Gardenvision Merchandising

CEO

A breath of fresh air.

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Ocala, FL
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Ocala, FL

I have been working at Gardenvision Merchandising part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You get to work with different types of plants, which I love. You also meet some great people. Your outside instead of being stuck indoors all day. My boss is laid back and fun to work for. Also very flexible work schedule and decent pay.

Cons

If you don't like the heat this job is not for you. Very stressful and fast paced during the spring. Hours are up and down, not full time.

My advice would be to notice how hard your people work for you. Appreciate the one's who do there jobs right. And when your in our store, realize your not there enough to see everything we do.

Dead end job

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Gardenvision Merchandising full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Worked there 4 years and pay was good for college student

Cons

Hard to move up, i was nominated for employee of the year 2 times yet i was never really given the opportunity to move up to management

Get organized

NOT GOOD

Former Employee - Supervisor in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Gardenvision Merchandising full-time (less than an year)

Pros

OK place to start your career

Cons

DONT WORK THERE STAY AWAY

Please train new employees that are coming into the company!!!!!!!

Relatively good job

Former Employee - Supervisor in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Gardenvision Merchandising full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You get a lot of "free" time in terms of the work that needs to be done.
    You get most of your weekends and most major holidays off.
    Flexible work hours and convenience.

Cons

Underpaid for most of what you have to deal with.
    No clear authority over what store wants and your company wants
    Needs a better training platform for mid level mgt. Often times focuses majority of training on merchandiser level.

Gardenvision is a great place to work and to build a career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I have been working at Gardenvision Merchandising

Pros

Entreprenuerial spirit, support from management while allowing for things to not go as planned, a focus on growth, both of the company and of individuals, very little political baggage, celebration of success, a desire and need to be great, not just good.

Cons

Becoming a really big company with some of the junk that comes along with size, increases in salary are few and far between

Keep doing what you're doing, but remember to reward the people who are driving your success not just once when the big hurdles are overcome, but consistently so that they know their continued effort is noted and apprciated.

The only place I've ever worked at for more than a couple of years.

I have been working at Gardenvision Merchandising

Pros

Freedom to try things, no one looking over your shoulder, great people, considerate supervisors, incredible positive energy. They work with my schedule and my family comes first.

Cons

Working outside is sometimes not great. The public can be not so nice. I wish the company paid more and had better benefits.

Remember to tell us that you appreciate what we do. We work HARD!

If your store doesn't dump all their work on you, it's ok

Current Employee - Merchandiser
    Current Employee - Merchandiser

I have been working at Gardenvision Merchandising part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible part time hours, autonomous work outside with plants, off every weekend, holiday and vacation pay after a year.

Cons

Miserable working conditions during the summer. If the Lowe's people see how hard you work, they will leave all of the plants for you to put out while they stand around and talk. Hours change at a moments notice. Poor communication from management, and from Lowe's.

Make yourself more visible! Communicate with your workers and let them know what is expected of them, rather than giving them a manual with inapplicable pictures.

Word of advice - Never work for this company.

I worked at Gardenvision Merchandising

Pros

You pretty much get to make your own hours as long as you complete them by each Friday. You get weekends off.

Cons

I got hired for a seasonal position which was suppose to last 6 months. After a month hours were cut inhalf with no notice. By the second month hours were completely cut leaving alot of people unemployed. The day I was told was the last day of employment. Thats not what they tell you during an interview.

Be honest to your hard working employees. They have bills to pay just like you!!!

Great part time job, enjoyable coworkers, but hard work.

Former Employee - Merchandiser
    Former Employee - Merchandiser

I worked at Gardenvision Merchandising

Pros

Flexible hours are great for part time. Get to work with some genuinely nice people. Outdoors job. Easy job, if you work hard and are able to pay attention to details. High level of autonomy.

Cons

Outdoors job, with peak hours in the spring and summer. Constant exposure to the elements. Seasonal positions with varying hours, can change on short notice.

Give your area managers more support and tools to get their jobs done effectively. Consider a more visible approach to hiring merchandisers.