    Former Employee - Vault Teller

I worked at Garda Cash Logistics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Sometimes you work your 40 hours by Wednesday and then you get paid overtime for the rest of the week. Its kind of cool to say you were around that much money. That's it.

Cons

Management treats employees poorly, no matter how long they have been there. There is no respect for lower-level employees even though without them, nothing would get done.

Don't use scare tactics all the time. Positive reinforcement can be a good thing. Constantly berating people and telling them they are doing their job poorly when you are not in a position to help them is not productive, nor does it build morale.

Worst Company Ever

Current Employee - Driver/Messenger in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Driver/Messenger in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Garda Cash Logistics full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

It's a paycheck and your not stuck in a office .

Cons

Where do I begin
    Very low pay for the amount of risk we take and hours we work .
    No Overtime after 40 thanks to the department of transportation classifying us as over the road truckers which means we get overtime after 50 hours.
    Typical work day is 10-12 hours a day . Equipment is sub par , trucks constantly breaking down. Hand trucks don't work , computer cradles don't charge. No a/c in the summer months wich means basically your riding around in a microwave all day .
    The trucks are death traps.
    No training , unless you seek it out yourself wich most of do at our own expense because it's our life that's on the line not management.
    Management has no leadership skills , no accountability for anything. No matter what happens its your fault!! No exceptions. Constantly threaten with termination , policies change on a hourly basis and you are provided no copies of what the new policies are.
    Just hands down worst company ever.
    OSHA and the Dept of labor need to investigate this place. So many violations . Messenger s get paid crap while tellers and rookies get basically whatever they want .

Take care of your people .

Worst in its industry

Former Employee - Armed Guard/Driver in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Armed Guard/Driver in Chicago, IL

I worked at Garda Cash Logistics full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You are pretty much independent and left alone when you are out on route. Some good crew members to work with, and some that might actually become friends.

Putting in my two week notice was my greatest reward here.

Cons

Worst cash logistics company in the industry. Reinforced by its lowest pay, worst hours, lowest charges to customers, customer and employee dissatisfaction, lacking organization and leadership, and above all sub-standard work environment, equipment, and lacking training.

Thinking of getting a job with Garda? keep this in mind... it is only a job not a career and not worthy of the risks you will face everyday for such low income and sub-par training; additionally, leadership and management will do nothing but give you headaches.

If you take the job look forward to frustration and disappointment everyday. This is always a given here.

Sell the company to another corporation, because it's obvious you have little regard for this industry. All we are to you is a medium to your money.

Your current administrative policy of lacking compassion and indifference is disgustingly regurgitating. Your high turn over proves other guards and drivers support that fact.

Neglected

Former Employee - Armed Guard/Driver in Baton Rouge, LA
    Former Employee - Armed Guard/Driver in Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at Garda Cash Logistics part-time (less than an year)

Pros

There are no good reasons to work at Garda... its a check at the end of a day.... go right a head and try it... you will learn.

Cons

Worst con here is the pay and the fact that your head is held over the chopping block for any little mistake you or Others make.

Downsides are bountiful and as an employee you will be neglected on many levels. Advice seek employment elsewhere.

The culture you have created and the goals you seek to prioritize over your staffs safety is deplorable.

You have much work to do to change the negative impressions you laminate onto your workforce.

Great guys on route to work with, but hard work to get off at descent time

Former Employee - Driver/Messenger Armed in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Driver/Messenger Armed in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Garda Cash Logistics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Minimum supervision on route
    Pace and operations ddictated by driver and messenger
    Weapons training

Cons

Work outside I'm all weather conditions
    The fastest you go will still be an long shift
    Physical tolling to lift coin boxes sometimes
    pay could be higher for amount of danger and responsibilities

Increase pay. Try not to have disparity in routes

Garda Cash Logistics Photos