Garda World Security Reviews

Reset
2.2
Garda World Security Chairman, President, CEO Stéphan D. Crétier
Stéphan D. Crétier

Pros
  • Full-time employment is stable and reliable (in 3 reviews)

• Get to wear a gun and a uniform that holds a symbol of responsibility and respect (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • This is why no one I work with views Garda as a home or life choice (in 4 reviews)

• Very long hours in very unsafe vehicles absolutely no one thta thinks safety to go to no one large disconnect from the branch to Garda cash logistics (in 3 reviews)

1. ,.Lies Fake contract, No overtime till 50 hours, unsafe vehicles and anti union goons

Current Employee - Messenger/Driver/Janitor in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Messenger/Driver/Janitor in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Garda World Security full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

free water and a fan! A timeclock, handbook and uniform but very unrealistic performnce expections some of the crew guys are great some are just backstabbers and loyal to a very mean regime of goons

Cons

Idiot managers, vault and branch and district and regional all of em...stoopid. Very long hours in very unsafe vehicles absolutely no one thta thinks safety to go to no one large disconnect from the branch to Garda cash logistics.

Advice to Management

Listen to your emplyees, follow the law..FLSA and MCA and FMSCA and get rid of labor agreement ,to the employees!!!!!UNIONIZE or get screwed

Do your research and think carefully before you go to work for Garda!

Former Employee - Would Prefer Not to Say in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Would Prefer Not to Say in Detroit, MI

I worked at Garda World Security full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Hard working dedicated employees, great camaraderie.

Cons

15+ hour work days, including weekends and during vacation time for salaried employees, just to attempt to keep up with customer complaints. Management uses fear tactics to drive productivity. Cash flow is short, company does not pay their bills. The truck fleet is old and the company operates with less than half the fleet running on any given day. Customers do not receive the service they pay for, and cannot get responses from the company for days and sometimes weeks. The armored car drivers make less wage than fast-food restaurants pay, and they risk their lives every day, only to get beaten down by management after spending a hot summer day in a broken truck with no A/C. The branches often do not even have toilet paper for employees - and thus morale is non-existent. The sales team is driven to sell more, knowing that operations cannot support additional work. The work environment is unhealthy and the health insurance they offer is the worst I have seen in my long career. The internal politics among management definitely includes favoritism to the cute, blonde women, as opposed to those who have been with the company 20+ years and are most productive.

Advice to Management

I have empathy for the senior management team, as I do believe they have a conscience, and wonder how they sleep at night?

Horrible, fear based management

Current Employee - Office in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Office in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Garda World Security full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Constantly too much work and don't pay overtime. Computers break all the time so you can look busy and do nothing....just smile and move fast and nobody gonna bother

Cons

Poor attitudes and managers from Montreal Talk down and demean employees. Folks just complain about who be fired next in rif. Poor folk with kids can't afford the insurance

Advice to Management

Pay your bills and maybe trucks will get fixed. Where's all the big sales win money going...not to pay bills or fix stufff

5. Has Potential but Lacks Effort & Communication

Current Employee - Driver/Messenger in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Driver/Messenger in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Garda World Security full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The only pro to working for GardaWorld is having a job but is it worth it when you know the cons?

Cons

Our trucks are pieced together. Trucks are not being repaired due to the fact of GW failing to pay the shops and nobody will work till the balance is paid. Our uniforms are dirty, the light blue color and grease from the trucks do not mix. We are unable to order uniforms because of the name change. The pay is extremely low for a job that is so physically demanding. We have long hours that vary in time and makes it difficult when you have a family. We are forced to rush through the day (although we do not for safety reasons) and then criticized about the time it took. If you have a family the insurance here will cost nearly half of your income. It's amazing insurance coverage but doubled during the health care reform. I feel horrible for the families here forced to conform to this. All of us 'low level' employees do our best, if we have an issue we do tell our branch manager and he does relay the information... But unfortunately the 'issue' is lost or ignored at the corporate level. All we want is to be heard with actions or a response. We are exhausted but continue to work for our families.

Advice to Management

Listen more to employees, get us new uniforms, equipment, and safer trucks. Give us a reason instead of ignoring the facts, keep us legal in the United States and the Cities we work in. These are all things that any company should have already corrected. If you ignore something it will not go away, it will end up getting somebody injured or fined.

Horrible Hours, Horrible Risks, No Rewards

Former Employee - Messenger/Driver
    Former Employee - Messenger/Driver

I worked at Garda World Security full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Absolutely nothing positive to say.

Cons

No Overtime, took 4 months to get a reimbursement. No work/home life balance. They do NOT maintain the trucks, half the doors don't shut properly, the air doesn't work most of the time, and you can plan to break down and be stuck on the side of the road with millions at least twice a week. Unhappy? Talk to your manager. He will make you feel better for about 5 minutes and then act like you never had a conversation. Safety is the last thing in their mind. There is no accountability for people who constantly call out or don't show up. But why would you want to come to work when you risk your life for $12/hour with no ballistics vest, non locking doors, and no back up plan for breakdowns? Those people that DO go to work get punished for those who don't, by getting 15-20+ stops added to the already 50-60 they were scheduled for. 14-16 hours days are the norm. Turnover of employees is the highest I have ever seen, and I am part of that turnover after how I was treated in the short time I worked there.

Advice to Management

Maintain your trucks, don't abuse your employees and realize that when it comes to keeping employees, you may want to put their lives as a priority over money. If you did that, maybe they would take pride in what they do and care more about protecting YOUR assets.

horrible

I have been working at Garda World Security

Pros

You get to work away from the company.

Cons

terrible pay and benefits. Pay your employees what they are worth

Advice to Management

Treat your people with respect.

No training. No Hope. No Future.

Current Employee - Driver/Messenger in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Driver/Messenger in Portland, OR

I have been working at Garda World Security

Pros

Just need a heart beat a clean record and no hope for the future and you to could work here.

Cons

This is where hope comes to be buried. No communication, no ability to improve. Dead end job no advancement. No training. No hope. No future.

Advice to Management

Invest in people. Security training shows employees matter. This is not a complicated job and pay is limited by the market and industry but there is no reason that this job cant be satisfying and enjoyable. Happy employees means happy customers wich means low turn over. Happy goes far beyond pay and benefits. Additude creates the culture. If employees were happy and satisfied, pay would not be a concern.

Terrible company to work for. Worst

I have been working at Garda World Security

Pros

Nothing. Stress is what you will get. Pay sucks. Benefit sucks. Union is useless

Cons

Filthy place , rats and cockroaches, very smelly, no vent. Like the hood. Very low pay and disrespectful management

Advice to Management

Useless. Just disappear. All of you. Replace management.

10. Beware of Tallahassee Vault

Former Employee - Vault Clerk in Tallahassee, FL
    Former Employee - Vault Clerk in Tallahassee, FL

I worked at Garda World Security full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pretty good salary, and benefits except that they're expensive. Paid holidays if you're fulltime.

Cons

Terrible, terrible management and HR. High stress environment even when you're fantastic at your job. Unsteady work hours, you never know when you'll be getting off so it's very hard to plan for children if you have any, or even any other responsibilities like school. They screw you on paid time off/ sick time. Really hard to schedule time off. Don't you dare call in sick either! No opportunities for advancement. Women are paid less here (yes, for real) and passed over for promotions when they do come available (again, yes, for real).

Advice to Management

Take a management course and work on being tolerant of disabilities and working mothers. I loved my job, but hated how I was treated.

11. Unorganized, unprofessional, inconsistencies

Current Employee - Armed Messenger/Driver in Hampton, VA
    Current Employee - Armed Messenger/Driver in Hampton, VA

I have been working at Garda World Security full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Paycheck. Insurance. For the most part, you usually get at least 30 hours. Not forced to work but every other Saturday.

Cons

Half the trucks should not be on the road, most do not have a working fan let alone air conditioning. There is no organization. Branch Manager and Vault Managers aren't on the same page 90% of the time. There is no room for growth, only lateral moves. The lateral moves aren't posted or offered to anyone, just handed out to whomever they like personally. Poor leadership, negative most of the time, contradictory all of the time.

Advice to Management

Take care of the people who are driving around the money that keeps this company going. Make the working conditions actually humane.

RSS Feed </> Embed