Garda World Security

Add Photos

Garda World Security Chairman, President, CEO Stéphan D. Crétier

Stéphan D. Crétier

21 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Shouldn't be in business, such a joke

Security Guard (Former Employee) Windsor, ON (Canada)

ProsCant think of any, non zip..

ConsTell you your going top get full time, then bring in more pt employee's to make sure you don't get full time, which means no benefits, 6 months, one pair of pants , one shirt, how's that for being professional, The only reason I give you one star, is because they don't have any more lower options, or you would get a minus , Garda doesnt want to send me my last check, its been a month now , and still haven't received it, going to the labour board very soon. If you want to be used to the fullest extent , try this place,, good luck you'll need it.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet one, you sit in your office all day , why don't you visit your sites, and show some kind of leadership, again what a joke of a company...

Very Unprofessional Recruiters!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Calgary, AB (Canada)

ProsNothing really, other than the location and free parking

ConsRecruiters are very unprofessional, ask questions very irrelevant to position.
    Compensation offered well below market rate!

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people with experience to work on your Recruitment so that you can get best quality candidates hired.

Co-workers from other companies warned me about Garda, they were right!!!!

Security Guard (Current Employee) Barrie, ON (Canada)

ProsThe ONLY reason that I'm still here is the fact that it's full time and convient to my residence!

ConsThis company does not show any interest in their employee's and even try to leave you stranded at the job site for extra hours, without your knowledge!!

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on your communication with your employee's PLEASE!!!!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Disgusted

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsBenefit package from local union, and that's with NO help from Garda

ConsDispatch officers are RUDE, well more like IGNORANT
    Management does NOT address issues in a timely matter
    Schedulers are NOT on top of things, they complain about your vacations, like I'm NOT suppose to take them.....DUH,,, you take yours, don't you !!!??!!!!
    The provide little if ANY of your Union information, they don't want to see you informed..
    I have NEVER disliked a job or company in my WHOLE entire life, that in it;s self is SAD
    The Human Resource employers are actually VERY immature and silly and BULLIES !!!
    Garda says they will give you proper training, more like NOT, I worked at a job for 3 hours and they left me on my own in a condominium, DOWNToWN TORONTO, on a FRIDAY night.. HELLLOO !!

My overall impression of GARDA is this:

I would rather be jobless..!!!!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementHave your Head Office and Over night staff, take a lesson is in importance, respect and compassion. They are the MOST rude people I have EVER dealt with, EVER !!!!

Stay away from this company, horrible treatment of employees.

Security Guard (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsHonestly i can't think of any? they treat you like crap, and expect way to much for what they pay!

ConsYou can never get a day off from dispatch, they will wine, complain and threaten with loss of employment if you dare ask. Going above dispatch doesn't help either, no one cares, your only a number to them and that number is disposable.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart treating your employees with respect they deserve. Reorganize the company structure so lower employees are treated with respect and replace dispatch with people who like what they do!

Grey cup then floater then no shifts then "let go"

Security Guard (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsGot to meet some decent guards and had some relaxed sites. Uniforms are free and they offer free training, but you don't get paid for it.

ConsSupervisors are control freaks and look for any faults. You're surrounded by uneducated people who think their cops, completely unorganized structure. No hours and you worked for minimum wage. The more experienced guards are cynical because they realized they can't be cops and they're stuck at Garda, so they end up taking it out on the newbies. You can tell no one wants to be there, even the guy who ran my orientation flat out told us he's trying to join tps. The atmosphere is just depressing and just plain negative.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhat is there to say you guys offer contract security.

a little chaotic

Security Guard (Current Employee) Fort McMurray, AB (Canada)

Prosgood place for experience, and can be employed quickly as there's always vacancies. Just get your security licence and you're good to go.

Consmanagement out of touch and they dont care about employee issues. Incredibly high staff turnover, but that seems to be the norm in the security industry around here

Advice to Senior Managementspare a moment to listen to employee grieveances

Great for entry, but not as good as you think

Security Guard (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

Pros-Provides steady income
    -looks good on resume
    -solid company polices, most things on the book

if you ever come up to a chance for a better employment opportunity, which you will, go for it, do not think Garda will treat you well, its the same as every other company even if, and especially because it is the largest company right now. Pay and job title speaks words, company name speak little.

Cons-office politics when it comes to complaints and something needs to be done
    -poor benifits package
    -integrity to the company is punished
    -you have to consider the union fees in your wage

if you are about to do something site or company general approved of but not on paper, make sure you do it smartly, do not get caught, company will never save you for your integrity to the company.
    if there is ever some sticky situation, if you can do something about it, and if you can choose not to, just don't do it, call mobile, call the client, don't get your own hands dirty because of it, the union, the company DOES NOT have your back covered.

Advice to Senior Managementpreference to seniority, even when they are in the wrong is never the best idea. If they can, they will, don't forget that.

It's big but not the best

Security Guard (Current Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

ProsThe pay is decent when you add up all the premiums, you get to work in different environment very other day, you meet different kind people if you're lucky you might get a good contract with a stable salary.

ConsThey don't care about their employees's we'll being, not a career job and money is more important then the staff. Have been working for almost 8 years, I've been in many life and death situation while on duty and I've never received a letter to acknowledge my action.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart caring.

Garda - Not Great

Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) Ottawa, ON (Canada)

ProsGarda are a huge international mult facet business. So you know they are not going anywhere like Aeroguard.

ConsThey are so big they don't take the time to build solid working relationships with thier staff and treat everyone like a number. Management sit in the back office and work with numbers then complain to the staff if they are not hitting the magical metrics that they need to look good. If you ask those Manager's how to change the numbers they will not be able to give any answers that add value.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your staff that work on the floor and have been doing the job for years. They are going to be able to tell you the areas of improvement required and where things need to get better. The so called management staff that work in the back offices who think they know the best thing for the business do not work on the floor in the actual work environment and do not know what they are doing. Management preach culture and values but do not uphold it or notify staff about what it is.

Worked for Garda World Security? Contribute to the Community!