Garda World Security

Add Photos

Garda World Security Chairman, President, CEO Stéphan D. Crétier

Stéphan D. Crétier

Great Company

Security Supervisor (Current Employee)

ProsAlways been treated great. They have shown me great respect. They've been there when I needed help. Pretty much since day one with them I have always had full time work.

ConsIt's a big company so sometimes it takes a bit longer to get stuff. Have had very few problems with them.

One of the best and fastest growing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLots of opportunities for growth with the company and lots of sites to choose from.

ConsThe branch here has too many projects on the go at the same time and sometimes is late dealing with some outstanding issues

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to be fair to employees

Its a good company but now I am waiting for a job and I need to work

Security Agent (Current Employee)
    Montreal, QC (Canada)

ProsIts a good company but when you are new, you have to wait for a job

ConsWhen you are not working, the waiting is killing me

Advice to Senior ManagementWe need a regular job

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I have seen worse, But so far the best

Security Guard (Current Employee)
    Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsThe entry wage is pretty fair to be honest, they don't let you play out of your league and it is a very strict customer service oriented sites, unless if you are working downtown which is a very unique environment for each and every site. But they don't force you to do something you cannot handle.

ConsI don't really see my self advancing to higher positions in this company, the more advance positions (such as mobile and screening) in this company need long term dedication with not half decent pay and a lot of work load. It is really a shame, when you realize you will jump aboard to other companies that are offering more.

Advice to Senior ManagementI am fairly aware of the contract competition, but I would just like to say, It is a job, and not very much a career, the money is what most of the people are in here for.

Decent and fair

Security Coordinator (Current Employee)
    Vancouver, BC (Canada)

ProsManagement is actually involved and cares what employees thing.

ConsSome site are not suited for any guard and some people you work with are not theft good.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemove the poor performers so the rest of us who do hard work can be seen.

Great introduction to the industry for those pursuing enforcement services career

Security Guard (Former Employee)

Prosclimate for communication was always friendly and welcomed.
    Accommodated a student schedule.
    Benefits for full time employees was good
    Unionized environment was very helpful

Cons- No benefits for part time employees
    - Inadequate equipment forced some employees to use own money to purchase tools and materials.

Advice to Senior Management- consider implementing benefits for part time employees
    - Improve resources available for career advancement
    - more on the job training

Security guard at golf course

Security Guard (Former Employee)
    Bedford, NS (Canada)

ProsIt was easy work, not stressful or to demanding. I got to be outside in the sun all day out in the country. I never had to deal with anyone being violent or belligerent. My supervisor seemed like a nice, genuine guy

ConsIt was very boring work, mostly I just stood around. It was not fulfilling, and I definitely would not want to be doing it for the rest of my life.

Decent employment, but lots of room to improve

Security Guard (Current Employee)
    Hamilton, ON (Canada)

ProsFriendly management. The company values employee safety and training. Benefits are decent. Full-time employment is stable and reliable.

ConsHamilton area is ridiculously over-staffed. Part-time employment is abysmal. Cannot find job positions anywhere since there is a line-up of a hundred workers looking for positions ahead of you. Management rarely returns phone calls or emails. Frequent errors with payroll that take weeks to correct. Security guards are underpaid and have no room for upward growth. Majority of security guards have extremely poor language skills in an industry where clear communication is an absolute necessity.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your employees a competitive wage. Stop hiring new employees when you're already over-staffed. Stop hiring under-trained and unqualified people for positions. Re-train your payroll staff.

Repeated Management Reshuffling

Pre-Board Screening Officer (Former Employee)
    Mississauga, ON (Canada)

ProsGreat social atmosphere. Diverse employee base from many nations. Flexible scheduling.

ConsDisorganized management during continual reshuffling processes and contract negotiations. Improvements were made recently and stability is impoving.

Advice to Senior ManagementTransparency and consistency would be appreciated.

Garda World High Threat Operations

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsA reasonable balance between work rotations, conditions of work average for the industry.
    Administrative issues usually resolved quickly.

ConsNot quite fully established with the correct positions / understanding for the high threat division.
    Regular problems with equipment supply and cost cutting due to company bid policy

Advice to Senior ManagementCorrectly establish the high threat division and listen to much of the advice given by those put in management positions. Centralising all decision making only leads to problems, there is little point appointing managers or supervisors when they are not allowed to make decisions, this is reflected in the attitude of those further down the line toward the company.

Worked for Garda World Security? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Garda World Security reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Garda World Security CEO Stéphan D. Crétier. All 29 reviews posted anonymously by Garda World Security employees.