Garmin

www.garmin.com

Garmin Reviews in Arizona

Updated Mar 18, 2014

Clifton Pemble

Pros
  • Work life balance for where I am in life right now is amazing(in 17 reviews)

• Great benefits and they take care of their employees(in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • The big con here is that there is very little structure for career path development(in 10 reviews)

• It's hard to move up in the ranks while working in Salem(in 5 reviews)

5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Engineer Haven

Software Engineer II (Current Employee) Chandler, AZ

ProsChallenging work with lots of opportunities to shape the products we work on through personal freedom and innovation. Everything we do has a purpose and the end goal in mind. Time is taken if needed to do things right, but isn't wasted on efforts that don't yield any value.

ConsNone. There are things that could be improved with any situation, but realistically there is very little to complain about.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Software Engineer

Software Engineer II (Former Employee) Chandler, AZ

ProsThey provide great benefits, like healthcare, dental, etc. Stable company with expanding markets.

ConsThe work atmosphere at my office was very boring. They don't have many events or other opportunities to branch out and meet new people.

Has a chance to be great, but leaves something to be desired

Software Engineer II (Current Employee) Chandler, AZ

ProsGood Benefits - health, vision, dental, relaxed environment, access to management, covered parking, good location, Flexible schedule when needed, free coffee

Conssometimes disorganized, not a lot of variety in terms of types of work so each engineer ends up working on the same things for a long time. Leaves something to be desired.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest more in the development environment. The use of all kinds of free open-source tools can be frustrating and each engineer managing their own copy of the repository takes quite a bit of time.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A company that understands engineering

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsEngineering driven organization
    Exceptional benefits when you overlook the mediocre salary
    Innovative, fast paced engineering teams
    Pride in working for a company with a very loyal customer base

ConsNo promotions (10yrs wait to go from software engineer to senior software)
    Recent belt-tightening has the unfortunate side-effect of making some good talent leave
    Stock has taken a huge beating due to free smartphone navigation applications.
    Uncertain future due to market uncertainties

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Good Experience

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Chandler, AZ

ProsGood business education - interesting to get a view of how products are put together and marketing. Benefits are great, pay is not bad.

ConsOut of touch execs, products built by engineers for engineers.Out of touch execs, products built by engineers for engineers

Advice to Senior ManagementInnovate instead of duplicating. Enterprise business is strong , but the company is clueless about consumers. Out of touch execs, products built by engineers for engineers

Worked for Garmin? Contribute to the Community!