Garmin

www.garmin.com

Garmin Reviews

Updated Jul 14, 2014

Clifton Pemble

Pros
  • Work life balance for where I am in life right now is amazing(in 17 reviews)

• Great benefits and they take care of their employees(in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • The big con here is that there is very little structure for career path development(in 10 reviews)

• It's hard to move up in the ranks while working in Salem(in 5 reviews)

Educative

Product Support Specialist (Current Employee)

Prosmany opportunities for advancement if given the chance

Consmicro-managing kills the morale of the folks manning the phone.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees

Dealer Technical Support

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsA great company that has a wonderful culture.

ConsIt's hard to move up in the ranks while working in Salem. There needs to be more opportunities for every hard working person in the contact center.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Great place to work, but it's still work

Software Engineer Intern (Current Employee) Olathe, KS

ProsGreat work/life balance.
    Good benefits
    Decent pay

ConsSoftware testing can be boring
    Work can get repetitive

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to work, good benefits

Design Engineer (Current Employee) Olathe, KS

ProsGood benefits, good work atmosphere, fun products, no dress code, good location if you like living in the suburbs, management is trustworthy.

ConsSalary is on the low side, most markets served are mature, management does not appear to know how to enter new markets or how to create new markets.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook into new markets or create new markets before all current markets become mature, saturated, and less profitable.

A great place to work.

Product Support Specialist (Former Employee) Olathe, KS

ProsManagement gives you the latitude needed to make the customer happy. Great benefits.

ConsCall center job. Back to back calls usually.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave the top brass visit the call center more often. It's good to shake hands now and then.

Product Support Specialist

Product Support Specialist (Current Employee) Olathe, KS

ProsGood company culture, great benefits, fun people to work with. Great local KC company to start with and explore career opportunities.

ConsAdvancement opportunities tend to be slow and at times difficult to come around. Auto industry is in decrease and need to find ways to amp it to increase.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave agents be able to rate supervisors just as agents are coached and evaluated by team supervisors.

Great company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWork environment is positive. Good team atmosphere within departments. Company cares about employees. Excellent benefits.

ConsSome positions don't pay very well but the great benefits can make up for some of that.

could be a world class company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Olathe, KS

ProsGarmin hires increasable people to work there. As most people that see Garmin from the outside knows the quality and reputation of the core products.
    Excellent benefits - I have never worked anywhere where the benefits were as good as Garmin. But, there is a cost for everything...
    Stable work environment.

ConsCheap - that is the best word to describe the company. Salaries are not competitive and the stress level is quite high for certain positions.

Advice to Senior Managementget a better management structure. Cliff is the most uninspiring leader and that flows down the corporate structure.

senior electrical engineer

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Olathe, KS

Prosnice benefit , engineering friendly envirement.

Conslack of in-work training

Good first job for a college grad, build your resume and leave

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Olathe, KS

ProsInteresting products, friendly people, comfortable place to live and work

ConsManagement has a product roadmap but no technology roadmap. The software teams are forced to use outdated tools and practices because the products use a proprietary operating system that is outdated and needs to be deprecated. Pay is not competitive with the market. Lots of top performers have left the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote leaders that understand modern software practices and technology. Ditch the old ways and start making products that can compete in the post smart phone world. Make retention a top priority.

Worked for Garmin? Contribute to the Community!