Garda World Security

Add Photos

Garda World Security Chairman, President, CEO Stéphan D. Crétier

Stéphan D. Crétier

Garda Needs improvement

Senior Manager (Current Employee)
    Centreville, VA

ProsSmaller firm in the industry with opportunity for growth

ConsUpper management lack leadership and industry experience

Advice to Senior ManagementGet more involved in the daily activities and communicate with employees on a regular basis

Horrible, fear based management

Office (Current Employee)
    Boca Raton, FL

ProsConstantly too much work and don't pay overtime. Computers break all the time so you can look busy and do nothing....just smile and move fast and nobody gonna bother

ConsPoor attitudes and managers from Montreal Talk down and demean employees. Folks just complain about who be fired next in rif. Poor folk with kids can't afford the insurance

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your bills and maybe trucks will get fixed. Where's all the big sales win money going...not to pay bills or fix stufff

Avoid this company

Business Development Manager (Former Employee)

ProsLots of good, qualified staff at middle and higher levels. Field staff includes many willing to put in long hours to get the job done.

ConsCommitment to service execution is not very good. A culture of modest effort. No effort to respond in a timely fashion to the internal 'customer'. Management does not sufficiently share their real strategies and plans with mid-level ops and sales. Too heavily focused on cutting costs. Not paying vendors properly causing cutoff of vital services impacting service delivery.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest less in buying smaller competitors and use those dollars to prove infrastructure and hire the best branch managers at competitive wages.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Do your research and think carefully before you go to work for Garda!

Would Prefer Not to Say (Former Employee)
    Detroit, MI

ProsHard working dedicated employees, great camaraderie.

Cons15+ hour work days, including weekends and during vacation time for salaried employees, just to attempt to keep up with customer complaints. Management uses fear tactics to drive productivity. Cash flow is short, company does not pay their bills. The truck fleet is old and the company operates with less than half the fleet running on any given day. Customers do not receive the service they pay for, and cannot get responses from the company for days and sometimes weeks. The armored car drivers make less wage than fast-food restaurants pay, and they risk their lives every day, only to get beaten down by management after spending a hot summer day in a broken truck with no A/C. The branches often do not even have toilet paper for employees - and thus morale is non-existent. The sales team is driven to sell more, knowing that operations cannot support additional work. The work environment is unhealthy and the health insurance they offer is the worst I have seen in my long career. The internal politics among management definitely includes favoritism to the cute, blonde women, as opposed to those who have been with the company 20+ years and are most productive.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have empathy for the senior management team, as I do believe they have a conscience, and wonder how they sleep at night?

,.Lies Fake contract, No overtime till 50 hours, unsafe vehicles and anti union goons

Messenger/Driver/Janitor (Current Employee)
    San Antonio, TX

Prosfree water and a fan! A timeclock, handbook and uniform but very unrealistic performnce expections some of the crew guys are great some are just backstabbers and loyal to a very mean regime of goons

ConsIdiot managers, vault and branch and district and regional all of em...stoopid. Very long hours in very unsafe vehicles absolutely no one thta thinks safety to go to no one large disconnect from the branch to Garda cash logistics.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your emplyees, follow the law..FLSA and MCA and FMSCA and get rid of labor agreement ,to the employees!!!!!UNIONIZE or get screwed

Great Company

Security Supervisor (Current Employee)

ProsAlways been treated great. They have shown me great respect. They've been there when I needed help. Pretty much since day one with them I have always had full time work.

ConsIt's a big company so sometimes it takes a bit longer to get stuff. Have had very few problems with them.

Shouldn't be in business, such a joke

Security Guard (Former Employee)
    Windsor, ON (Canada)

ProsCant think of any, non zip..

ConsTell you your going top get full time, then bring in more pt employee's to make sure you don't get full time, which means no benefits, 6 months, one pair of pants , one shirt, how's that for being professional, The only reason I give you one star, is because they don't have any more lower options, or you would get a minus , Garda doesnt want to send me my last check, its been a month now , and still haven't received it, going to the labour board very soon. If you want to be used to the fullest extent , try this place,, good luck you'll need it.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet one, you sit in your office all day , why don't you visit your sites, and show some kind of leadership, again what a joke of a company...

Security guard at golf course

Security Guard (Former Employee)
    Bedford, NS (Canada)

ProsIt was easy work, not stressful or to demanding. I got to be outside in the sun all day out in the country. I never had to deal with anyone being violent or belligerent. My supervisor seemed like a nice, genuine guy

ConsIt was very boring work, mostly I just stood around. It was not fulfilling, and I definitely would not want to be doing it for the rest of my life.

Decent employment, but lots of room to improve

Security Guard (Current Employee)
    Hamilton, ON (Canada)

ProsFriendly management. The company values employee safety and training. Benefits are decent. Full-time employment is stable and reliable.

ConsHamilton area is ridiculously over-staffed. Part-time employment is abysmal. Cannot find job positions anywhere since there is a line-up of a hundred workers looking for positions ahead of you. Management rarely returns phone calls or emails. Frequent errors with payroll that take weeks to correct. Security guards are underpaid and have no room for upward growth. Majority of security guards have extremely poor language skills in an industry where clear communication is an absolute necessity.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your employees a competitive wage. Stop hiring new employees when you're already over-staffed. Stop hiring under-trained and unqualified people for positions. Re-train your payroll staff.

Very Unprofessional Recruiters!

Calgary, AB (Canada)

ProsNothing really, other than the location and free parking

ConsRecruiters are very unprofessional, ask questions very irrelevant to position.
    Compensation offered well below market rate!

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people with experience to work on your Recruitment so that you can get best quality candidates hired.

Worked for Garda World Security? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Garda World Security reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Garda World Security CEO Stéphan D. Crétier. All 29 reviews posted anonymously by Garda World Security employees.