Garlic Jim's Famous Gourmet Pizza

1 Rating

Part time

Former Employee - Cashier in Pasadena, CA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Pasadena, CA

I worked at Garlic Jim's Famous Gourmet Pizza part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, easy job,low stress

Cons

small business, small customer base

A typical pizza delivery experience.

Former Employee - Pizza Delivery Driver in Juanita, WA
    Former Employee - Pizza Delivery Driver in Juanita, WA

I worked at Garlic Jim's Famous Gourmet Pizza part-time

Pros

Laid back atmosphere, easy to get time off, reasonable expectations...

Cons

Unless you are delivering pizza, chances are the money is not worth your time here.

Great place to work for first job

Former Employee - Insider in Bothell, WA
    Former Employee - Insider in Bothell, WA

I worked at Garlic Jim's Famous Gourmet Pizza part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Easy to learn the ropes. I don't know about other locations, but my manager was very chill and all of my co-workers were amazing. Corporate requires that you not have any facial piercings. They may allow you to wear a spacer. I was hired without a food handler's permit, but eventually had to get one. I didn't really have an interview because my best friend told my manager I was cool and would make a good employee.

Cons

You WILL smell like everything. You don't get tips unless you're a delivery driver.

It doesn't pay much, but it's a nice place to work at.

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Garlic Jim's Famous Gourmet Pizza part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Everybody who works here is very nice and friendly. It is not like a high-pressure type of work environment where you have managers getting on your case for failing to achieve unrealistic or very highly impractical performance goals. We are down-to-earth here and are just focused on doing our jobs while talking to people and more or less having a good time. We don't get stuffed full of some cheesy motivational "company spirit" song and dance that's meant to transform us from being persons with lives and identities to being tiny mindless corporate machine parts.

Cons

This business has a lot of competition, so there is no way that anyone can earn a lot of money working in it. Most of us also are not able to get 40 hours per week because most of the business that we get occurs between 6 PM and 8 PM. This works well only as a second job.

Enjoyable, mostly

Former Employee - Insider in Beaverton, OR
    Former Employee - Insider in Beaverton, OR

I worked at Garlic Jim's Famous Gourmet Pizza

Pros

I enjoyed working with people my age. It was a good summer job for a college student. At times it could be pretty fun. Sometimes we got to eat free pizza. The managers were pretty laid back and allowed me to take a day off if I worked it out ahead of time.

Cons

Some of the people caused a lot of drama. One manager (who was later fired) was pretty incompetent and lazy. Every once and awhile I had to talk to an unhappy customer.

I generally liked management. They did their job well for the most part. They knew what needed to be done and gave you encouragement and praise.