Garda World Security

Add Photos

Garda World Security Chairman, President, CEO Stéphan D. Crétier

Stéphan D. Crétier

Great Company

Security Supervisor (Current Employee)

ProsAlways been treated great. They have shown me great respect. They've been there when I needed help. Pretty much since day one with them I have always had full time work.

ConsIt's a big company so sometimes it takes a bit longer to get stuff. Have had very few problems with them.

Shouldn't be in business, such a joke

Windsor, ON (Canada)

ProsCant think of any, non zip..

ConsTell you your going top get full time, then bring in more pt employee's to make sure you don't get full time, which means no benefits, 6 months, one pair of pants , one shirt, how's that for being professional, The only reason I give you one star, is because they don't have any more lower options, or you would get a minus , Garda doesnt want to send me my last check, its been a month now , and still haven't received it, going to the labour board very soon. If you want to be used to the fullest extent , try this place,, good luck you'll need it.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet one, you sit in your office all day , why don't you visit your sites, and show some kind of leadership, again what a joke of a company...

Very Unprofessional Recruiters!

Calgary, AB (Canada)

ProsNothing really, other than the location and free parking

ConsRecruiters are very unprofessional, ask questions very irrelevant to position.
    Compensation offered well below market rate!

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people with experience to work on your Recruitment so that you can get best quality candidates hired.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Security guard at golf course

Bedford, NS (Canada)

ProsIt was easy work, not stressful or to demanding. I got to be outside in the sun all day out in the country. I never had to deal with anyone being violent or belligerent. My supervisor seemed like a nice, genuine guy

ConsIt was very boring work, mostly I just stood around. It was not fulfilling, and I definitely would not want to be doing it for the rest of my life.

Decent employment, but lots of room to improve

Security Guard (Current Employee)
    Hamilton, ON (Canada)

ProsFriendly management. The company values employee safety and training. Benefits are decent. Full-time employment is stable and reliable.

ConsHamilton area is ridiculously over-staffed. Part-time employment is abysmal. Cannot find job positions anywhere since there is a line-up of a hundred workers looking for positions ahead of you. Management rarely returns phone calls or emails. Frequent errors with payroll that take weeks to correct. Security guards are underpaid and have no room for upward growth. Majority of security guards have extremely poor language skills in an industry where clear communication is an absolute necessity.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your employees a competitive wage. Stop hiring new employees when you're already over-staffed. Stop hiring under-trained and unqualified people for positions. Re-train your payroll staff.

Grey cup then floater then no shifts then "let go"

Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsGot to meet some decent guards and had some relaxed sites. Uniforms are free and they offer free training, but you don't get paid for it.

ConsSupervisors are control freaks and look for any faults. You're surrounded by uneducated people who think their cops, completely unorganized structure. No hours and you worked for minimum wage. The more experienced guards are cynical because they realized they can't be cops and they're stuck at Garda, so they end up taking it out on the newbies. You can tell no one wants to be there, even the guy who ran my orientation flat out told us he's trying to join tps. The atmosphere is just depressing and just plain negative.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhat is there to say you guys offer contract security.

Horrible, fear based management

Office (Current Employee)
    Boca Raton, FL

ProsConstantly too much work and don't pay overtime. Computers break all the time so you can look busy and do nothing....just smile and move fast and nobody gonna bother

ConsPoor attitudes and managers from Montreal Talk down and demean employees. Folks just complain about who be fired next in rif. Poor folk with kids can't afford the insurance

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your bills and maybe trucks will get fixed. Where's all the big sales win money going...not to pay bills or fix stufff

a little chaotic

Security Guard (Current Employee)
    Fort McMurray, AB (Canada)

Prosgood place for experience, and can be employed quickly as there's always vacancies. Just get your security licence and you're good to go.

Consmanagement out of touch and they dont care about employee issues. Incredibly high staff turnover, but that seems to be the norm in the security industry around here

Advice to Senior Managementspare a moment to listen to employee grieveances

Avoid this company

Business Development Manager (Former Employee)

ProsLots of good, qualified staff at middle and higher levels. Field staff includes many willing to put in long hours to get the job done.

ConsCommitment to service execution is not very good. A culture of modest effort. No effort to respond in a timely fashion to the internal 'customer'. Management does not sufficiently share their real strategies and plans with mid-level ops and sales. Too heavily focused on cutting costs. Not paying vendors properly causing cutoff of vital services impacting service delivery.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest less in buying smaller competitors and use those dollars to prove infrastructure and hire the best branch managers at competitive wages.

Its a good company but now I am waiting for a job and I need to work

Security Agent (Current Employee)
    Montreal, QC (Canada)

ProsIts a good company but when you are new, you have to wait for a job

ConsWhen you are not working, the waiting is killing me

Advice to Senior ManagementWe need a regular job

Worked for Garda World Security? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Garda World Security reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Garda World Security CEO Stéphan D. Crétier. All 29 reviews posted anonymously by Garda World Security employees.