Garda World Security Reviews

Reset
2.3
Garda World Security Chairman, President, CEO Stéphan D. Crétier
Stéphan D. Crétier

Pros
  • Full-time employment is stable and reliable (in 3 reviews)

• Get to wear a gun and a uniform that holds a symbol of responsibility and respect (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • This is why no one I work with views Garda as a home or life choice (in 4 reviews)

• Very long hours in very unsafe vehicles absolutely no one thta thinks safety to go to no one large disconnect from the branch to Garda cash logistics (in 3 reviews)

1. Security Guard

Pros

Very Friendly co-workers. Good policies and procedures. Flexibility to swap shifts. Lots of overtime.

Cons

Sometimes communication is not uniform. Seems like every guard tries to follow own rules.

Advice to Management

Create better teamwork.

2. Decent wage but bad management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Pros

Generally Good wages and fellow employees

Cons

Managements is very disorganized at times.

3. Garda World

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at Garda World Security full-time

Pros

if you are a individual who has great english and has previous experiance you are more likely to be placed on to full time

Cons

those who are on casual work tend to get lost in the system as it would apear the office dosn't stop hiring ever.

Advice to Management

reduce the amount of guards you currently have and work the good guards you have full time.

5. armed guard

Current Employee - Armed Security Officer in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Armed Security Officer in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Garda World Security part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

there is no pros to working at garda

Cons

horrible company to work for stay away

Advice to Management

learn how to manage

6. Organize Employee Management Practices

Current Employee - Premium Security Guard
    Current Employee - Premium Security Guard

I have been working at Garda World Security part-time

Pros

-Available hours and overtime -flexible hours -fair health and dental coverage

Cons

-Various changes due to new purchase of premium protection guards

Advice to Management

There should be more consistency in the management/head office practices. Set guidelines and supervision should be placed in the matter of handling employee requests to ensure inquiries/requests are handled in a timely fashion.

7. good company to work for.

Former Contractor - Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I worked at Garda World Security as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

good management and welfare of employers

Cons

pay and rotation very poor compared to other companies

8. Preboard screening officer

Pros

Strong union, great people, good pay.

Cons

Sometimes management only seem to care about their qoutas

9. Unhappy experience

Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer
    Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

Pros

There's always work. Thats it.

Cons

They are unorganized and most of the scheduling team don't know their directions or even information! I had prior experience with security and have worked everywhere from condos to private properties. From vehicle searches to contractor watches. Yet when I try to contact management to increase my pay for my experience and knowledge in in this industry, they ignore you. I worked for a different company and made more than I do with Garda but then Garda bought my previous company and my pay went to minimum wage.... Unprofessional is one word to describe this "company".

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees or at least the ones that are real help to the company. Stop being greedy and get professional.

10. Not Professional

Former Employee - Background Screener in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Background Screener in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Pros

Great opportunity for very entry level position. Hired on the spot.

Cons

Unprofessional, mundane, repetitive, bad company culture.

11. GardaWorld Armored Car is Excellent!

Former Employee - Armed Guard/Armed Driver/Messenger in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Armed Guard/Armed Driver/Messenger in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I worked at Garda World Security full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I know people's experience with this company varies based on location, but this is my review based on my experience in Alberta, Edmonton and it's smaller satellite branches. - Lots of travel - Intensive hiring process - Great uniforms and equipment - Great firearms and use of force instructors - Policy, law and use of force training very in-depth - Company is currently modernizing their arsenal and vehicles - Unionized environment and yearly raises - Get to learn a variety of duties and positions as you progress from Armed Guard to Armed Driver and then ultimately Messenger/Crew Chief - Job is a great springboard for law enforcement because of the duties, trust, equipment, pace and integrity involved. - If you are easy to get a long with and do your job properly, you will never have problems and working with colleagues will be a blast. - Depending on where you get hired, you will get 40 hours and then some. Some branches have more OT than you can shake a stick at. There is the potential for serious dough. - Management is generally reasonable with you and willing to hear your concerns. - If you are single and willing to travel, company is willing to fly out you to short handed branches for short-to-medium amounts of time and will house and feed you. - Decent wage, pension and good benefits. Even though I went on to be a PO, I had so much fun working on the armored car that sometimes I wish I could give up the badge to go back.

Cons

- Some runs are just too overloaded for 1 armoured car crew to do by themselves. - Sometimes expected to make emergency deliveries in blinding snow storms and blizzards or in other extremely dangerous/death defying driving conditions. - While older vehicles are being replaced with new and more modern ones as time goes on, some of the older vehicles that are still around are awful and will break down on a consistent basis making a run a complete nightmare. - Sort of a con but is to be expected -- you will deal with a lot of weird, off-base and shady people who will make comments about your gun, armor, how much money is in the truck and so forth. - Sometimes there will be someone you just won't get a long with. Working with them on a consistent basis is difficult. Especially when you're in a closed space for 8-12 hours and it's only a 2-3 man crew. - One-offs (1-man crews) are a little too dangerous for comfort sometimes as there is no back-up (only applicable to certain locations) - No formal log book training. - If you're not looking for it, mandatory OT can ruin your work/life balance.

Advice to Management

- Be reasonable when it comes to extreme driving conditions and officer safety. - Spread some of the work out more evenly between crews during runs to reduce stress and allow for more reasonable delivery times - All new hires should be required to take a dedicated logbook course. Logbooks are very confusing at first.

RSS Feed </> Embed