Garda World Security Reviews

54 reviews filtered by
1.9
Garda World Security Chairman, President, CEO Stéphan D. Crétier
Stéphan D. Crétier

Pros
  • Full-time employment is stable and reliable (in 3 reviews)

• Great place for students to work - really flexible hours, and the payrate was very reasonable for a student summer job in Canada (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • This is why no one I work with views Garda as a home or life choice (in 4 reviews)

• Very long hours in very unsafe vehicles absolutely no one thta thinks safety to go to no one large disconnect from the branch to Garda cash logistics (in 3 reviews)

No training. No Hope. No Future.

Current Employee - Driver/Messenger in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Driver/Messenger in Portland, OR

I have been working at Garda World Security

Pros

Just need a heart beat a clean record and no hope for the future and you to could work here.

Cons

This is where hope comes to be buried. No communication, no ability to improve. Dead end job no advancement. No training. No hope. No future.

Invest in people. Security training shows employees matter. This is not a complicated job and pay is limited by the market and industry but there is no reason that this job cant be satisfying and enjoyable. Happy employees means happy customers wich means low turn over. Happy goes far beyond pay and benefits. Additude creates the culture. If employees were happy and satisfied, pay would not be a concern.

2. Management a mess, Union Useless.

Current Employee - Security Officer - Site Supervisor in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Security Officer - Site Supervisor in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Garda World Security full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

General Camaraderie with coworkers. many site clients very reasonable to work with.

Cons

Branch management treat staff poorly and not the assets they are. They have trouble answering phones and emails. Wages are poor and Union supports management over members as benefits are weak, i.e.-basic benefits, no sick days for illness or family issues, poor support, lack of proper uniforms and proper training.

Get your act together and try working with the staff instead of hiding at office.

3. Garda dont waste your time there

Current Employee - Security Agent in Sherbrooke, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Security Agent in Sherbrooke, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Garda World Security

Pros

Nice uniform, Worldwide company, nothing more

Cons

They were supposed to respect the my schedule of availability send each week
    They send you 60 km away and do not pay km, call you when you're not available, and when you are they don't call you.
    No advantage, treat you as number
    Send you 50 km away for a 3 hrs shift
    Call you last minute

Change the way you treat your employee,

The Neverland Ranch of the Armored Cash Industry

I have been working at Garda World Security

Pros

Lets be completely honest all of the pros are dynamited away by all the cons.

Cons

No leadership, vision, management with backbone, most managers more comparable to Mister Scrooge or the Grinch, no work-life balance (enjoy not knowing your families faces anymore), pay is godawful low, people get shot and killed, people get injured on the job often, safety organizations are fought off like the plague by Garda corporation, just like how they fight unions and good employees willing to speak out, worst of all no training or brotherhood in an industry that should be a career but is only a part timers haven.

You created the deplorable circumstances we are in on purpose. The constant turn over means that you have a fresh supply of uneducated bodies that you can sell you'r lies to. Lets be honest you have no will or want to create positive careers for drivers or guards, because you fear the change that they could bring.

horrible

I have been working at Garda World Security

Pros

You get to work away from the company.

Cons

terrible pay and benefits. Pay your employees what they are worth

Treat your people with respect.

Absolute. Garbage.

Current Employee - Senior Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Manager

I have been working at Garda World Security full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There are no pros. This company is a nightmare to work for. The pay, considering the industry is okay, I guess.

Cons

Even if you set your own schedule, even if you process your own payroll, they somehow manage to mess it up. I'm nearly $2000 behind on my paychecks over FOUR pay periods. Every time I e-mail them, I get the response "We'll look into it ASAP", and despite constant follow-ups, I get no response.

They don't care about their employees, and they would rather lose a contract than pay for something out of their own pockets (even something as miniscule as $40).

Start to listen to your employees, and start to promote the good ones. You have a lot of idiots who somehow move up the food chain, but your hard workers don't.

8. As a mid level manager I found upper management were clueless as to what happens in the checkpoint and the VP's think they know what to do before setting foot on site.

I worked at Garda World Security

Pros

Honestly tough to find one. I left of my own accord although I had peers that were forced out. The best thing I could say is that some of the people I worked with were good at their jobs.

Cons

Upper management think they know best without setting foot in the checkpoint and don't listen to improvement suggestions from those that work there everyday.
    The union only protects employees that should be fired and adds no value to the good employees. They traded away most of their good benefits for things like an extra sick day that they aren't even paid for. So terrible leadership there too.
    Poor management + bad union leaders = awful place to work

I understand the restrictions with CATSA regulations and maybe it would be worthwhile explaining them to the screening officers to give them a greater understanding of the challenges faced by management. Could create more of a cohesive group effort instead of an us vs. them mentality that exists now.

9. Not a good employer, if you're looking for substance...

Former Employee - Security Agent in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Security Agent in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I worked at Garda World Security full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It's work and it can pay you.

Cons

Awful management
    More drama than a high school
    Lack of benefits
    No sick pay
    No vacation days
    Management promoted on a brown-nosing basis
    Management does not take responsibility for actions
    Lack of crisis management
    No training for new employees- employees are assigned to sites way beyond their scope and skills and not offered any additional training in advance as basic security training does not cover most aspects of actual, hands-on securit work
    14 hour+ days with awful overtime

More transparency, treat your employees with respect, and pay them what they deserve. They deal with a lot of situations and don't get paid nearly enough.

10. So unprofessional, they completely under look great leaders

Former Employee - Screening Officer in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Screening Officer in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I worked at Garda World Security full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Pay is the only reason people stay
    hours are brutal beyond words
    clicky lots of groups
    the managment sells drugs

Cons

opps those were as nice as pros can be...
    clicks
    hours
    management
    disrespect

Desperately needs to change

Current Employee - Armed Guard/Driver in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Armed Guard/Driver in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Garda World Security part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Garda world was not what I expected. They have more in common with Burger King than security or law enforcement

Cons

Its fedex with a gun, without fedex pay, and without fedex union representation... nothing more needs to be said.

Join at your own peril

Stop neglecting your associates.