Garda Cash Logistics Reviews

• Saint Louis, MO
1.0
Garda Cash Logistics Founding President & CEO Stephan Cretier
Stephan Cretier

It feels like I work for a Bond villain.

Current Employee - Messenger/Driver in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Messenger/Driver in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Garda Cash Logistics full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

We get paid in currency which can then be spent on goods and services.

The people are great. Not the people running the company mind you, but the people making it work.

Cons

I get the feeling that the corporate entities resent the workers. The COO stopped by the other day and avoided us like the plague. Probably thought somebody would ask him about overtime.

Overtime. You don't get any until you hit 50 hours. There are pending lawsuits regarding this blatant abuse of a vague DOT law.

Our President and COO used to work for JP Morgan during the LIBOR scandal. Now I would never accuse him of taking part in a WIDESPREAD network of FRAUD while working for his previous employer, but the timing of his tenure there and subsequent departure is certainly interesting.

Trucks are rough. Our current batch of mechanics are friendly and hard working, and have honestly turned around most of the trucks. But they look pretty banged up and some are half rusted, which is a nice visual metaphor for the state of the company itself.

Garda is one of those companies that hires low skilled individuals and takes advantage of their life circumstances. It also hires veterans by the dozen to reap tax breaks and cut back on training. It's one of those companies that doesn't really need us, but knows that we need them. It's serfdom at its finest.

Sometimes I wonder what the gun is for - the bad guys, or me.

Ok company to work for if you don't want to advance

Former Employee - Armored Truck Driver/Messenger in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Armored Truck Driver/Messenger in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Garda Cash Logistics full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There a no Pros to this job the company is a bad company to work for

Cons

they will fire you in a heart beat all the decisions on any employees hiring or termination are made from out of town and they don't care how good of employee you been even when you no write ups or late for work in your file in over 10 yrs of employment Now they hire only part time so they don't have to give you any benefits but will work you 40 or 50 hrs and they won't pay overtime till you work over 50 hrs because of a old DOT rule for over the road truck drivers

Garda Cash Logistics Photos