Garfield's Restaurant & Pub

Updated February 18, 2015
3 reviews filtered by
4.4
CEO

1. This is an amazing company.

Former Employee - Server in Port Huron, MI
    Former Employee - Server in Port Huron, MI

I worked at Garfield's Restaurant & Pub

Pros

I loved everyone I worked with. We really were a team. The way they run their "sections" with a partner, took some getting used to but was a great system.

Cons

I don't feel I was given the opportunity to learn the modifications on the computer, as I was trained. I stressed my concerns to the manager but was unfortunately let go; instead of receiving the proper training to learn the computer system for their (constant menu changes) I needed more practice. I was only on the computer for less than an hour during my training. The multitude of modifications and steps to go about the process I found to be very confusing,without the proper training. I'd worked for a month and then an unexpected personal issue occurred. I was only scheduled to work, 1-2 days per week prior to my leave; I was placed on medical leave, for 3 months. I wasn't given any kind of, retaining before they ultimately fired me.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. This company was a please to be a part of.

2. It was just a bunch of people doing their jobs, it was a family.

Former Employee - Server in Hagerstown, MD
    Former Employee - Server in Hagerstown, MD

I worked at Garfield's Restaurant & Pub part-time (more than a year)

Pros

You always get help. Managers are so willing to help in any way. It was like talking to an uncle about a personal problem instead of a supervisor.

Cons

Either you're busy busy busy all day or super slow. Business fluctuates too much.

Advice to Management

Not enough of promoting within the company unless you've been there for more than a decade.

3. Was a learning experience.

Former Employee - Saute' Chef in Grand Junction, Mesa, CO
    Former Employee - Saute' Chef in Grand Junction, Mesa, CO

I worked at Garfield's Restaurant & Pub full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I was able to gain most of my knowledge on how to broil, saute', learn management skills, inventory and ordering of product.

Cons

Was a small family owned resstuarant and there was no real room for advancement because of the owners family being put into positions that they weren't qualified for.

Advice to Management

Didn't really see the owner but the management wasn't what it should have been. We had no out look on what was going to happen. No kitchen manager either.