Garden Argosy

Add Photos

Ron and Kathie Hermann

Hard work---always busy-

SALES CLERK (Former Employee) Sarasota, FL

ProsPay is above average lots of overtime if you want it.

ConsAlways busy...you will be tired....Owners on site and you will be supervised

Advice to Senior ManagementYou guys work too much.....

Tight ship

Sales (Former Employee) Sarasota, FL

ProsPay is above average for this industry. Overtime if you want it, so you can make lots of money

ConsOwners are tough, but fair..expect a lot from you for the higher wage

Advice to Senior ManagementWe can't all be as good as you..

Retail Torment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPhenomenal gift shop, truly something for everyone. Always considered a "favorite destination" by the customers. The patrons are what make the job tolerable.

ConsThe owners have a reputation around the area for being "extremely hard to work for". We always convince ourselves that it is "sour grapes talking" or that the person just wasn't a diligent employee. This is NOT the case. They have several tremendous sales people highly dedicated to making the store a great shopping experience... but trust me... it's never good enough. Don't let the atmosphere of the front of the store fool you... there's a reason an "accepting job applications" sign is affixed to the shop window 365 days a year.

Advice to Senior ManagementWasted breath... they don't care. It's always the shortcomings of someone else.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Revolving Door

Sales (Former Employee)

ProsInteresting place with varied merchandise, high foot traffic, nice customers and some co-workers very nice to work with.

ConsCompany has high revolving door. Owners have reputation for paying well in retail market because expectations are unreasonable. Not many last long. Very few long term employees. They are constantly hiring and their last ad wanted "sales people who can sell to replace those who thought they could"...insulting. Poor management.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is no advice. It would not be accepted anyway.

Worked for Garden Argosy? Contribute to the Community!