Garda World Security

Be The First To
Add Photos

Garda World Security Chairman, President, CEO Stéphan D. Crétier

Stéphan D. Crétier

I would rather drink sewage than work here again

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere are no, none, zero

Wait... Free toilet paper in washrooms but not always. Broken water fountains that give nothing in the break room. Facilities so old you might be able to get away with an Asbestos law suit claim naming Garda as the plaintiff.

ConsThey will lye to you about how broke the company is. They are not. What is going on is that the top Executives are vampiring the company dry. Once they have made their millions/billions at our expense they will sell the company to a competitor who will more than likely cut our staffing in half to update our dysfunctional and lacking reaming facilities and equipment.

The proof is in the pudding. Executives care more about profits and shareholders than improving the company for any future goals. Trucks and facilities are on their last legs. Held together by duck tape and hangers.

Do not dye or get killed while at work because I hear that they refuse to cover medical expenses or funeral costs.

Have fun working 10-15 hour days multiple times in a row. Due to a multitude of silliness the major one being low staffing levels, because the horrible moral and pay leads most to leave the company or get fire quickly because of asinine company policies.

I could write a book, simply put... run away from this company, this industry, and such ignorant thinking. This company is sinking

Advice to Senior ManagementI know why you managers up top never come running around any of our facilities. Its because you know you are unanimously disliked at all sites, that all of us want change from you, and you don't have the feet to fill the shoes or simply lack the compassion to care about our continual economic molestation from you.

Shouldn't be in business, such a joke

Security Guard (Former Employee) Windsor, ON (Canada)

ProsCant think of any, non zip..

ConsTell you your going top get full time, then bring in more pt employee's to make sure you don't get full time, which means no benefits, 6 months, one pair of pants , one shirt, how's that for being professional, The only reason I give you one star, is because they don't have any more lower options, or you would get a minus , Garda doesnt want to send me my last check, its been a month now , and still haven't received it, going to the labour board very soon. If you want to be used to the fullest extent , try this place,, good luck you'll need it.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet one, you sit in your office all day , why don't you visit your sites, and show some kind of leadership, again what a joke of a company...

Very Unprofessional Recruiters!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Calgary, AB (Canada)

ProsNothing really, other than the location and free parking

ConsRecruiters are very unprofessional, ask questions very irrelevant to position.
    Compensation offered well below market rate!

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people with experience to work on your Recruitment so that you can get best quality candidates hired.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Horrible, fear based management

Office (Current Employee) Boca Raton, FL

ProsConstantly too much work and don't pay overtime. Computers break all the time so you can look busy and do nothing....just smile and move fast and nobody gonna bother

ConsPoor attitudes and managers from Montreal Talk down and demean employees. Folks just complain about who be fired next in rif. Poor folk with kids can't afford the insurance

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your bills and maybe trucks will get fixed. Where's all the big sales win money going...not to pay bills or fix stufff

Do your research and think carefully before you go to work for Garda!

Would Prefer Not to Say (Former Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsHard working dedicated employees, great camaraderie.

Cons15+ hour work days, including weekends and during vacation time for salaried employees, just to attempt to keep up with customer complaints. Management uses fear tactics to drive productivity. Cash flow is short, company does not pay their bills. The truck fleet is old and the company operates with less than half the fleet running on any given day. Customers do not receive the service they pay for, and cannot get responses from the company for days and sometimes weeks. The armored car drivers make less wage than fast-food restaurants pay, and they risk their lives every day, only to get beaten down by management after spending a hot summer day in a broken truck with no A/C. The branches often do not even have toilet paper for employees - and thus morale is non-existent. The sales team is driven to sell more, knowing that operations cannot support additional work. The work environment is unhealthy and the health insurance they offer is the worst I have seen in my long career. The internal politics among management definitely includes favoritism to the cute, blonde women, as opposed to those who have been with the company 20+ years and are most productive.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have empathy for the senior management team, as I do believe they have a conscience, and wonder how they sleep at night?

Co-workers from other companies warned me about Garda, they were right!!!!

Security Guard (Current Employee) Barrie, ON (Canada)

ProsThe ONLY reason that I'm still here is the fact that it's full time and convient to my residence!

ConsThis company does not show any interest in their employee's and even try to leave you stranded at the job site for extra hours, without your knowledge!!

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on your communication with your employee's PLEASE!!!!

,.Lies Fake contract, No overtime till 50 hours, unsafe vehicles and anti union goons

Messenger/Driver/Janitor (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

Prosfree water and a fan! A timeclock, handbook and uniform but very unrealistic performnce expections some of the crew guys are great some are just backstabbers and loyal to a very mean regime of goons

ConsIdiot managers, vault and branch and district and regional all of em...stoopid. Very long hours in very unsafe vehicles absolutely no one thta thinks safety to go to no one large disconnect from the branch to Garda cash logistics.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your emplyees, follow the law..FLSA and MCA and FMSCA and get rid of labor agreement ,to the employees!!!!!UNIONIZE or get screwed

Disgusted

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsBenefit package from local union, and that's with NO help from Garda

ConsDispatch officers are RUDE, well more like IGNORANT
    Management does NOT address issues in a timely matter
    Schedulers are NOT on top of things, they complain about your vacations, like I'm NOT suppose to take them.....DUH,,, you take yours, don't you !!!??!!!!
    The provide little if ANY of your Union information, they don't want to see you informed..
    I have NEVER disliked a job or company in my WHOLE entire life, that in it;s self is SAD
    The Human Resource employers are actually VERY immature and silly and BULLIES !!!
    Garda says they will give you proper training, more like NOT, I worked at a job for 3 hours and they left me on my own in a condominium, DOWNToWN TORONTO, on a FRIDAY night.. HELLLOO !!

My overall impression of GARDA is this:

I would rather be jobless..!!!!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementHave your Head Office and Over night staff, take a lesson is in importance, respect and compassion. They are the MOST rude people I have EVER dealt with, EVER !!!!

Stay away from this company, horrible treatment of employees.

Security Guard (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsHonestly i can't think of any? they treat you like crap, and expect way to much for what they pay!

ConsYou can never get a day off from dispatch, they will wine, complain and threaten with loss of employment if you dare ask. Going above dispatch doesn't help either, no one cares, your only a number to them and that number is disposable.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart treating your employees with respect they deserve. Reorganize the company structure so lower employees are treated with respect and replace dispatch with people who like what they do!

Disconnected

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsCant think of any. Its a tough place to work. Its really behind the times on so many levels.

ConsThe company does not invest into its people. Hence, lack talent to move business forward. Medical plans have outrages family out of pockets expense. There is no 401-k match in any capacity. Hard to hire talent as wages are not in line with the industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to invest into your people and the resources its takes to grow the business. Upgrade the fleet. Outside of California the fleet is a mess. Find a direction and move forward. Stop all the freezes on hiring and then wonder why service is awful.

Worked for Garda World Security? Contribute to the Community!