Garda Cash Logistics

Updated October 28, 2014
1.7

Garda Cash Logistics Founding President & CEO Stephan Cretier
Stephan Cretier

Pros
  • The pay is great, the hours as a full time employee are always good (in 4 reviews)

• Coworkers are great, PLENTY of hours, easy work (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • No a/c in the summer months wich means basically your riding around in a microwave all day (in 5 reviews)

• No training/unprofessional management/no balance life-work balance/long hours/no security or safety (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

According to my work experience in Garda cash logistics company , Its a very good company in USA.

Current Employee - Teller in Long Island City, NY
    Current Employee - Teller in Long Island City, NY

I have been working at Garda Cash Logistics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

All of the company policies, Values is good.

Cons

Its a growing company . Its better place to progress in future.

Every 1-2 weeks make a small meeting with the Employee Discuss with them about work . We are working as a team . Team work is very important . Employee Satisfy - Customer satisfy - More Revenue.

A lot of responsibility for a little money

Current Employee - Teller in Smyrna, GA
    Current Employee - Teller in Smyrna, GA

I have been working at Garda Cash Logistics part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Can't say that there are any pros.

Cons

Much is expected from their employees, yet they pay so little. No shift differential, but work can extend to 4 am. Then they wonder why people make mistakes. Change is good, but not when it isn't across the board, and done for the convenience of management.

Don't work here!

I have been working at Garda Cash Logistics full-time

Pros

The only thing I can think of is my co-workers

Cons

Poor pay, poor benefits, poor equipment, poor management, etc.,

Learn how to treat your employees

Former Employee - Driver/Messenger in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Driver/Messenger in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Garda Cash Logistics full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Management is awful need to be trained how to run a operations and also how to treat employees they do what ever they want and also respect the association.

Cons

Trucks Are ALWAYS Messed Up They Want You To Do Your Route Fast To Save The MO NY And When Something Goes Wrong And Don't Back You Up And MOSS Cases You Will Get IN Trouble.

Learn how to treat employees and if you messed up own up to it instead of using a employee to blame it on

Good people @ work .

I have been working at Garda Cash Logistics

Pros

None just knowing your coworkers and doing your shift.

Cons

Trucks are awful berly work paint all coming off trucks looking unprofessional. No a/c mechanics are only allowed certain budget a month for parts. And management is awful no communication nobody wants to take responsibility they don't know what they are doing they avoid customers. As a messenger you have to take the hit from customers because of management. Other companies look @ us like a joke benefits are useless keep away from this company there steady losing customers left and right

Train or close down

Terrible place to work, very poor management, poor security. RUN

Former Employee - Coin Room Teller in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Coin Room Teller in Louisville, KY

I worked at Garda Cash Logistics (less than an year)

Pros

It's a job and a paycheck

Cons

terrible place run! do not work here unless you can't get another job

start over

Just over broke (JOB)

Current Employee - Armed Guard/Driver in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Armed Guard/Driver in Miami, FL

I have been working at Garda Cash Logistics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Uniforms are acceptable and provided to you, but usually in used conditions or poorly fitted.

Cons

Work here as a last resort

Garda thinks its a business with zero responsibility towards security or safety. They do not train their staff well, keep them safe, or pay them accordingly. They would rather act like a logistical company than the paramilitary organization that they actually are. Even if they were just a logistics company they would be a poor one, out of business in no time.

Company is mismanaged on purpose

I highly doubt you have ever done the job of driving/guarding a truck route holding valuables. I know this because the decisions you make have no consideration for what it is we do. You seem more like book read security experts. Which, is like making a military with only book read soldiers.

You'r lack of experiences and understanding of what we do comes from a lack of empathy. It also reinforces that you value greed before safety and in essence our lives or well-being. You are successful businessmen who know how to cut all the corners to keep the cash flowing to your pockets, but you are not leaders. You are not worth the efforts or expectations you set for your drivers or guards. Garda is not worthy of laying down your life.

Stop being money hungry and greedy degenerates... Have some empathy "holster up, learn how to double tap, and muscle around a few 40 pond cases of coin," on a multitude of routes for a year. That would butter you up to what we go threw.

Garda needs to realize people dye because of it! Therefore you are way more than a business (your a security) Start acting like one.

17 years with the company and its predecessor

Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Pasadena, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Garda Cash Logistics full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

It was growing and provided a lot of opportunities. Compensation is good. Benefit packages are adequate. It can be a place for a solid career.

Cons

The culture has become non-friendly to employees. There is a sense that the company and its employees are on a treadmill making the same type of progress. Not sufficient investment in training and tools.

There needs to be more sense of employee centered focus.

(Cash Teller) Disorganized + No proper training

Current Employee - Cash Vault Services Teller
    Current Employee - Cash Vault Services Teller

I have been working at Garda Cash Logistics full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Decent pay. Overtime available.

Cons

Training is non existent. My training consisted of management on the phone with IT working out computer issues while the trainees stood around learning nothing. I like my supervisor...

No set work schedule. The end of first shift rangers from 430-830 pm depending on the work load and if your coworkers come to work.. High productivity work environment. Be prepared to be BUSY all day

HR/benefits team is not available through email or phone call. Leave voice-mails but no one calls you back?

Direct hire people -- Stop hiring temps. Get a proper training schedule

Insincere, Unprofessional, Dishonest

Former Employee - Prefer Not to Say - Management in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Prefer Not to Say - Management in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Garda Cash Logistics full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

It is a global corporation so name recognition is decent. They talk a good game.

Cons

Employees are welcomed and given the impression they are "part of the team" but in reality they are just being used. The company does not invest enough into training or equipment. They are very unprofessional in appearance, company standards, consistency, and management. There exists a lack of general integrity in this organization with senior management giving the impression of honesty while being everything but.

I do believe this company is beyond repair. My advice to those considering this company? Look elsewhere. They are looking solely at the numbers and don't care how they generate those numbers. The "Garda Cares" campaign is brilliant marketing, but they really don't. A few donations here and there does not make up for the lack of substance at Garda. Obviously I will remain anonymous but the stories I could share would prove everything I have shared.

Garda Cash Logistics Photos